The season of lost geocaches

Al 7365

Autumn appears to be the season of lost geocaches, I know of several caches lost due to leaf fall one of which was archived. Not only does the leaf fall of autumn bring loses it also doubles the diffecult of finding the cache. As this is my first autumn of caching I am new to this.

Is everyone else finding this to?

Not only does the leaf fall of autumn bring loses it also doubles the diffeculty of finding the cache.

:lol:

Less (No!) leaves on the trees = better satellite reception in the woods.

Should make things easier! :rolleyes:

Yes but even if you know where it is, it makes it a lot harder if you have to rake through a foot of roting leafs.

Autumn appears to be the season of lost geocaches, I know of several caches lost due to leaf fall one of which was archived. Not only does the leaf fall of autumn bring loses it also doubles the diffecult of finding the cache. As this is my first autumn of caching I am new to this.

Not sure why a cache would be archived because there are leaves covering it?

Wait until the snow arrives that makes it much more interesting :rolleyes:

Not sure why a cache would be archived because there are leaves covering it?

I would have thought that was obvious. They were the wrong sort of leaves. :rolleyes:

Its That Time snow covering the ground and frozen,,,,,but i want to go cache hunting today,,Should i go out in this?

anyone been out and found any in the snow?

GC21GBK - A Peak at Ben Ime. This was found yesterday. The snow here is pretty bad so it must have been an exciting day up on the mountains, and to find a cache in all that deep snow is pretty impressive!

I've not been out caching at all, would much rather sit inside with a cuppa when it's like this :D

Just heading out now :D

But cant take the car as there is snow on the roof :D or is that another can of worms :laughing:

Will have to walk a really long way to the closest unfound though, luckily it is just up the road :anibad: thankfully otherwise it would be 6 miles to the next closest. :laughing:

Went out but it was too deep and i just could not find it, and it was too cold to attempt the 6 mile'r

But cant take the car as there is snow on the roof :D or is that another can of worms :laughing:

Will have to walk a really long way to the closest unfound though, luckily it is just up the road :blink: thankfully otherwise it would be 6 miles to the next closest. :laughing:

Went out but it was too deep and i just could not find it, and it was too cold to attempt the 6 mile'r

:anibad: sorry to hear i must of unknowingly picked caches out of the snow (off the ground) :drama:

I failed on one today, it was one of those faux rock micros with a foot of snow on the ground I just walked away, as there was no point even looking as there was no clue. Last night in a blizzard I went for another one the clue was hidden by a rock, as the snow was about two foot deep by the road and about five foot by the wall I could not even see the rocks, so went for a nearby nano on a fence post, so always a place for nanos.

I launched my first travel bugs, just before the cold snap started, and so far, in two weeks, the combined mileage is 0. None of them have moved, and it's just not good enough - move my bugs!

I even posted one to someone in scotland, and it hasn't been placed in a cache yet. I suppose that person is going to start whining, and moaning about it being -25C, 1m of snow and permafrost, but I don't care. Get on with it!

To answer the main question. No, I've not found any recently, it's been around freezing here, and I don't like going out when it's chilly.

Seriously though...

I'm gutted about the timing of my bug launches, but they're in fairly busy places, so should move once the weather warms up a bit.

I've got a few local caches and bugs on my watch list and I've only had one or two alerts since it went cold about 10 days ago. Seeing as the first flakes of snow only appeared around here yesterday, I think that most cachers are fair weather only. Certainly for the ones I'm watching which are cache'n'dash or short walks only. I've grabbed a couple of city nano's when I've had time to kill, but I've not gone out searching for anything more rural, I can wait until the weather improves.

Seriously though...

I'm gutted about the timing of my bug launches, but they're in fairly busy places, so should move once the weather warms up a bit.

I've got a few local caches and bugs on my watch list and I've only had one or two alerts since it went cold about 10 days ago. Seeing as the first flakes of snow only appeared around here yesterday, I think that most cachers are fair weather only. Certainly for the ones I'm watching which are cache'n'dash or short walks only. I've grabbed a couple of city nano's when I've had time to kill, but I've not gone out searching for anything more rural, I can wait until the weather improves.

Probably shoould have hung on to them and launched them from here:

GC2H9GT

Seeing as its local to you.. :anitongue:

Just heading out now :anitongue:

But cant take the car as there is snow on the roof ;) or is that another can of worms :D

Will have to walk a really long way to the closest unfound though, luckily it is just up the road :ph34r: thankfully otherwise it would be 6 miles to the next closest. :D

Yippeeeeee Found it ;)

But cant take the car as there is snow on the roof :D or is that another can of worms :ph34r:

Will have to walk a really long way to the closest unfound though, luckily it is just up the road :ph34r: thankfully otherwise it would be 6 miles to the next closest. ;)

Yippeeeeee Found it ;)

Caching in the snow is good fun!! ;) did you take a shovel :anitongue:

Just heading out now :laughing:

But cant take the car as there is snow on the roof :laughing: or is that another can of worms :laughing:

Will have to walk a really long way to the closest unfound though, luckily it is just up the road :laughing: thankfully otherwise it would be 6 miles to the next closest. :laughing:

Yippeeeeee Found it :ph34r:

Caching in the snow is good fun!! ;) did you take a shovel :)

No a pokey stick and the Cache owners sister :laughing: So she could ring him.

I had searched the caches location thoroughly :laughing: but not thoroughly enough so she came in useful for PAF'r