Find logs by username

wvmarle

Now it is easy to find all the finds logged by a user.

But I haven't found any way of finding other log entries by users, e.g. needs maintenance or needs archived. I wonder if that's possible.

And if you're wondering why: in our local community there is someone who is using an alter ego as "cache police", very aggressively requesting archival of any cache they think might have an issue. A single DNF is good enough for them. And mostly out of curiousity (and to try to keep an overview of potential geotrash: caches that were archived but with container probably still in place) I'd like to see what they've been up to.

Reviewers and Groundspeak employees have easy access to that information. Regular cachers don't. This is not an oversight in the system.

If you think someone is doing something they shouldn't be doing, let a reviewer or a lackey know and let them deal with it.

Don't worry about the cache cops. They are doing your dirty work for you and you are complaining about it.

I like you. :)

As a self-appointed cache cop, I see first hand the benefits. When I first started, there were many caches in our area that had been missing for over 6 months. Nobody was doing anything about it. These caches were clogging people's maps, causing wasted gas and time and preventing people from placing caches in those areas. I have seen quite a few new caches placed after a succesful Needs Archive request on a missing cache. I have also seen alot of missing caches replaced after giving the owner a 'nudge'.

It sounds to me, though, like the cache cop in your area may be overdoing it a bit. Logging a Needs Archive after a single DNF? :blink: Anyway, I expect there is more to the story and like I said, if the reviewer feels their logs are inappropriate, they will no doubt, send them an email.

A single DNF is good enough for them.

Sometimes a single DNF is enough, when examined in conjunction with other factors. Some other questions that would have to be asked are: What was the content of the DNF log? How long ago was the DNF logged? Does the CO still appear to be active? Have any other caches by that CO been archived by a reviewer?

As an example, let's say someone logged the following DNF on an LPC 6 months ago:

I arrived at GZ, but the lamp post (the only one in this parking lot) has been removed.

If the CO hasn't visited the site in 2 years and has had several other caches archived by reviewers in the last year, there's really no reason to expect that they'll suddenly reappear to fix this one cache. After all, they've already had 6 months to fix the cache, and haven't. I'd feel just fine logging a Needs Archive on this cache in this scenario.

...I'd like to see what they've been up to.

So, you want to stalk someone because you think they are doing something wrong? :unsure:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

But, two rights do make a left! :lol:

If the reviewer sees a pattern (and they will) they will deal with it appropriately.

I don't think it's stalking if one is researching public information. If that were a problem, I don't think the ability to find every post by a particular user of this forum would be allowed. Or did I miss something? How else would I get the benefit of a particular user's experience level?

Reviewers and Groundspeak employees have easy access to that information. Regular cachers don't. This is not an oversight in the system.

If you think someone is doing something they shouldn't be doing, let a reviewer or a lackey know and let them deal with it.

Actually, every active, (not deleted), log is available through the api, by username. I think that the fact that they are not available on the website probably is an oversight.