HOW DO I DELETE MY POSTS/TOPICS?

Even if they got deleted here, they often can be found in places on the interwebs that archive pages...such as Google's cached pages.

From what I've seen of your posts, there's nothing to be alarmed about. Everything I saw was reasonable and pleasant. smile.gif

Nobody ever reads the TOS. On most forums the TOS will tell you that anything you post in the forums becomes the property of the site. Giving them and there moderators the right to delete things as they see fit. Some forums allow you to go back and delete individual posts. Many have time limits on that feature as we do here. Some even allow you to delete a topic you started as long as no one else has posted in the topic.

Rule number one about the internet. If you don't want to whole world to see or know something then don't post it. As mentioned above "The internet is forever". Or at least till armigedon, the zombie apocalypse or the singularity gets here. Whichever comes first.

Some forums allow you to go back and delete individual posts. Many have time limits on that feature as we do here. Some even allow you to delete a topic you started as long as no one else has posted in the topic.

But not THIS forum...as stated in the Forum Guidelines, which are pretty standard for forums.

I'm a mod/admin on a forum that allows some latitude in editing / deleting posts. It can cause a ridiculous amount of trouble, gives rise to personal attacks, flame wars, etc., when members can post something, then edit it to something else much more innocuous. We can also lock individual posts, should we feel that the poster may engage in "bait & switch" posting tactics.

Like the Guidelines say...think carefully about what you're going to post on the forums, lest you regret it later.

That's just common sense.

Shouldn't I have the right to take down any words that I have said!!? Does anybody know how to delete them!?

Unfortunately, this is also very true in real life. You're still young... no better time to learn that.

I agree, though, with what ecylram said... what I've seen of your posts has only been positive. Not sure why you are regretting anything that you've said here.

Rule number one about the internet. If you don't want to whole world to see or know something then don't post it. As mentioned above "The internet is forever". Or at least till armigedon, the zombie apocalypse or the singularity gets here. Whichever comes first.

I wish I knew that when I first started posting on Usenet years ago. Luckily I didn't say too many things that would ever come back to bite me, but not long ago my brother-in-law was apparently looking at my old Usenet posts and thought he found something that my wife should know about and called her up.

It was a joke I made way back in 1994 that I admit looked bad taken out of its context.

Edited by briansnat

I wish I knew that when I first started posting on Usenet years ago. Luckily I didn't say too many things that would ever come back to bite me, but not long ago my brother-in-law was apparently looking at my old Usenet posts and thought he found something that my wife should know about and called her up.

It was a joke I made way back in 1994 that I admit looked bad taken out of its context.

Interesting. And I once had a kook who googled everything I ever posted to the internet find out some information about me from a 1998 message board post (this was in 2003). Well, there are some forums where the admins will delete your posts, and I have done this once. But I'm sure it's covered in the TOS here, and theres always that pesky Wayback Machine.

7. Spam: Posting the same message, or an unsolicited commercial message, to one or many topics or boards is considered spam. Duplicate messages may be deleted or consolidated by our moderators. Please do your best to post new topics to the appropriate forum board. Moderators can take action when a thread should be moved to a more appropriate section.

HELP! How am I supposed to delete my posts and topics that I don't want on here anymore! Shouldn't I have the right to take down any words that I have said!!? Does anybody know how to delete them!?

You shouldn't have put those videos on xtube either :anicute:

:D

This was asked and I answered in another thread with the same title. Perhaps one of the duplicate threads could be closed by a moderator?

I think the moderators are all in a team huddle, discussing the ET Highway "situation". :lol:

Oh, did you realise your caps lock was on when you posted the titles, btw?

Just the titles, and not the posts' contents...be grateful for small mercies. :rolleyes: