Waymarking challenge geocaches

Interested in what types of challenge caches may be around in your area that involve finding waymarks.

Personally, I have 2 challenge caches for Waymarks. One is a Alphabet Challenge where you have to find a waymark which name starts with all 26 letters. The other is a 1000/100/10/1 Challenge where you have to visit 1000 total waymarks, visit at least 100 categories, 10 in each of the 15 departments, and 1 department must have 100 total visits.

I am about to make a 5X5 "X" challenge from the category grid.

Is there any other ideas that you may have?

Interested in what types of challenge caches may be around in your area that involve finding waymarks.

Personally, I have 2 challenge caches for Waymarks. One is a Alphabet Challenge where you have to find a waymark which name starts with all 26 letters. The other is a 1000/100/10/1 Challenge where you have to visit 1000 total waymarks, visit at least 100 categories, 10 in each of the 15 departments, and 1 department must have 100 total visits.

I am about to make a 5X5 "X" challenge from the category grid.

Is there any other ideas that you may have?

I have several waymark challenge caches, and (shhhhh!) several puzzle caches that involve Waymarking. Edmond, OK

I just had to look these challenges up. I see I quality for the 1000/100/10/1 Waymarking Challenge, but it is about 400 miles away. Even with all my cemetery visits I do not qualify for Oklahoma's Cemetery Waymark Challenge, but that one is about 700 miles away anyway. It makes me wonder what other Waymarking-related geocaching challenges are out there.

I completed a 100 category (and a FTF to boot - whoo hoo) Missouri Waymarking Category geocaching challenge. I had to find 100 different Waymarking categories in Missouri after a certain date and they could not be my own (not waymarks - if I had gone to the Gateway Arch - it has about 20 or so categories right there). I then had to travel from my lovely abode in suburban Kansas City (on the Kansas side) to Springfield to sign the log. I was able to get visits on both sides of the state of Missouri as well as along the I-49 corridor. Had a blast. I'm working on BruceS's Missouri Monster and Missouri Hustory scavenger hunts so I was able to justify several trip for those scavenger hunts into the Waymarking/Geocache challenge. Now if I can JUST finish up those two scavenger hunts - two 100 waymarks in a 250 mile radius scavenger hunts is TOUGH! <_<:lol:

Edited by iconions

Here's a Waymarking challenge that I recently created: The Lonely Waymark Challenge Cache http://coord.info/GC49FA0

Premise: find Waymarks which have not been visited in at least one year (sadly this appears to be too common). Collect one point for each full year between when the cache was last visited and when you visited it. Double the points if it has never been visited (use the publication date in that case for the "last visited" date). 30 points required to meet the challenge.

A fun twist: the cache is magnetic and attached to a payphone, which of course I waymarked. Oddly enough the cache has been visited a number of times already but the Waymark has only been logged once.

I had a look and could not find any current challenge geocaches like it (which sort of suprised me). I took the idea from a local challenge (The Lonely Cache Challenge) - I'm guessing there are many variation out there for that one.

I assume most active waymarkers will already qualify. I'm hoping to spur some interest among the non-Waymarking geocachers. I also added an optional challenge which hopefully will give some a reason to seek out old, unvisited Waymarks. the optional challenge is this: how few waymarks do you need to reach 30 points. this could have also been set up as a completely differnt cache (i.e. reach 30 points with visits to 5 or less "lonely waymarks")

the cache is conveniently (and purposely) located just off the QEW highway in Hamilton Ontario Canada, so any Waymarkers travelling through can make a quick stop without having to go out of the way. Maybe I should have placed in near Niagara Falls since it see's so many visitors from all over the world?

Edited by Bon Echo