Garmin 60CSx

REF: Garmin 60CSx

Was out Geocaching after about 12-mo break! Put new batteries in the unit and did a recalibration.

However, a few times yesterday while out on foot searching for caches, my GARMIN locked up! I would have to shut her down numerous times, to get her working again! Never happened in the past!

Any of you folks that own or have owned this unit, ever have such a problem??

Happy caching :D

I haven't used mine lately but the only thing that comes to mind is a problem with the cache file that was loaded to the unit.....sometimes an individual cache can cause problems due to cache page formatting, etc. You could clear the unit of all caches, waypoints, files, etc and see if it stays on. If that fails maybe a master re-set.

I haven't used mine lately but the only thing that comes to mind is a problem with the cache file that was loaded to the unit.....sometimes an individual cache can cause problems due to cache page formatting, etc. You could clear the unit of all caches, waypoints, files, etc and see if it stays on. If that fails maybe a master re-set.

A 60csx is not paperless, so does not contain "cache files"... They are just waypoints.

Mine locks up some times.

It seems to happen when I drive around while on the map page.

I often wondered if it was the rechargeable batteries not being strong enough or the map(open street map) I have loaded crashing it.

Maybe the unit has memory or processor overload when trying to display street heavy maps and guide at the same time.

I was going to post the same question on this site too.

Mine locks up some times.

It seems to happen when I drive around while on the map page.

I often wondered if it was the rechargeable batteries not being strong enough or the map(open street map) I have loaded crashing it.

Maybe the unit has memory or processor overload when trying to display street heavy maps and guide at the same time.

I was going to post the same question on this site too.

-----------------------

I use my Garmin in the truck to get as close as possible, then use my 60CSx on the trail to the cache.