No place to place a cache?

I've been looking around about where to place a cache (small) but every place around my area is just taken up. I placed one where I thought there was nothing, but it turned out there was the second part of a puzzle cache nearby... Now I have been contacting a reviewer and asking him if specific places are okay, but they are all full of multi caches... What to do?????

I've been looking around about where to place a cache (small) but every place around my area is just taken up. I placed one where I thought there was nothing, but it turned out there was the second part of a puzzle cache nearby... Now I have been contacting a reviewer and asking him if specific places are okay, but they are all full of multi caches... What to do?????

Steal the containers of those existing caches, post NA on them, wait, then place your own.

(kidding, kidding...)

Steal the containers of those existing caches, post NA on them, wait, then place your own.

(kidding, kidding...)

nice idea but I'm not like that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of the best aspects of geocaching is exploring new places. Besides doing it while hunting caches, you need to do it for other purposes and in other ways, like finding new places for caches. Whenever I start to think that it's pretty congested cache-wise around here, I just open up google earth and start looking around - there are tons of potential places.

One of the best aspects of geocaching is exploring new places. Besides doing it while hunting caches, you need to do it for other purposes and in other ways, like finding new places for caches. Whenever I start to think that it's pretty congested cache-wise around here, I just open up google earth and start looking around - there are tons of potential places.

Yeah that's what I'm doing but every time I find a place, it turns out it's occupied by part of a multi.... And I don't want to place micros in the city...

I can only think of bush hides and I guess those can be pretty interesting... :(

Yeah that's what I'm doing but every time I find a place, it turns out it's occupied by part of a multi.... And I don't want to place micros in the city...

I can only think of bush hides and I guess those can be pretty interesting... :(

All the places in the county parks are taken... I'm serious!

You have a few options here assuming that there is in the literal sense, not a .1 mile not taken. I find this hard to believe in every park in your city....

Anyway.

1. You could place it in the mountains to the northeast and southwest of your city, they have plenty of trails without caches. Who knows? If you hide a few, maybe others will like it and hide some of there own... Before you know it, you have mountain trails with as many caches as your urban parks. Those mountains seem offly bare to be honest.

2. Hide it in an urban area, sucks that this has to be done, but if you want to hide one and every .1 mile of all the urban parks are gone, you could always hide it urbanly. Try to find a neat urban structure, or maybe a plaque with some information unknown to most.

3. Hide it in a park in the crime-ridden areas.

If the object of your cache was to bring people to some new and interesting place, well, where's the problem? Another cache hider's already doing that for you, and saving you the effort... :)

If the object of your cache was simply because you wanted to hide a cache, well, it doesn't matter where you put it :(

If the object of your cache was to bring people to some new and interesting place, well, where's the problem? Another cache hider's already doing that for you, and saving you the effort... :)

Not true, I suspect that only locals (within 10 miles) would go to it if there was one cache. The fact that most parks have multiple caches usually pushes people towards where they go... Let's see, one park with a single cache, about 50 miles from that person, or a park less then 3 miles away with 10 caches?

Edited by Coldgears

Not true, I suspect that only locals (within 10 miles) would go to it if there was one cache. The fact that most parks have multiple caches usually pushes people towards where they go... Let's see, one park with a single cache, about 50 miles from that person, or a park less then 3 miles away with 10 caches?

exactly.

The goals of the saturation guidelines are "to encourage you to seek out new places to hide caches rather than putting them in areas where caches already exist, and to limit the number of caches hidden in a particular area, especially by the same hider."

It sounds like the areas you're looking at already have plenty of caches. Try seeking out new places to hide caches, where there aren't so many caches already.

Looks like there's lots of space in the parks near you. I would suggesting doing the multicaches and puzzle caches in the area you want to hide, at least you'll get less surprised that way. Whenever you find a physical stage, mark a waypoint, so you can figure out how far away to put your cache.

What about Hellyer County Park?

Edited by The_Incredibles_

If there is no room to hide one, then go seek some out and learn new ideas for hides that are different from a bush hide. If the areas are saturated, then there really is no need for new hides, until some are archived, but if bush hides is all you know, you need to experience other kinds of caches. There are a million ways to hide a cache.

Stop the saturation.