Mysterie to Traditional

BeEvy

Is it possible to transfer a cache you own from a mysterie to a traditional?

If yes, How? You can't just chance it.

Help Center → Geocaching → Cache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=76

6.11. Editing a Published Listing: Major Change.

If you need to change the coordinates beyond 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m), or change the type of cache, please contact your local reviewer. The reviewer will check the changes for adherence to the current guidelines and notify you when the changes have been made, or suggest that a new cache listing should be submitted. Please be sure to follow any instructions the reviewer may send you.

There is a link to the profile page of the reviewer that reviewed your cache listing in the bottom of your cache page (you must be logged in). If you email a reviewer and do not receive a reply within one week, the reviewer account may be inactive and you will need to contact us at Groundspeak.

contact@geocaching.com

When you contact the reviewer or Groundspeak please provide the cache name and GC Code for the listing.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=201

6.10. Editing a Published Listing: Minor Change

You might wish to make minor changes to your cache page after it has been published. Your cache must still abide by the Guidelines.

To edit your listing, log in to your Geocaching.com account and display the listing. In the Navigation box in the upper right corner of the cache page, use the "edit listing" link. That will take you to the original cache report where you can edit the title, text, hint and cache size. You can also edit the difficulty and terrain ratings. You may wish to make adjustments after a few finds on a new cache, or if a cache container has been replaced.

Once you have made the changes, scroll to the bottom of the form and click the "submit changes" link and the two buttons:

Yes. I have read and understand the guidelines for listing a cache.

Yes. I have read and agree to the terms of use agreement.

You will find that you cannot change the cache type. Changing the cache type will retroactively alter the statistics of all previous finders, so we do not allow this field to be edited.

B.

And if you didn't want to read through all that, and click all the links

Wouldn't it be more helpful to point people to where they can find the answers for themselves?

Wouldn't it be more useful for them to read the actual articles from Groundspeak, and the Guidelines, for themselves, rather than read other members' interpretations and opinions?

How else can one learn about things if they don't know where the information is to be found?

B.

And if you didn't want to read through all that, and click all the links

Wouldn't it be more helpful to point people to where they can find the answers for themselves?

Wouldn't it be more useful for them to read the actual articles from Groundspeak, and the Guidelines, for themselves, rather than read other members' interpretations and opinions?

How else can one learn about things if they don't know where the information is to be found?

B.

:P

I figure folks come in here for quick answers (in plain English) because they don't want to read wade through the Knowledge Books and Guidelines.

Certainly I agree that they should be advised to read all that available stuff because it will probably help them in the future.

Thanks for all the answers.

It is indeed good to read the guidelines, but its also not always clear what it says.

Therefore its helpfull to ask it here.

If I archive the mysterie and list a new traditional, isn't it a bit stupid for those who found the mysterie?

They will find the same cache two times.

Only if they choose to do so. You can help them with their choice by mentioning in the listing that this a revised version of an older cache. Like using the same cachename with a "(reloaded)" added to it.

OK, that sounds good. I do think they will log it all a second time, just to have one more found on their list :laughing:

If I archive the mysterie and list a new traditional, isn't it a bit stupid for those who found the mysterie?

No, it's not stupid. I gather from this comment that it's still the same container hidden in the same place, but since you want to change it, it must be because you feel it's somehow different.

On the other hand, if you don't think it's different, then don't change it at all. It wouldn't be the first puzzle cache where the puzzle stated specifically that the cache is at the posted coordinates.