Partner dilema

I've been caching for a couple of years, 300+ finds. This summer my partner/girlfriend has decided she likes to go with me and find the occasional cache. However, she always asks how I signed the log. I always use my handle. She sometimes gets mad if I don't use her name. So, should I change my handle to include her (90% of my finds are on my own), or should she create her own handle to log the finds she makes with me?

To me it's almost like "don't get a tattoo with your girlfriends name" Since you found most of them and she hadn't it, it wouldn't be fair to you. As mention either just include with a friend in the log or have her chose a name for herself just for the logs. Or have her get her own account.

Nothign wrong with having her own handle. I cahce with my girlfriend Red_lobster all the time. You only have to look at my logs to see that. But different handles gives a whole personalisation to it. I know Red Lobster loves logging the caches and telling her side of the story. Though she is a lil grass sometimes like this cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a10aec48-224f-4301-9269-981e486771dc

I have always used my own name to log caches, when my wife & kids came along I would always write their real names in the book and on the log page too, nothing wrong with that. If your GF later decides she wants her own handle she could look at all your logs and retrospectively log all her finds that were logged under your name.

I've been caching for a couple of years, 300+ finds. This summer my partner/girlfriend has decided she likes to go with me and find the occasional cache. However, she always asks how I signed the log. I always use my handle. She sometimes gets mad if I don't use her name. So, should I change my handle to include her (90% of my finds are on my own), or should she create her own handle to log the finds she makes with me?

Well I am in a similar boat my wife generally always geocaches with me and is probably better at finding them then I am...I have probably only found a handful solo...lately she has tagged her name onto the logs which I find cute, because it means she is finally getting interested so eventually I will change my handle on here to reflect that. I am not going to make her create a new profile because I know if it wasn't for me she wouldn't geocache on her own.

HangingKayaker and ______

HangingKayaker and DanglingRockClimber?

Has a nice ring to it.

(Oops, shouldn't say "ring".)

HangingKayaker and FloatingRockClimber

She can and should sign separate from you, weather it be her real name, or she creates an account and uses her geoname.

Clearly the correct thing to do here is cut all ties with your girlfriend. Today she wants her name on all your found geocaches, tomorrow it'll be your paychecks. Run!

Seriously though if it were me I wouldn't change my name for a girlfriend. What happens when you break up? My wife and I cache under the same name but we rarely cache alone and we have cached together since our first find.