Is there a bookmarks list for drive-bys series

Gralorn

I believe that there is one right across the country somewhere Coast to Coast and another Channel to Channel, which goes from the Bristol Channel at Weston Super Mare to the English Channel at West Bay, Dorset. Are there any other specific drive-by series. No not just there are lots between Lands End and John O'Groats!, proper series as the two mentioned. :):)

When you and I started 'caching in 2005, Drive-Bys were still very rare - you had to work for numbers, and Dave PP used to have a list as they were so few.

I think these days, every town has loads - in some case hundreds so I wouldn't expect it.

There are apparently 349 caches currently with the word "drive" in them.

Ones that come to mind for me are the "Drive in the Country" series near Loch Ness in Scotland. Also, Mr Birdies "Saint's Way" series could be "driven by" in a fashion but sadly no longer exists in full.

I know that some of Mongoose39's "Oldham Way" series could be driven by.

If you're ever around Milton Keynes, I reckon you could do at least 100 in a day.

I agree with that person above, getting in and out can certainly get pretty tiring after awhile, plus trying to park, avoiding speeding traffic and then of course locating the ********* cache as well. Sometimes a nice walk is far better. Now where is Milton Keynes and those concrete cows ???? :laughing::rolleyes:;):)

So Mollyjack how about a nice Drive-By circle series of about 50+ taking in some lovely views of the valleys and coast for the mega in Wales then? Entice people to see the lovely places in South Wales such as the Gower and all around, start at the Caldicot bridge (Blorenge County)where they pays their money to be able to visit foreign parts and finish at Beachley on the M48 bridge where they gets to go home free! :laughing::)

So Mollyjack how about a nice Drive-By circle series of about 50+ taking in some lovely views of the valleys and coast for the mega in Wales then? Entice people to see the lovely places in South Wales such as the Gower and all around, start at the Caldicot bridge (Blorenge County)where they pays their money to be able to visit foreign parts and finish at Beachley on the M48 bridge where they gets to go home free! :laughing::)

We are planning on a drive by series but our area rather than the Gower - valleys and coast :lol: mountains and sea.

Just remember that you always have to pay to go into the best attractions, Alton Towers, Thorpe park, etc - I'll say no more for entering Wales :lol::lol:

I'd be interested in this - providing they really were drive bys (see the "nano" thread). Searching for 20 minutes on hands and knees isn't really a drive by.

And yes, I'm sure I mentioned the "Drive in the Country" series in my earlier post.

In all honesty, drive-by series for me should be possible with a TomTom only (other brands of Navigational aid are available). I see them as being full-size caches, full of lovely tat and toys and all being as near to 1/1 as possible.

I'd put a series out myself, but the cache police round my way would complain that they "weren't in keeping with mindless urban nanos"

Recently did South Wales (yes paid for the attraction!) and went all the way to Pembroke and back starting off in Blorenge County! Some lovely places to see and visit, we really enjoyed it. The Transporter Bridge was a bonus as did not know of its existence. A good drive by as Stu says 1/1 status with Tom, that's Tom Tom not Tom the singer! would be excellent and feel sure an appreciated extra for those attending the Mega to enjoy. Even if its on their way there or back. Do not be too 'ARAF' in thinking about it! :unsure::D:(:o

We thoroughly enjoyed a number of the 'Drive in the country' series when in Perth for the Mega

We did several 'Drive in the country' caches when in Scotland after Perth as well - great for filling up a damp afternoon without having to get the small person out the car - he loves car caching especially if he still gets to rummage in the box.

Although we can't complain too much, he did walk (at least!) 7.5 miles one day while we were there caching.

I wasn't aware of any other specific drive by series but I'll bear them in mind if I'm ever in the area, thanks.

Was very good to see Mollyjack over in England at the weekend attending the Wiltshire Event#4, her mission was I feel sure not so much to just drum up publicity for the Welsh Mega as much as it was to do a reconnaissance of possible places to put all those drivable caches for the Grand Wales Drive -By series from their home in Wales to England !! Sneeky or What? :anibad::laughing::)

Edited by Gralorn

Also, Mr Birdies "Saint's Way" series could be "driven by" in a fashion but sadly no longer exists in full.

Oddly I archived the series as they were being done as drive bys - when my intention had been to place them for people walking The Saints Way! as far as I know the one in Fowey, by the Church is the only one that still exists (Having been adopted some time back)