Groundspeak currently sending spam

Tosog

Hi, i was wondering why i haven't received any watchlist-mails for a while (last one was on tuesday) so i started to read my server-logs. I found this message:

Jul 15 23:56:07 szik postfix/smtpd[12535]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from signal.Groundspeak.com[66.150.167.157]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [66.150.167.157] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?66.150.167.157; from=<noreply@geocaching.com> to=<christoph@schnedl.at> proto=ESMTP helo=<signal.Groundspeak.com>

Just 4 information .. i think i will remove SORBS from my dnsbl list, since they are rejecting gmx.net mails too (which is a very large email provider in german speaking countries)

Regards, Tosog

Hi, i was wondering why i haven't received any watchlist-mails for a while (last one was on tuesday) so i started to read my server-logs. I found this message:

Jul 15 23:56:07 szik postfix/smtpd[12535]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from signal.Groundspeak.com[66.150.167.157]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [66.150.167.157] blocked using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Currently Sending Spam See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?66.150.167.157; from=<noreply@geocaching.com> to=<christoph@schnedl.at> proto=ESMTP helo=<signal.Groundspeak.com>

Just 4 information .. i think i will remove SORBS from my dnsbl list, since they are rejecting gmx.net mails too (which is a very large email provider in german speaking countries)

Regards, Tosog

When a company sends out hundreds of emails en mass daily to a millions of users, sometimes they do get recognized as spam. Email your email provider and tell them whats up. Or cjange hosts.

Well, since I was a spam discussion participant, if you were receiving the emails before and aren't now, that would point to either an email service host issue, virus software, or PC email screening. If you don't find it in your junk folder I would start with the host service.

edit a/an

Edited by BlueDeuce

I've had the spam warning with perfectly legitimate emails from friends, but not Groundspeak.

Mmm Spam....when I was a teenage gal in school, one of the lunches we all enjoyed was Spam Fritters. Yup, deep fried spam in batter, served with chips, aka french fries.

hi, thank you for your test mail.

i'm receiving mails now again, since i disabled the SORBS DNSBL from my mailserver configuration file.

to post this issue in the Groundspeak forum was wrong, i should have used the contact@geocaching.com address.

all i wanted to say is:

"hello Groundspeak, i don't know if you are aware of it, but SORBS is blacklisting your mailserver - and your mails to user, which mailserver are using the SORBS DNSBL too, will not get any mails until you delist your mailserver-IP address from the SORBS database."

i know that most of you will not have problems getting mails from Groundspeak, because most of you will not use SORBS, but the few people who depends on them, do still have problems getting mails from Groundspeak.

No need to answer to this thread anymore...

Regards, Tosog

I'm going to take this opportunity to close this topic, since the OP's issue was resolved. Several posters could not resist the urge to stray off topic, even after I posted a reminder not to do that. This thread is a good example for why Groundspeak instituted the Feedback tool to bring issues to their attention.