Premium Membership

Fryzers

On the surface it sounds like you are caughtin the premium membership/premium application confusion.

The full version geocaching app is a $10 1-time purchase. (unless you change from iPhone to Droid or vice versa, then ou have to re-purchase)

Geocaching premium membership is an annual $30/year fee. (not counting single month, 3-month, European, or other premium membership cost alternatives & issues).

Many free intro app users buy the full app thinking that all gives them premium membership or the opposite - they pay for premium membership thinking they are getting, or will get, the full version app. This is not the case. They are 2 separate things and are purchased separately.

Help any?

The in-app "upgrade" is actually for a Premium membership subscription on the website. You do NOT get the paid app with that, it is a seperate purchase. To buy the paid app (or "Pro" version like they're calling it now), you must go to the App Store to make the purchase. Buying either of them does NOT also get you the other.

The Pro version of the app will greatly improve your Geocaching experience with or without Premium membership. However, if you are still using the free Intro app then Premium membership won't do you any good.

Just wondering why Premium costs less on my iPhone than it does on the website? Is it the same membership?

Don't mix up:

Groundspeaks Free App vs the Paid for App

Basic Membership vs Premium Membership

Premium Membership has a 3 month version and a 12 month version.

DON'T upgrade in the free app thinking it will get you the paid for app.

Sorry, I've not been around to reply.

I've got the paid app already so that's not the issue. I go to upgrade to premium membership from the app and it offers me 2 options;

3 months - £6.99

1 year - £20.99

both of these options are non auto renewal.

The website is £7.99 and £24.99 respectively. Now the £20.99 with VAT (if not already included) is £25.19.

My question is...... Will the iPhone purchase include VAT and give me membership for £20.99 or does it not include VAT and will actually work out slightly more than the website?

Sorry, I've not been around to reply.

I've got the paid app already so that's not the issue. I go to upgrade to premium membership from the app and it offers me 2 options;

3 months - £6.99

1 year - £20.99

both of these options are non auto renewal.

The website is £7.99 and £24.99 respectively. Now the £20.99 with VAT (if not already included) is £25.19.

My question is...... Will the iPhone purchase include VAT and give me membership for £20.99 or does it not include VAT and will actually work out slightly more than the website?

I'm not sure even Groundspeak knows the answer to THAT one! :laughing: Good luck!

I go to upgrade to premium membership from the app and it offers me 2 options;

3 months - £6.99

1 year - £20.99

Sorry about the tangent, but people are coming to the Forum after "upgrading the App from within the App", saying they were confused that the "upgrade" is Premium Membership and not actually an "upgrade" to the Full Version of the App as they expected.

How could anyone think they are upgrading their App for only 3 months? Or only 1 year? If I saw the "3 Months" and "1 Year" deal, I'd know it could not be an "App Upgrade", because you can outright buy the Full App in the iPhone store with a one-time payment.

Edited by kunarion