What am I doing wrong? Cache wont publish

Misticme

So I have this cache that I can't get published and I dont know why. Can anyone please help? I a tearing my hair out and about to cry. All the reviewer will tell me is that I am 'not complying with the guidelines'. He says at least part has to be outdoors... but it is! I really don't get what I am doing wrong. The final is indoors, but I got permission from Groundspeak and the reviewer knows that. The first stage *is* outdoors, so can anyone please look at my cache and tell me what I a doing wrong? Thanks!

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4CV8T_call-of-the-wild

Yes I did say the first stage is outdoors, but google street view shows it also. I asked and get the response "Archiving since there doesn't appear to be any progress in bringing this Listing into compliance with the Guidelines, nor any clarification. Please contact Appeals if you wish to pursue this Listing any further." So I don't know which guideline I am not complying with. I took screenshots of the cache page since you cant see it unpublished. Is there a way to upload pics here?

I sounds as though it is/was archived for lack of progress (or communication, if you will).

Sitting on it and letting it languish does nothing.

Add: you can load the photo to another host site -- or an unpublished cache page -- and link the photo into the forum posting using the little photo icon above. You cannot load directly from your computer to the forums.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

The note from your reviewer says there is a lack of gps usage which is often a problem for a cache indoors. Your reviewer suggested placing a first waypoint outdoors to resolve the issue.

As I said in my original post, the first stage is outdoors, so that's why I am not understand the "lack of gps usage".

Yes I did say the first stage is outdoors, but google street view shows it also. I asked and get the response "Archiving since there doesn't appear to be any progress in bringing this Listing into compliance with the Guidelines, nor any clarification. Please contact Appeals if you wish to pursue this Listing any further." So I don't know which guideline I am not complying with. I took screenshots of the cache page since you cant see it unpublished. Is there a way to upload pics here?

Did you try following directions? Contact Appeals, like you were told to do, if you wanted to attempt to work it out.

Did you try following directions? Contact Appeals, like you were told to do, if you wanted to attempt to work it out.

Yes I did contact them this morning as soon as I got the denial. But the automated reply says 3-5 days for a response so I figured I could ask here in the meantime and try to figure out what I am doing wrong.

As I said in my original post, the first stage is outdoors, so that's why I am not understand the "lack of gps usage".

From the little icon on the map in the picture you've posted, the cache appears to be a traditional cache, and thus can't have stages. Did you mean to publish this as a multicache?

I can't read the text of the cache desription well enough to see the particulars, but I could make out that this is a library cache and I've seen many problems with these. Usually it has to do with the posted coords just take you to the library where you then go in to do or find something. In this case, a GPS is not needed as the location of the library is a known factor and does not require a GPS.

There are many ways to change this, but the simplest, I suppose, is to use the coords to take the seekers to a specific object on or nearthe library grounds which they then must use in some way to determine where in the library to look for the final.

Another common library cache problem is that you cannot require any interaction with library staff to find obtain the cache.

Does that help any?

Edited by Semper Questio

It looks like a library cache.

As has been stated, the indoors aspect is not the problem. The problem is the lack of GPS usage. This is a common problem with library caches.

Geocaching is not just a game about finding hidden containers. It is a game about using accurate GPS coordinates to find hidden containers. It isn't enough to have the posted coordinates or the first stage be outdoors. You need to have them find something using accurate GPS coordinates.

A common approach with a library cache is to have them use accurate GPS coordinates to find a tag or a small container with information of some kind (e.g., a book title or Dewey decimal number), and then to use that information to find the cache in the library. Another approach is to put the first stage in the library, where they get information that produces coordinates, leading to a final cache that is located with accurate GPS coordinates. I've seen both these approaches used.

I've also seen older library caches that do not meet these guidelines. Such caches are grandfathered. You can't create a new cache like that today. The guidelines and the current interpretation of the guidelines have changed over the years, and this is just one example.

I can't read the text of the cache desription well enough to see the particulars, but I could make out that this is a library cache and I've seen many problems with these. Usually it has to do with the posted coords just take you to the library where you then go in to do or find something. In this case, a GPS is not needed as the location of the library is a known factor and does not require a GPS.

There are many ways to change this, but the simplest, I suppose, is to use the coords to take the seekers to a specific object on or nearthe library grounds which they then must use in some way to determine where in the library to look for the final.

Another common library cache problem is that you cannot require any interaction with library staff to find obtain the cache.

Does that help any?

Yes it does thanks. It is supposed to be multi and I accidentally selected traditional. At the first stage are directions on how to find the final. And no interaction is reuired. I mean they know it is there, but you don't need to ask to find it. So now my problem is when I try to switch it to multi stage, the part where I enter the coords is greyed out so I can't enter anything. Do you know what Im doing wrong there?

From the little icon on the map in the picture you've posted, the cache appears to be a traditional cache, and thus can't have stages. Did you mean to publish this as a multicache?

I am not seeing the traditional cache icon... but if you submitted it as a traditional, with additional stages, that could well be a problem.

I am not altogether sure that you can change cache-type. This may call for a overall new submittal.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

You cannot edit and resubmit an archived listing. I recommend starting all over again with a multicache submission, being sure to use the Additional Waypoints tool to mark the location of the second stage.

Include a LONG reviewer note explaining in detail what you are trying to do and how your cache design works. Your forum posts here are far more detailed than the information provided to your reviewer.

You ought to be able to publish a two-stage multicache with one stage outdoors, found with a GPS, and the other stage indoors. Good luck!