why gps why

gkcin

According to the instruction I just download from the net, you don't, you replace the batteries with 2 AAA. A quick search for geomate jr instruction should yield you a similar PDF oppurtunity.

Colorado Bear

So do you charge the batteries or do you charge the whole geomate junior and how do you charge it?

According to the instruction I just download from the net, you don't, you replace the batteries with 2 AAA. A quick search for geomate jr instruction should yield you a similar PDF oppurtunity.

Colorado Bear

So do you charge the batteries or do you charge the whole geomate junior and how do you charge it?

You place them in the microwave for 10 minutes. Also works with cell phones. Also don't try it. Seriously you need to read what others have posted. And what it's worth, I've never seen rechargable AAA batteries.

You place them .... Also works with ... Also don't try it.

I can't believe you posted that. Stupid. Totally irresponsible. Some 'jokes' are not funny. How do you know they will recognize it as a 'joke'? And you think that adding 'don't try it' makes it OK?

I think 22 must be a reference to the size of your brain.

Hi, you can either replace the batteries with standard non-rechargeable AAA batteries. Or get 4 rechargeable AAA batteries and an AAA charger. You'll then have a couple ready charged for the next trip.

The geomate jr instructions can be found here.

Congratulations on finding your first cache and good luck with future caching!

Regards Bernard

I can't believe you posted that. Stupid. Totally irresponsible. Some 'jokes' are not funny. How do you know they will recognize it as a 'joke'? And you think that adding 'don't try it' makes it OK?

I thought it was hilarious almost as good as my suggestion which was going to be you charge them on your credit card.

Hi, you can either replace the batteries with standard non-rechargeable AAA batteries. Or get 4 rechargeable AAA batteries and an AAA charger. You'll then have a couple ready charged for the next trip.

The geomate jr instructions can be found here.

Congratulations on finding your first cache and good luck with future caching!

Regards Bernard

Thank you

Not only is Post #5 stupid, it's dangerous.......and I can't believe that a Moderator hasn't already removed it.

If you would like someone from Groundspeak to start a new personal conversation with you (it's really only a one sided conversation), just say something they consider to be disrespectful to Groundspeak. Stupidly dangerous apparently is not covered by the posting guidelines.

This hot-button hot-plate brouhaha made me think of the issue of whether storing batteries in the refrigerator makes them last longer. If I'm reading E-How correctly, it's yes for the cheaper ones. As for alkaline batteries, store them at room temperature - avoid summer heat - fridge unnecessary.

Cool Batteries?

The type of battery is significant to determining whether or not it should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. An alkaline battery kept at room temperature will lose some of its charge, but only a minimal amount -- about 2 percent of its life per year. Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) or Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries, however, can lose a good deal more of their capacity when stored at room temperature, and lose that volume daily. Batteries that are NiCd or NiMH should be kept in the refrigerator or freezer when not in use to maintain their power.

Though the amount of charge lost by alkaline batteries at room temperature is negligible, alkaline batteries lose more of their charge capacity when stored at higher temperatures (85 degrees Fahrenheit or above). Because of this, those who live in hot climates where room temperature may be higher should store alkaline batteries in any location that is approximately 72 degrees or lower, as this is the standard "room temperature."

Not only is Post #5 stupid, it's dangerous.......and I can't believe that a Moderator hasn't already removed it.

I've seen microwaving lightbulbs and CD's in approved elementary-school science projects (with parental supervision). Those were not dangerous when I witnessed them, and they were extremely cool. (Use a microwave that you're finished with in terms of household use.)(Ivory soap also was fascinating!)

So instead of censorship, let's use this as a learning opportunity, and for those few who maybe have been living on a desert island for 40 years, let's repeat the safety rule: DO NOT MICROWAVE anything unless you know that it's not dangerous or harmful. That includes considering not only fire or explosion, but also fumes and residual heat.

Edited by wmpastor