statistical quirk

stites1

I just noticed that I haven't found a cache on any March 7th - 12th. It's more than double the longest of my other consecutive days without a find.

On the other hand I've found 23 caches on 12/29, which is considerably more than the next closest day (16). And for a four day period, Dec 27th to 30th totals nearly triple the number of finds of any other 4 day period. This happens to be the week I visit my in-laws, so it appears that I'm making it a point to get out of the house when I'm there. :lol: .

Edited by briansnat
i've never found a cache on the 4th of any month. I'm torn between running out and getting one this April 4 and scrupulously avoiding caching on that date from here on out.

This is why I never loaded any stats programs :rolleyes:

like you, once I've seen it, there would something strangely attractive about preserving that white row for all time.... of course, to be more impressive, all the other days need to be filled in.

I just noticed that I haven't found a cache on any March 7th - 12th. It's more than double the longest of my other consecutive days without a find.

On the other hand I've found 23 caches on 12/29, which is considerably more than the next closest day (16). And for a four day period, Dec 27th to 30th totals nearly triple the number of finds of any other 4 day period. This happens to be the week I visit my in-laws, so it appears that I'm making it a point to get out of the house when I'm there. :lol: .

Let's just hope your inlaws don't take up caching and read the forums!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I noticed with the new stats that I have found a grand total of 25 (of 1100) caches through 9 year's of Junes. I have only cached on 10 different June days. I for the life of me can't figure out why?? Makes me want to devote a few days of June to Caching.

I'm that way with April. While typically a very pleasant month to cache, I've only managed about 40 out of 1800 finds in April. I've figured the reasons why: morel season begins around here and after a couple of light caching months Dec-Feb, I go nuts in March then take a step back in April and actually spend time with the wife.