To the mamzer who let down my tyre

drsolly

I parked in a layby, got out my bike, and spent the next six hours biking round Peterboroughs cycleways. Great fun, but when I got back, my front left tyre was completely deflated. It wasn't a puncture, because when I pumped it up, it was fine. So the following is for the schlemiel who let down my tyre. And I think I know who it was.

Fortunately for me, you schmendrik, I noticed the flat tyre, and didn't try to drive on it, which would at least have damaged the tyre, and might have led to an accident. So, a geshvir dir in kop, you missed out on that. Also, I have an electric tyre pump, usually used for the bike, which worked fine on the car tyre, so I didn't have to change the wheel, or spend a lot of time pumping with a foot pump. So, nudnik, you didn't get that, either. What, eyn imglik iz far im veynik, you did cost me, was 20 minutes while the tyre pumped up, which I mostly spent eating my lunch.

Er zol vaksen vi a tsibeleh, mit dem kop in drerd. Ale tseyn zoln bay im aroysfaln, not eyner zol im blaybn oyf tsonveytung. A meshugener zol men oyshraybn, un im araynshraybn.

Why the Yiddish?

Because this is a family-friendly web site, and children don't speak yiddish.

Yes, but why do you think the person who did this would speak Yiddish? I got the 'meshugener' bit, but I think you missed off the 'goy'! :P

Which bit of Peterborough were you parked at?

School holidays will be over soon at least.

Wishing Mitzvot (good deeds) come your way and to your various means of transport (legs, bicycles, cars...)

Edited by Fianccetto

20 minutes to pump up a bike tyre ? Do you have Monster Truck wheels on that ?

20 minutes to pump up the car tire. The bike was fine, I'd been riding it for the last six hours.

The car tire was *completely* flat, it was several minutes before the electric pump was showing any pressure at all (the dial only starts to show at 10 psi).

Why the Yiddish?

Because this is a family-friendly web site, and children don't speak yiddish.

Yes, but why do you think the person who did this would speak Yiddish? I got the 'meshugener' bit, but I think you missed off the 'goy'! :P

Which bit of Peterborough were you parked at?

School holidays will be over soon at least.

Wishing Mitzvot (good deeds) come your way and to your various means of transport (legs, bicycles, cars...)

I don't care if he or she doesn't speak yiddish. And anyway, I'm pretty sure they don't read this forum. It's a good language for cursing in, and I don't think curses need to be understood. And I'm guessing this wasn't a child.

I was at N 52 32.946 w 0 19.381, there's a lovely big layby there. Mazel tov to you too.

The car tire was *completely* flat,

Now be honest... it was only flat at the bottom! :laughing:

J

OK ... it was *completely* deflated.

I was following you around yesterday, I was seeing your logs; I see you got at least one that I DNFed on - the one that was 220 feet away from the coords. Well done!

Ahh... yes... Beckingham! I now see the actual co-ords for that one are further back on one of the CO's early logs, they moved the cache and simply posted a note to advise the new co-ords, rather that actually changing the listing... I've posted a Needs Maint to get it fixed.

I work just over the road from there and I'm guessing a seller of all things fried is your prime suspect?

Cheers,

Jon

Ahh... yes... Beckingham! I now see the actual co-ords for that one are further back on one of the CO's early logs, they moved the cache and simply posted a note to advise the new co-ords, rather that actually changing the listing... I've posted a Needs Maint to get it fixed.

I work just over the road from there and I'm guessing a seller of all things fried is your prime suspect?

Cheers,

Jon

I was actually planning to partake of his hospitality, but I got back too late.

I was actually planning to partake of his hospitality, but I got back too late.

Never used him, so can't comment... However, if you're ever back this way, just around the corner at: -

52°32.587'N, 0°18.515'W

is where you'll find Karla's Kitchen, a similiar emporium, and heartily recommended (although I guess not technically good for your heart). Probably the best fried food this side of Betelgeuse! Their Bacon & Sausage baps are as big as your head and will keep you going all day!

Enjoy, I do ;)

Jon

I don't care if he or she doesn't speak yiddish. And anyway, I'm pretty sure they don't read this forum. It's a good language for cursing in, and I don't think curses need to be understood. And I'm guessing this wasn't a child.

I knew that really, and agree it is a wonderfully expressive language from what I've heard of it! :laughing:

I was at N 52 32.946 w 0 19.381, there's a lovely big layby there.

A yes, and lovely meadows not too far away. My sister lives in a village nearby. (She has been baking today, like me, and saw no tyre deflation happening!)

Mazel tov to you too.

Am happy your car was not more seriously damaged. All over now, good.

Edited by Fianccetto

Why the Yiddish?

Because this is a family-friendly web site,

No, it's not - according to the T&Cs. Swear away, there should be no under 18's in here ;):laughing:

There's no swearing involved, but I wouldn't want the kinderlech to have nightmares. A yiddish curse can be pretty nasty.

Edited by drsolly

I've been trying to translate this since yesterday ... and having loads of fun! :laughing:

But each translation gives a different meaning.

my fave for this bit: Er zol vaksen vi a tsibeleh, mit dem kop in drerd.

Is:

‘He should grow like an onion with his head in the ground,

curse!

Sooooooo .....

Help please for translation?

Hahaha, I just got what it means. Very drole, DrSolly. :laughing:

I was parked today, eating my sandwiches, and a taxi driver strolled up to my window, and said "Did you know you've got an apple up your exhaust pipe?"

I'm not too good at hearing, so I often hear something, then I have to work out what was actually said, because it often isn't what I think I heard. So I thought about this for a bit, but I couldn't make it mean anything but the obvious. So I got out, had a look, and he was right!

I'm thinking, the same mamzer who let down my tire, also sabotaged my exhaust pipe. Shteyner af zayne beyner und hots mikh un zayts mikh.

That sounds rather ...well I don't like it. Really terrible of someone to do that. Did you say you knew who did it? :o

Hey, you know....I did hear somewhere that if you send out these curses on the wrong person, they can come back to you. Are you sure it wasn't an onion, rather than an apple?! :unsure::o:blink:

That sounds rather ...well I don't like it. Really terrible of someone to do that. Did you say you knew who did it? :o

Hey, you know....I did hear somewhere that if you send out these curses on the wrong person, they can come back to you. Are you sure it wasn't an onion, rather than an apple?! :unsure::o:blink:

No danger. I'm cursing the person who did the dastardly deed, so it's the right person by definition.