scrowling letters

I think there are better ways to make an impact on your cache page than scrolling letters. I think you'll find that most people don't like them. You can change some colors or fonts with HTML and make an impact that way. Of course, that's my opinion and the opinions of a lot of other folks I've talked to, and you can do what you want with your own cache page.

Scrolling letters/words on cache pages may be fine but what happens when you print the page? It certainly won't look the same on paper or on many GPSrs that can show cache descriptions. I typically don't view cache pages anywhere but on my Colorado so all the work you did trying to turn your page into Las Vegas is lost.]

I think there are better ways to make an impact on your cache page than scrolling letters. I think you'll find that most people don't like them. You can change some colors or fonts with HTML and make an impact that way. Of course, that's my opinion and the opinions of a lot of other folks I've talked to, and you can do what you want with your own cache page.
+1 on scrolling, but -1 on using colors and fonts, for the same reasons not to use the scroll.

Just in case you really really still want to scroll, the tag you want is <marquee>Text</marquee> and I just tested it, HTML Tidy leaves it alone, so it does work.

Edited by Too Tall John
+1 on scrolling, but -1 on using colors and fonts, for the same reasons not to use the scroll.

Just in case you really really still want to scroll, the tag you want is <marquee>Text</marquee> and I just tested it, HTML Tidy leaves it alone, so it does work.

Colors and fonts are much better if done correctly. I do agree that some people use garish fonts and colors, and it's just as annoying as scrolling, but not if you're careful about what you're doing and tasteful. Feel free to browse some of my cache pages if you want an example.

Please don't. We've come a long way since Geocities in 1995 and we don't need to bring back the supremely annoying HTML tags from the day (marquee and blink).

I actually get pretty annoyed by cache pages that use obnoxious anything. Judicious use of text size, color, and formatting is okay, but I primarily use HTML on my cache pages in order to arrange text and graphic elements. Most of the text on my cache pages is in simple Arial or Times 10-12pt font. A puzzle cache has a little more leeway where you might use the HTML on the cache page as part of the puzzle (and where you will be working to figure it out at home before you go into the field, anyway).

Thanks , i was thinking about useing it as a congratulation post for a FTF.

But i have changed my mind now.

I visited your site and it looks good.

Thanks.

But i did copy the html, i might want to use it some day

Thank's.

Colors and fonts are much better if done correctly. I do agree that some people use garish fonts and colors, and it's just as annoying as scrolling, but not if you're careful about what you're doing and tasteful. Feel free to browse some of my cache pages if you want an example.

Thank's.

Thank's.

Thank's.

Scrolling letters/words on cache pages may be fine but what happens when you print the page? It certainly won't look the same on paper or on many GPSrs that can show cache descriptions. I typically don't view cache pages anywhere but on my Colorado so all the work you did trying to turn your page into Las Vegas is lost.]

Thank's.

Please don't. We've come a long way since Geocities in 1995 and we don't need to bring back the supremely annoying HTML tags from the day (marquee and blink).

I actually get pretty annoyed by cache pages that use obnoxious anything. Judicious use of text size, color, and formatting is okay, but I primarily use HTML on my cache pages in order to arrange text and graphic elements. Most of the text on my cache pages is in simple Arial or Times 10-12pt font. A puzzle cache has a little more leeway where you might use the HTML on the cache page as part of the puzzle (and where you will be working to figure it out at home before you go into the field, anyway).

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, i was thinking about useing it as a congratulation post for a FTF.

Thank's.

Thanks for your reply, i was thinking about useing it as a congratulation post for a FTF.

Thank's.

This link explains how:

Scrolling Text

You may have gathered from previous responses that using it won't make your caches more popular. Personally, I find anything that moves or blinks to be just plain annoying.

Thank's.

This link explains how:

Scrolling Text

You may have gathered from previous responses that using it won't make your caches more popular. Personally, I find anything that moves or blinks to be just plain annoying.

Thank's.

ALL RIGHT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!! WE GET IT! ROFL!! :lol:

Got an example??

HTML tidy should strip that away from any newer caches.

Thank's.

Uh, tub... you really only need to say that once. We get it. :lol:

I feel like a nut. :lol:

Got an example??

HTML tidy should strip that away from any newer caches.

Thank's.

Uh, tub... you really only need to say that once. We get it. :lol:

I feel like a nut. :lol:

So, have you changed your mind, now?

If you want to use it on your cache page, then you should just go ahead and do it.

I don't like it either, but it's YOUR cache page. Do whatever makes YOU happy.

I am soooo tired of landing on websites and blogs where everything moves and blinks and flashes and there's all sorts of videos scrolling. Yes, there's still lots of them out there.

And the ones that have the cursor be something cute...ugh. 1995, indeed. Makes me want to dope-slap somebody.

I tend to lop the overly animated sites off my bookmark list pretty quickly. <_<

And the day after: how to edit your quotes and not do fullquotes over and over again <_<

Does that button actually do something? If so, I can't figure it out.

Does that button actually do something? If so, I can't figure it out.

Multiquote

Multiquote

Multiquote

Add Reply

Hey, it works! And I edited out my own quotes. Koo-UL.