International Geocaching day. No badge?

Hmm, that's going to be a tricky one. The weather is pounding and I'll have a tiring 4,5 hour journey tomorrow (possibly without airco). I'll have to take a very good look through my local home caches to see if I can find something I can do easily after a long trip.

You could always log one of those Pseudo-Virtuals that were being argued about on here the last week or so - oh hang on no you can't they've been archived.

Hells bells...I was stung by nettles and everything :D

Will have to find a close to home one and nip out super quick in the afternoon.

Thank you for the information :D

FWIW I don't think you get the souvenir badge immediately, though can't remember if it's a matter of hours or days before it appears on your profile.

I don't think you get the souvenir badge immediately, though can't remember if it's a matter of hours or days before it appears on your profile.

Mine was on my profile within seconds of my logging this mornings finds B)

Logged several caches today but until now I got no souvenir

I don't think you get the souvenir badge immediately, though can't remember if it's a matter of hours or days before it appears on your profile.

Mine was on my profile within seconds of my logging this mornings finds B)

Logged several caches today but until now I got no souvenir

Sometimes there's a problem if you log by phone application before the special day has started in Seattle - I read another post by someone else who had logged early on the 18th August in their country and they had not received the souvenir. I suggest you wait a couple of days and if the souvenir has not appeared contact Groundspeak about it.

MrsB :)

Hmm, that's going to be a tricky one. The weather is pounding and I'll have a tiring 4,5 hour journey tomorrow (possibly without airco). I'll have to take a very good look through my local home caches to see if I can find something I can do easily after a long trip.

You could always log one of those Pseudo-Virtuals that were being argued about on here the last week or so - oh hang on no you can't they've been archived.

Hells bells...I was stung by nettles and everything :D

Will have to find a close to home one and nip out super quick in the afternoon.

Thank you for the information :D

FWIW I don't think you get the souvenir badge immediately, though can't remember if it's a matter of hours or days before it appears on your profile.

I did, the minute I logged the cache the screen told me I'd earned the souvenir.

When, at about 8pm, I logged the first of yesterday's finds I was told by the usual submission complete screen that I got the souvenir straight away.

BTW - did anyone else notice how slow the web site was yesterday evening as the entire geocaching world was obviously either logging finds or running PQs! A similar thing happened on Feb 29th, I seem to remember!

There was supposed to be a souvenir for logging a cache on August 18 - International Geocaching Day. We found 10 geocaches on that day but didn't get any souvenir. Was it because we logged them 2 days after the fact?

There were quite a few people who didn't get their souvenir for Internatonal Geocaching Day, but Groundspeak are aware of it and hope to put it right soon. See this post from Sandy:

The International Geocaching Day souvenir

MrsB

There was supposed to be a souvenir for logging a cache on August 18 - International Geocaching Day. We found 10 geocaches on that day but didn't get any souvenir. Was it because we logged them 2 days after the fact?

There were quite a few people who didn't get their souvenir for Internatonal Geocaching Day, but Groundspeak are aware of it and hope to put it right soon. See this post from Sandy:

The International Geocaching Day souvenir

MrsB

Thanks for information!