My day of Geocaching!

Delons

Well, as many of you today I spent my day Geocaching! I went to look for 7 caches.

1. GC2CJ8X - Found

This was the first one of the day. Funny story. While we were looking under and around maple "trees" one of us found a tupperware container hidden in some leaves. It wasn't yours! It was a Valentines Day container from Patrick to Amy and a small note pad was included. He wrote his love for her (2003) and she did the same after she found it. Others proceeded to write in it as well. Apparently they got married at a church nearby. Then we forund the regualr cache! 1/1

2. GC21Q4R - Found

This one was intresting, found it though. Took some old maid cards and left a bouncy ball! 2/2

3. GC11271 - Didn't find - Muggled

This one hasn't been found since September 6th, we think it's been muggles...

2/3 kinda...

4. G21Q4A - Found

This was our second try, but we found it! 3/4

5. GC1Z360 - Found

Pretty easy! 4/5

6. GC21Q42 - Closed

The parking lot was closed, so we couldn't look.

7. GC1K3V4 - Didn't Find

Hasn't been found for 13, days, but I think it was just us.

4/6

So, we found 4/6 without a GPS, I don't think we did bad.

Well done!

I'm not so sure, though that GC11271 - Didn't find - Muggled has really been muggled. What you're looking for there may be very very small. Only one DNF before yours.

So, when are you getting your GPS?

Well, I think it was... But... I don't think I will get a GPS... Might borrow one from a friend, but not buy one...

Well, as many of you today I spent my day Geocaching! I went to look for 7 caches.

7. GC1K3V4 - Didn't Find

Hasn't been found for 13, days, but I think it was just us.

4/6

13 days isnt very long in the life of a geocache, it was probably still there.

Looking at the satellite view, I think it might be near a lamp post. You do know what to do with those, right?

Congratulations on your great day, Delons!

You found over 1/2! We still have DNF's and some we have visited a few times before we found it, so don't give up.

You had a great idea, borrow your friend's GPS one day and see what a difference it makes! Especially in the woods or for puzzles and multis.

Continue to enjoy your Geocaching Adventures!

Well done!

I'm not so sure, though that GC11271 - Didn't find - Muggled has really been muggled. What you're looking for there may be very very small. Only one DNF before yours.

So, when are you getting your GPS?

Well, I think it was... But... I don't think I will get a GPS... Might borrow one from a friend, but not buy one...

Why don't you want to get a GPS? :huh:

You have already hidden two caches, and remember... the guidelines state that you are supposed to visit the site WITH A GPS to obtain the coordinates. If you plan to continue to hide caches, you really need to get one (or at least borrow that one from your friend when you hide one).

One of mine was JUST found, guy said coords were PERFECT!

Dude, really, that doesn't make it okay. If you choose to keep using google maps to hide caches, you WILL end up with bad coords, and it WILL be sooner rather than later. It doesn't work. If you're not going to do it to follow the guidelines, please take other people into consideration. The vast majority of us use GPS units. If we rely on your coords that are bad, we'll be searching in the wrong place.

my favorite spot for demonstrating the inaccuracy of aerial images is still http://coord.info/GC17MTQ

none of the google maps advocates could explain how their oh so perfect maps make a perfectly straight bridge suddenly appear all crooked.

Here's another example (GC240DZ). If you look at the satellite view on the maps page for the cache you find a very large area that is completely obscured by cloud cover.

Are sat maps dead on actuate no you can find all kinds of errors.

But they can still be use to find caches. Are you limited to the kind of caches you can find yes.

So long as the person is having fun who cares how there finding them.

We don't care how he's finding them. We do care how he is PLACING them.

Please confine all discussion of a single day's geocaching to a single thread. It is easier for conversation to flow that way. This is your third thread about yesterday's trip; I merged the first two together. I am closing this one. Do not open a new thread on the same subject.