5 new HOPALONG CASSIDY GEOCOINS

zealotcollector

5 new HOPALONG CASSIDY GEOCOINS - HOPALONG CASSIDY / TOPPER / BAR 20 GEOCOINS

(Coins will be shipped in approximatey 2 weeks) - 3-D DESIGNS ON BOTH SIDES - 1-3/4"

3-D Rope Edge - LIMITED EDITION OF 100 PIECES per design

Official Licensed Product - Copyright USTO / 2010/2011 - pictures on request. Coins being presold on eBay

If you want to sell to this crowd, you shouldn't make it so hard.

Give us pictures. Provide a link.

Your post doesn't interest me enough to go search ebay for the coins.

They're cute. But the asking price of $17 is way, WAY too steep, especially for a 1.75" coin, even one that's two-toned and limited to a run of 100. And it's interesting that this is the "discounted" pre-sale price. What are you thinking of asking for this coin when you have them in hand?

By the way, because of the dishonest actions of a couple of vendors who've taken money for pre-sales and not delivered any goods (i.e., they spent the money on other stuff), you're going to find that as a brand-new, totally unknown vendor, that doing pre-sales is going to meet with a lot of resistance. Just so you know.

I'd highly recommend doing some research on the Forums and seeing how other vendors market (and price) their coins before continuing on in this fashion; I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. If you're willing to do a little market research, though, I think you might do pretty well. Good luck!

nice design, but.....

...you've obviously done some homework to know to add tracking at GC.com to them in order to sell them here, but as stated (and for the record, I'm one of the leary ones) I don't think you'll get too many willing to take a risk on someone that has not established themselves in the coin community. All we see is someone with a free account, no cache finds, no trackables and very limited use of the forums, coming in here and offering overpriced coins.... For all we know you could be a sockpuppet for someone that has wronged several of us in the past.

We're a pretty good bunch of folks, but as the old saying goes, screw us once, shame on you, screw us twice, shame on us... Maybe you should take the time to introduce yourself a little better and use the constructive criticism to build a better platform to sell your coins from.

I just checked the eBay listing guidlines and it says that you CAN list items for presale as long as the item will be shipped to the buyer within 30 days (at least that is how I understood it). Their listings indicate that they should have the coins in hand within two weeks.

As for the coin itself, it is a nice design but I wouldn't pay as much as they are asking for them.

I checked out the website that is listed on the coin and it is a nice professional looking website, but they have absolutely no products for sale anywhere on the site. And since they are not a regular minter/vendor of geocoins I personally will not go in for the presale.

I would assume that whomever owns the rights to the hopalong cassidy franchise wants their cut, ergo, the higher price.

The coins are very professionaly designed, and great looking coins. If I was old enough to remember the series or movies (I'm old, but not that old.) I might feel more motivated to pay that much for the coins. Instead I wish you the very best on your coins...I'm sure they'll stir some memories for geocoin collectors and sell quickly!

ILYK

Link to eBay: <indirect link removed by moderator - direct link to trackable items only are allowed>

We have over 10,000 feedback responses on eBay ... seems fairly reputable ... in business for over 30 years. Only new to the "GEOCOIN" market. We are a vendor to Groundspeak under the name Strike Zone, Inc. The coins are licensed and subject to royalties and require our name on the product along with the licensor's name. We have complied in every way with this licensed product. We only offered the coins for possible sale ... no offence to the cachers out there. The limited number was for the aspect of collectibility. If you don't want them, no reason to purchase. Almost 1/2 of the first 2 coins are gone anyway. Thanks for all your comments ... keep them coming, we will try our best to keep offering items that may fit your needs !!! FYI, the coins are now in stock. We produced the BSA coins previously, and a Mardi Gras coin. We sell on eBay rather than our site because most people trust the eBay policies. Our web site currently sells only promotional products which are accessible ... referring to the individual who mentioned we had nothing what-so-ever to sell on the site. Again 1,000's of items are offered there. Custom design and manufacture of products is our primary business.

Edited by Eartha

There is stuff I like about this coin, the detail on the rope edge and in the bagde, but more I don't, the $$$ and the www. on the back and what is up with the "s" on the front in "Hopps"? I guess that is an "s". This is a coin that I think my son would like but the $$ is the too rich for us.

I think that's actually a y. As in hoppy, not hopps.

There is stuff I like about this coin, the detail on the rope edge and in the bagde, but more I don't, the $$$ and the www. on the back and what is up with the "s" on the front in "Hopps"? I guess that is an "s". This is a coin that I think my son would like but the $$ is the too rich for us.

I think that's actually a y. As in hoppy, not hopps.

You are correct ... "HOPPY" - one crazy font !!!

nice design, but.....

...you've obviously done some homework to know to add tracking at GC.com to them in order to sell them here, but as stated (and for the record, I'm one of the leary ones) I don't think you'll get too many willing to take a risk on someone that has not established themselves in the coin community. All we see is someone with a free account, no cache finds, no trackables and very limited use of the forums, coming in here and offering overpriced coins.... For all we know you could be a sockpuppet for someone that has wronged several of us in the past.

We're a pretty good bunch of folks, but as the old saying goes, screw us once, shame on you, screw us twice, shame on us... Maybe you should take the time to introduce yourself a little better and use the constructive criticism to build a better platform to sell your coins from.

I don't believe we have ever been referred to as a sockpuppet before ... and to imply we might have screwed over anyone is a bit premature. Let me know how you want us to present ourselves and we would be happy to do so. See our comments further down ... we will be pleased to do better in the future.

5 new HOPALONG CASSIDY GEOCOINS - HOPALONG CASSIDY / TOPPER / BAR 20 GEOCOINS

(Coins will be shipped in approximatey 2 weeks) - 3-D DESIGNS ON BOTH SIDES - 1-3/4"

3-D Rope Edge - LIMITED EDITION OF 100 PIECES per design

Official Licensed Product - Copyright USTO / 2010/2011 - pictures on request. Coins being presold on eBay

If you want to sell to this crowd, you shouldn't make it so hard.

Give us pictures. Provide a link.

Your post doesn't interest me enough to go search ebay for the coins.

Link: <indirect link removed by moderator - direct link to trackable items only are allowed>

Edited by Eartha

nice design, but.....

I don't believe we have ever been referred to as a sockpuppet before ... and to imply we might have screwed over anyone is a bit premature. Let me know how you want us to present ourselves and we would be happy to do so. See our comments further down ... we will be pleased to do better in the future.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, my intention wasn't to imply you are a sockpuppet or that you had screwed anyone on anything. My intention was more to let you know that you would probably get a warmer welcome if you introduced yourself and let us know your intentions. I was only offering advice to you about introducing yourself a little better if you wanted a better reception. The reference to sockpuppets and screwing folks was to let you know what has happened before and the reasoning behind why introducing yourself would be a good idea...

your first post was all we had to go on and nothing more than a sales pitch and all we see is you are new to geocoins and trying to sell us some overpriced coins, your GC profile tells us you don't cache or collect geocoins... which leaves us to conclude that you are only here to make $ by selling your coins... given the situation, it's only natural for questions to arise... who? what? where?

I must have missed your website link somewhere, because through a little investigation all I found last week was that you sell cuff links on ebay.... from there I stopped further investigation because I wasn't interested.

Please accept my humble appologies, and good luck with your coin sales!

nice design, but.....

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, my intention wasn't to imply you are a sockpuppet or that you had screwed anyone on anything. My intention was more to let you know that you would probably get a warmer welcome if you introduced yourself and let us know your intentions. I was only offering advice to you about introducing yourself a little better if you wanted a better reception. The reference to sockpuppets and screwing folks was to let you know what has happened before and the reasoning behind why introducing yourself would be a good idea...

your first post was all we had to go on and nothing more than a sales pitch and all we see is you are new to geocoins and trying to sell us some overpriced coins, your GC profile tells us you don't cache or collect geocoins... which leaves us to conclude that you are only here to make $ by selling your coins... given the situation, it's only natural for questions to arise... who? what? where?

I must have missed your website link somewhere, because through a little investigation all I found last week was that you sell cuff links on ebay.... from there I stopped further investigation because I wasn't interested.

Please accept my humble appologies, and good luck with your coin sales!

No problem ... thanks for the note. We are not that new at this. We just happen not to post much and did not realize the way it was best done. We have done many custom jobs and do a few of our own for sale. Some are not as expensive as these because of the licensing aspects. We promise to try and do better. Your comments are appreciated !!!

The price on eBay is now greatly reduced. I just bought one of each type available.

I had heard of Hopalong Cassidy but did not know much about the character. It is amazing how everyone in one generation will know something from popular culture and then it is forgotten and unknown by the next generation. The old price turned me off, but at the new price, I needed this bit of Americana. It is who we were in the 1950s. This is one of the things that inspired Woody from Toy Story.

Uh, how much did these presale for?

ILYK

If I remember correctly, it was something like $17.00 or $18.00. That strikes me as far too much, but how much was paid for the license? The coins are now selling for $9.99, which is much more reasonable. What it has going for it is a 3-d design, limited edition, a once very popular character. I was never into the cowboy genre, but I respect it as something that used to be hugely adored by people.

I am a bit curious about the seller. Did this person design the coin? If so, are they passionate about geocoins? Are they passionate about Hopalong Cassidy? Are they trying to make a buck and trying to choose items that may be popular? The choice of Hopalong Cassidy is the most interesting part of all. This character has not been in the limelight since the 1950s. This alone makes me thing that the seller is not American. Are they from somewhere in Asia? Asians seem to be far more interested in cowboys than Americans currently are.

Edited by GregsonVaux

ILYK

If I remember correctly, it was something like $17.00 or $18.00. That strikes me as far too much, but how much was paid for the license? The coins are now selling for $9.99, which is much more reasonable. What it has going for it is a 3-d design, limited edition, a once very popular character. I was never into the cowboy genre, but I respect it as something that used to be hugely adored by people.

I am a bit curious about the seller. Did this person design the coin? If so, are they passionate about geocoins? Are they passionate about Hopalong Cassidy? Are they trying to make a buck and trying to choose items that may be popular? The choice of Hopalong Cassidy is the most interesting part of all. This character has not been in the limelight since the 1950s. This alone makes me thing that the seller is not American. Are they from somewhere in Asia? Asians seem to be far more interested in cowboys than Americans currently are.

The Seller: Strike Zone, Inc is an American company. Owned by a collector of pins, coins, sports memorabilia, and all manner of collectibles. We have the license for Hopalong Cassidy products and have other licenses, and have had many other licenses in our 30 year history. My sons are Boy Scouts and several of my friends were into the GPS sport and asked me if I could make trackable items. We are a vendor with Groundspeak. Most of our products are designed for collectors. I am a contributor to National Price Guides and have written articals for collector publications. I have one of the largestest collections of watch fobs in the country. When I was young I was a "Hoppy Kid". So I have an interest in original Hoppy items. I am a graphic artist and do design our products ... We have done custom GeoCoins for events and make coins we think collectors might like. All in limited quantities. Oh, and yes, we do make a profit ... is there a problem with that? We are a business in a fun industry. Our feeling has been if you don't want what we have to offer ... you can pass it by.

ILYK

The Seller: Strike Zone, Inc is an American company. Owned by a collector of pins, coins, sports memorabilia, and all manner of collectibles. We have the license for Hopalong Cassidy products and have other licenses, and have had many other licenses in our 30 year history. My sons are Boy Scouts and several of my friends were into the GPS sport and asked me if I could make trackable items. We are a vendor with Groundspeak. Most of our products are designed for collectors. I am a contributor to National Price Guides and have written articals for collector publications. I have one of the largestest collections of watch fobs in the country. When I was young I was a "Hoppy Kid". So I have an interest in original Hoppy items. I am a graphic artist and do design our products ... We have done custom GeoCoins for events and make coins we think collectors might like. All in limited quantities. Oh, and yes, we do make a profit ... is there a problem with that? We are a business in a fun industry. Our feeling has been if you don't want what we have to offer ... you can pass it by.

Hi,

I'm glad that you were a "Hoppy Kid" I try to stick to coins that I consider to be art. I won't try to define art here, but I much prefer if the designer has feelings for their product. I believe that it greatly affects the quality if the person is interested in and likes what they are doing. I bought these coins because I thought that I spotted that.

About the prices, I see nothing wrong in making a profit. I am a true believer in capitalism and think that when properly regulated, it is one of the best paths to a happy and fair world. Sure it has its problems, but the alternatives are so much worse. On the other hand, most of us here have an idea of what it costs to make coins so we will comment when we think that there is excessive profit. As a true believer in capitalism, I say all the power to you if you can get people to pay $100 for a coin. However, that does not mean that I will want to pay that much.

Any product that is not a commodity gets it price based on a certain amount of emotion and branding. The fact that Hoppy was a 1950s icon means that emotion and branding dominate here. What we have discovered is that this brand, was not worth $17. In my case, it was worth $9.99.