Private Blogs

I came across a private blog today by a geocacher that has posted pictures and details of many caches in various areas. The pictures show the exact location as well as a very clear view of where the caches are hidden. Lots of my caches have been published on this blog as well as many other cachers hides. Personally I am very disappointed that this cacher has done this.

What should or can be done about this blog....I was thinking of sending the bloggers link to every cache owner that is on that blog........

Comments and thoughts as how to proceed would be appreciated....

What to do....? Little to nothing you can do, really.

wimseyguy provided probably the best advice.

The trick is... word it in such a manner as to try and prevent any "backlash". Enemies are easy to make when you try to "suggest" ways for them to do things better, especially when it is not face-to-face discussion. The written word is often taken wrongly as demanding -- there is no way to convey verbal inflections.

I came across a private blog today by a geocacher that has posted pictures and details of many caches in various areas. The pictures show the exact location as well as a very clear view of where the caches are hidden. Lots of my caches have been published on this blog as well as many other cachers hides. Personally I am very disappointed that this cacher has done this.

What should or can be done about this blog....I was thinking of sending the bloggers link to every cache owner that is on that blog........

Here is some good reading material on a similar topic - Youtube geocaching videos

...a private blog...

These are the keywords of the issue.

Chances are the person knows full well what they are doing, and aren't going to modify the blog...with about a 0.1% chance they would have not realized it may be improper to 'spoil' other people's caches in the blog.

As stated, you could ask politely that any spoiler of YOUR caches (if any) be removed, but I would suggest asking only once and then let the matter drop lest they escalate the 'spoiler blogging'. If none of YOUR caches have been 'reviewed' in the blog, then you have no dog in the fight and really nothing to say to them...let it go.

Geocaching bloggers are absolutely notorious for posting spoilers in their blog posts. :o

Although I'm not aware of anyone who has ever had to contact one of them, I think you might be the lucky winner, seeing as some of your own caches were featured. Just politely tell them that they are posting spoilers to all the local caches. You could even mention some guy told you "Geocaching bloggers are absolutely notorious for posting spoilers in their blog posts." Although I'd try to come up with a different word than notorious. :lol:

Here is some good reading material on a similar topic - Youtube geocaching videos

Eh, I don't know that you could compare this to the late Sven. and his Geocaching spoilers YouTube channel. I don't think any of the bloggers even realize they're posting mega spoilers on other people's caches. I don't know, I guess it's almost their nature that they are going to describe the journey to each cache in detail, and post pictures of it.

I have the opposite problem. I make what I think is a fun cache in a cool spot, fun container, and nobody notices. “Me find cache, sign log, TFTC”. I wonder if their private blogs are so dry. :ph34r:

This is precisely why I am thrilled when one of my caches is mentioned.. because there are so many lame TFTC logs out there. And while I don't consider myself some cache hiding god, I certainly don't go around hiding stop sign, skirt lifter and guardrail caches either (on any regular basis).