Pocket Queries

Davequal

It will be gone tomorrow. And that's not how you run a "my finds" PQ for stats.

So what is the correct way ?

Scroll down the page until you see

My Finds

You can receive a Pocket Query containing a list of all the caches you have found, along with your log entries. Running this query will add it to the current queue for the day.

* The Pocket Query can only run once every 3 days.

Click "Add To Queue"

The MyFinds will be generated shortly.

You can not delete it from the second tab on the PQ's page. It goes after 6 days. It will be replaced after 3 days, if you re-run the MyFinds PQ

The MyFinds PQ is special.

It includes ALL your found caches, with no limit on number of finds, distance, or the cache has since been Archived. You get ALL your finds.

(It is NOT emailed)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

It will be gone tomorrow. And that's not how you run a "my finds" PQ for stats.

So what is the correct way ?

Should work fine...until you have more than 1000 finds or have used up all your regular PQs for the day.

The 'My Finds' PQ is immune to these issues.

not entirely accurate....that PQ will not give any finds on caches that have been archived plus you are bound by the maximum distance that a regular PQ covers

that PQ will not give any finds on caches that have been archived plus you are bound by the maximum distance that a regular PQ covers
Not entirely accurate. You're right except for the maximum distance. Maximum distance can be overcome by using all of the states/provinces, and not a center of origin.

But yes - it should be the My Finds PQ

Not on topic, but to do with PQ (hey a ryme!)

Would an iPhone app cacher ever use a PQ? I can't see how it would help, but GS and others talk so much about the PQ I feel like I must be missing something. Thanks in advance,

GTB.

If you are going to be taking your iPhone to some remote area where it won't be able to connect to the internet, you could load a PQ and still use it to find caches.

At least, I could do that with my Android. I'm told that on some phones, and with certain carriers, (specifically BlackBerry on Verizon) the GPS is locked and won't work unless Internet access is available. I assume that the iPhone doesn't have such foolishness, but I don't have one, so I don't know for sure.

that PQ will not give any finds on caches that have been archived plus you are bound by the maximum distance that a regular PQ covers
Not entirely accurate. You're right except for the maximum distance. Maximum distance can be overcome by using all of the states/provinces, and not a center of origin.

(not entirely accurate! :lol:)

Still won't work in all cases, because you're bound to select either by states/provinces or by countries. Since USA is not a choice for countries and not all countries have states/provinces listed, you likely won't be able to get all the caches you want if they're located in the USA and internationally.

Edited by dfx