A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Cache Game

I know this sounds stupid, but I feel a strange sense of accomplishment just because I just read all 5 pages. Once when I was young(er) I made the mistake of telling a coleague of mine "I never read fiction, life is too short."

My friend tried to explain to me the benefits of lighthearted reading (I was into biographies and history and stuff) and described a delightful book called, you guessed it, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

There was one quote she told me about from the original book; "I was just walking along, minding my own business, when I was struck in the back of the head by a cocktail party." (probably not a precise quote, twice removed and remembered over 20-plus years).

It was several years later when I purchased a large leatherbound volume containing the original 4 (ir was it 5) books of the Hitchhiker trilogy and I was hooked on good whimsical fiction from that moment forward.

Having discovered geocaching a little less than a year ago, and having discovered this HGTTG link tonight, I will soon be sending some sort of Doug Adam-inspired whimsy into the cacheverse myself.

You ain't seen the last of me here.

- Kayakman9760

Snoogans,

Hi. I'd love to make a wormhole for Veet Voojagig's Ballpoint Planet - let

me know your instructions ....

Hey,

Yours would be Veet Voojagig's Ballpoint Planet: Wormhole #2 and then your (state). Wormhole #1 is in California and maintained by my sister, MtnFrog, when I'm not there. You can use as much, or little, of the text as you want. Huntnlady did a version called The 9 to 5 Pen Exchange, where you had to solve a puzzle. She just archived it today.

It would be cool to have at least one in all 50 states and some other countries.

So all it takes is to hide a cache that connects to your wormhole?

Snoogans,

Hi. I'd love to make a wormhole for Veet Voojagig's Ballpoint Planet - let

me know your instructions ....

Hey,

Yours would be Veet Voojagig's Ballpoint Planet: Wormhole #2 and then your (state). Wormhole #1 is in California and maintained by my sister, MtnFrog, when I'm not there. You can use as much, or little, of the text as you want. Huntnlady did a version called The 9 to 5 Pen Exchange, where you had to solve a puzzle. She just archived it today.

It would be cool to have at least one in all 50 states and some other countries.

So all it takes is to hide a cache that connects to your wormhole?

Yep, yours would be: V.V.B.P. Wormhole #4, or whichever # comes next, when you decide to do it. If you do a key word search in the "Find a cache" section, you can look at the original and the other 3 wormholes. Feel free to use as much, or little, of my text as you want.

Sn <_<:P gans

Edited by Snoogans
:P I just released the Bug Blatter Beast of trall TB and will be releasing a couple of other Hichiker TB's at the picnic in Delaware next Sunday. I have as part of the BUG TB's mission to visit some of the more frequent posters to this thread. you can go here to see him BUG BUG. I see he is in a cache less than a mile from my house maybe I'll grab him and bring him to the picnic too!
:ph34r: I just released the Bug Blatter Beast of trall TB and will be releasing a couple of other Hichiker TB's at the picnic in Delaware next Sunday. I have as part of the BUG TB's mission to visit some of the more frequent posters to this thread.

One goal reached! Now, where to?

Snoogans, if I drop this bug off in San Diego, do you have some friends in the area that can maybe help it along towards you?

I can't believe this thread has made five pages and no-ones brought up a concept cache or TB for Eccentrica Galumbits (*chuckles*)

That's because we were waiting for YOU to come and join the thread!

:D:o;)

Welcome.

Edited by MissJenn

One goal reached! Now, where to?

Snoogans, if I drop this bug off in San Diego, do you have some friends in the area that can maybe help it along towards you?

I'll be on the West coast in July. All it needs to do is get closer to. Mammoth, Yosemite, Monterey, or S.F. I'll get it if I can.

Sn :ph34r::o gans

Wahoo!!

Thanks to freespace69 and alancurry, my towel has made it all the way to Texas and all the (or is it many of the?) H2G2 caches out there.

You Texan H2G2 fans might want to see if you can spend some time with the intergalactic towel before it gets whisked away ... and if you do, please do upload a photo of YOUR OWN towel. :laughing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/newseries.shtml

BBC Radio 4 presents an Above the Title Production of

THE HITCHHIKER’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY

by DOUGLAS ADAMS

Twenty-five years after the original radio series of Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy exploded into the public consciousness, the further exploits of its bewildered hero, Arthur Dent, are being brought to life in their original medium and with the (mainly) original cast.

The last three books of the ‘trilogy in five parts’, Life, The Universe And Everything; So Long And Thanks For All The Fish and Mostly Harmless, have been dramatised as two new series (none of them were previously produced for radio).

As the original two series were dubbed the Primary and Secondary Phases by Douglas Adams, these new series form the Tertiary, Quadrenary and Quintessential Phases.

Thanks to the wonders of digital technology, Douglas Adams himself can be heard playing the part of Agrajag.

Just a little story to share, on the day that Douglas Adams passed away, I was out caching. Had to swim to a mosquito ridden island in a park that was rumored to be haunted by a witch. When I emerged from the sludge pond, and opened the cache, I was rewarded with a battered copy of "so long and thanks for all the fish." So delighted was I, that I attempted to tread water on the way back, but only managed to just keep the book dry. I was caught without my towel as well. For shame.

Later that day, I heard of his demise on NPR. How ironic that I should find a DA book on the day of his death, also, it was the only one I did not have a copy of. I had thought of making it a TB as well, so that others may read it.