Is there a ten year membership souvenir?

Would a 10 year membership souvenir be awarded to every account 10 years after it was created?

Only people who have found caches for in 10 different years? 10 consecutive years?

I don't know. How much does icon candy cost these days? I know a guy that took about a three year break from caching and shortly after his return he won this year's January Featured Geocacher of the Month.

We should definitely dock his time counted.

Edited by BlueDeuce

No...but your cache-to-year ratio should be a lot higher than 74.3. <_<

And here I thought I was enjoying being a cacher. My bad. :)

You only THOUGHT you were enjoying yourself.

Let's think about this and try a little harder over the next ten years, shall we? :lol:

P.S. I didn't get a 10 year souvi either. :mad:

My two biggest complaints.

I used to travel so much for work and finally I got a position that kept me home. Two months later I learned about geocaching. I honestly would have appreciated geocaching for getting me out of the hotel room.

Still travel with the family. Disney World. San Francisco, Disney World, Los Angeles, Florida Keys, San Diego, Disney World, Los Angeles, San Bernardino. Holy Cats! could we pick some place else than Florida or California already!

This year we're heading to the Florida Keys. Which fortunately I absolutely love.

No...but your cache-to-year ratio should be a lot higher than 74.3. dry.gif

You only THOUGHT you were enjoying yourself.

Let's think about this and try a little harder over the next ten years, shall we? :lol:

P.S. I didn't get a 10 year souvi either. :mad:

My two biggest complaints.

I used to travel so much for work and finally I got a position that kept me home. Two months later I learned about geocaching. I honestly would have appreciated geocaching for getting me out of the hotel room.

Still travel with the family. Disney World. San Francisco, Disney World, Los Angeles, Florida Keys, San Diego, Disney World, Los Angeles, San Bernardino. Holy Cats! could we pick some place else than Florida or California already!

This year we're heading to the Florida Keys. Which fortunately I absolutely love.

I also consider whether or not I've found a cache in a certain state when doing vacation planning. I have family in California and it's the state in which I have the second most number of finds but there are a lot of places in California I'd still like to do some geocaching. That said, we just booked accommodations for a vacation at the end of August in Tennessee (a state in which I haven't found a cache). Since we'll be driving, and will need to stay overnight along the way, I'm looking at hotels along the route in West Virginia (about half way), where I also have not yet found a cache.

I have even considered whether or not I've found a cache in a certain country when considering flight itinerary options, even if it means paying for a hotel for a long layover. Although it also turned out to be the least expensive option, when I travel to Ethiopia next month for business, I booked flights that will give me an 11 hour layover in Istanbul, Turkey, and hopefully will be able to add both countries to my list.

No...but your cache-to-year ratio should be a lot higher than 74.3. <_<

How dare you not cache according to others' standards and expectations? Harrumph! :laughing:

I found 153 caches in 2012. Am I a cacher yet? :unsure:

B)

That said, we just booked accommodations for a vacation at the end of August in Tennessee (a state in which I haven't found a cache).

I've been eying taking a flight down to Memphis on some random weekend, renting a car and doing a clockwise route trough Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, and ending back down in Memphis. That's only a three hour drive altogether. I'd still have time for BBQ and a show.

That said, we just booked accommodations for a vacation at the end of August in Tennessee (a state in which I haven't found a cache).

I've been eying taking a flight down to Memphis on some random weekend, renting a car and doing a clockwise route trough Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, and ending back down in Memphis. That's only a three hour drive altogether. I'd still have time for BBQ and a show.

For a little more time you can grab KY as well! (Mmmm..bourbon).

I've done all sorts of those types of weekends:

NC, SC, TN

IL, IN, MI, WI

LA, MS, AL, FL

MO, IA, NE, SD, KS

TN, KY, TN, OH (a couple of repeated states for others I was with).

Loads of fun if planned right!

(edit: typos)

Edited by BBWolf+3Pigs

I've actually looked at that route as well. I've also looked at flying to Kansas City and hitting caches in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. When I'm in Tennessee in August I'll be within an hours drive or so from the Kentucky border and might try to take a drive north.

I've actually looked at that route as well. I've also looked at flying to Kansas City and hitting caches in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa. When I'm in Tennessee in August I'll be within an hours drive or so from the Kentucky border and might try to take a drive north.

When in Iowa make the side trip to Winterset - John Wayne's birthplace and home of the Bridges of Madison County (several remain). It was recommended to us, and we were glad we went!