Geocaches

KaesKids

I want to know what you think is the most evil geocache so that I can try to make it.

A nano in a dense woods where the canopy makes getting a decent signal on your GPSr almost impossible.

With the hint of "tree"

Then fudge the coords a little and hide it under a rock.

I want to know what you think is the most evil geocache so that I can try to make it.
A nano in a dense woods where the canopy makes getting a decent signal on your GPSr almost impossible.
With the hint of "tree"
Or with a hint of "fir" when it's actually near a pine tree...

"The Big Gun" in Canton, North Carolina. Holy canolis.. That was hard. Many of Ozzguff's are hard, & we love a challenge, but that one was brutal. A nano hidden on a huge gun set up in the middle of the sidewalk. (AND if you don't hunt it at night you'll get stung by wasps! Somebody got stung in the forehead.) It took us quite some time to find that one. We hunted at night, & I ended up with a nice sized rash from whatever insect bit me (apparently multiple times) while crawling around that thing feeling in all the dark hidey holes. Which reminds me, I forgot to "favorite" that one. The evil ones are always our favorites ;)

I'm going to go look for the GC code. I'm traveling & on mobile, or I'd post a pic of the gun.(A non-spoiler, of course) We are lucky to have Ozzguff in our area.

Edited by RhinoInAToga

A micro or fake rock in a boulder field. You might not get the best reputation though if you try it.

I made a fake rock and put it on the side of a lightly traveled road and the first person to find (which was the first person to try) loved it.

A micro or fake rock in a boulder field. You might not get the best reputation though if you try it.

I made a fake rock and put it on the side of a lightly traveled road and the first person to find (which was the first person to try) loved it.

Big difference between the side of a road and a boulder field.

A nano stuck on or in a guardrail that others have found but I have tried 5 times with no luck. I even thought it was gone and asked to see if it had been muggled since it wasn't found in some time before I started to look. The CO had someone look an see if it was still there and its stated to be. I looked with another set of eyes and still have come up empty. Now I'm not the best at finding these things but when its rated as a 1 by 1.5 I would think that I would be able to find the thing wouldn't you. Now that one just must blend in that its in plain sight but I just think that can't be it that I'm looking at. I've also had one that was on a military tank that looked like a handle that belonged where it was placed. Took me a half an hour of looking and saying no thats part of the tank not the container.