Stop a Cacher from Logging the Exact Location of My Hide

roodude

Hello all,

I am having a problem with one of my caches in which a new person to caching is logging the exact location of the hide. Since they are only a non-premium member and have no email account set up, the only way to contact them is by posting a note on the cache page. After I deleted their log, and politely requested that they provide hints, they ignored me 3 times, continuing to post the exact location. I have also noticed they did this to other caches that are not mine and just today, they created another new account and reposted the exact location of my cache using another name. Very frustrating for me and I did try logging a complaint with Groundspeak, but there appears to be a problem with help requests on the website, as immediately after I type the security word and click on the submit icon, it just resets and asks for a new security word to be typed, without out me getting some kind of confirmation that is was sent to them. Any ideas, suggestions on how to deal with a newbie that is just taking the fun out of hiding.

Thank You

I just kept deleting their logs and posted a note on the cache page as to why. Finally it stopped. I know the frustration you are feeling. Thats why from now on I am making all caches premium only. Since they don't go to the website they don't know the proper way to log a cache. Hate that new app with no email address needed. But since people have been complaining about it since it came out and Groundspeak has done nothing to change it I guess we as cache owners are stuck with it. I stopped putting out new caches except for one premium and archived about 50 of mine.

I just kept deleting their logs and posted a note on the cache page as to why. Finally it stopped. I know the frustration you are feeling. Thats why from now on I am making all caches premium only. Since they don't go to the website they don't know the proper way to log a cache. Hate that new app with no email address needed. But since people have been complaining about it since it came out and Groundspeak has done nothing to change it I guess we as cache owners are stuck with it. I stopped putting out new caches except for one premium and archived about 50 of mine.

I have 114 hides and can you believe the only one I do not have marked as premium is the very first cache I ever hid, and of course the one I am having problems with. Arrgggg, I thought about switching this one over to premium, but was worried that the "new cacher' would just come and muggle it away from me, which would suck because my son gave me this container as a Christmas present. I guess I just could archive it and re hide the container somewhere else, but don't want to have to do that either. I am pretty sure it's a kid that is doing this, with all the misspelled words in the logs and the fact that his avatar is pair of basketball shoes. After having this issue, I will most definitely continue to hide premiums only.

Thanks all!!

Is has nothing to do with premium membership. Basic members can still have an email validated, and can still log premium member caches. Also one can apparently be a premium member without a validated email if it's purchased through the app.

You deleted the logs, and they where relogged. I don't think the person care about your notes. Just delete them, and email Groundspeak about it, though with anything they can do, there's easy ways around it. To me it seems the person was mad their log was deleted and is logging it again just to get to you.

To me it seems the person was mad their log was deleted and is logging it again just to get to you.

To me, it seems that the person has no idea why their logging doesn't "work" on their phone and they keep trying. Just keep deleting until they give up and quit trying to geocache at all. Because "the stupid thing doesn't work."

To me it seems the person was mad their log was deleted and is logging it again just to get to you.

To me, it seems that the person has no idea why their logging doesn't "work" on their phone and they keep trying. Just keep deleting until they give up and quit trying to geocache at all. Because "the stupid thing doesn't work."

No, they definitely know what they are doing wrong, because the hide is a nano on a fire hydrant, so their first log read, "On fire hydrant, very small".

I deleted that log and posted note why, then they relogged stating "In need of fire". That log was deleted and they relogged "Very small, in case of fire", deleted the log again and one more time, they relogged "small and tiny and on blue and yellow", which is the color of the fire hydrant. That log was deleted, didn't see any new logs until today, when a new user name just created today logged "Very small (blue and yellow). Pretty sure its the same kid with a different name. Looking at his other posts on other user's caches, it seems to me that he gets a kick out of giving explicit details about the hides and/or containers. Maybe it makes them feel good to divulge the details, who knows, but they definitely know they are doing something wrong.

No, they definitely know what they are doing wrong, because the hide is a nano on a fire hydrant, so their first log read, "On fire hydrant, very small".

I deleted that log and posted note why, then they relogged stating "In need of fire". That log was deleted and they relogged "Very small, in case of fire", deleted the log again and one more time, they relogged "small and tiny and on blue and yellow", which is the color of the fire hydrant. That log was deleted, didn't see any new logs until today, when a new user name just created today logged "Very small (blue and yellow). Pretty sure its the same kid with a different name. Looking at his other posts on other user's caches, it seems to me that he gets a kick out of giving explicit details about the hides and/or containers. Maybe it makes them feel good to divulge the details, who knows, but they definitely know they are doing something wrong.

they know that you don't like what they are doing, certainly. They may think that you are wrong.

Hello all,

I am having a problem with one of my caches in which a new person to caching is logging the exact location of the hide. Since they are only a non-premium member and have no email account set up, the only way to contact them is by posting a note on the cache page. After I deleted their log, and politely requested that they provide hints, they ignored me 3 times, continuing to post the exact location. I have also noticed they did this to other caches that are not mine and just today, they created another new account and reposted the exact location of my cache using another name. Very frustrating for me and I did try logging a complaint with Groundspeak, but there appears to be a problem with help requests on the website, as immediately after I type the security word and click on the submit icon, it just resets and asks for a new security word to be typed, without out me getting some kind of confirmation that is was sent to them. Any ideas, suggestions on how to deal with a newbie that is just taking the fun out of hiding.

Thank You

What that means is that you did not type the security word correctly. Some times it takes a couple tries.