Uservoice

imwithstupider

problems i noticed:

-threads with a recent reply don't move up the top, doesn't even say when the last reply was

-can't find topics i replied to and i want to keep an eye on unless i scroll though everything

-the 10 votes limitation is ridiculous at best, i don't want to take one back to be able to vote on a different topic, besides where are the threads i voted on and how do i find the ones i replied on?

-lack of EDIT ability, that in itself will create unnecessary number of replies in a row from the same prson if they forgot to say something in the original comment

Have you clicked on your user name at the top of the right hand column?

i don't see my name in any column, its only above it as "Signed in as t4e" and when i click on it in Activity there's nothing, in Settings there's "Deliveries" options and woow i have a Karma of 12

I see a list of the topics I've voted for on this page. Have you voted for any topics?

problems i noticed:

-threads with a recent reply don't move up the top, doesn't even say when the last reply was

-can't find topics i replied to and i want to keep an eye on unless i scroll though everything

-the 10 votes limitation is ridiculous at best, i don't want to take one back to be able to vote on a different topic, besides where are the threads i voted on and how do i find the ones i replied on?

-lack of EDIT ability, that in itself will create unnecessary number of replies in a row from the same prson if they forgot to say something in the original comment

Have you clicked on your user name at the top of the right hand column?

i don't see my name in any column, its only above it as "Signed in as t4e" and when i click on it in Activity there's nothing, in Settings there's "Deliveries" options and woow i have a Karma of 12

That is where I meant. When I click on that I see a list of topics I have posted to or voted for. And I have no idea how the karma thing works. My number is 80 so it is obvious I am a better person than you. :huh:

I see a list of the topics I've voted for on this page. Have you voted for any topics?

heck no, i have 10 votes only i'm saving them for important ideas, or maybe i'll put them up for sale :P

That is where I meant. When I click on that I see a list of topics I have posted to or voted for. And I have no idea how the karma thing works. My number is 80 so it is obvious I am a better person than you. :D

yeah, better spammer than me :huh: , maybe it just has to do with the fact that i don't wear socks :)

The limited votes is the only part I really don't like. Other than that, it's much better than the GetSatisfaction site in my opinion.

Spoken like a pair of web designers and programmers. How goes things in " The State Of Jefferson " ?

Heh :huh: Things are awesome as always! Planning a caching hike through Camp Adair today.

Edit: Scratch that, we're going to Dorris Ranch Living History Farm in Springfield instead...

Edited by nymphnsatyr

heck no, i have 10 votes only i'm saving them for important ideas, or maybe i'll put them up for sale :P

That is where I meant. When I click on that I see a list of topics I have posted to or voted for. And I have no idea how the karma thing works. My number is 80 so it is obvious I am a better person than you. :laughing:

yeah, better spammer than me :huh: , maybe it just has to do with the fact that i don't wear socks :)

:D Hey lady, Don't blame me! The numbers don't lie. :laughing:

heck no, i have 10 votes only i'm saving them for important ideas, or maybe i'll put them up for sale :huh:

There's no reason to save your votes. You can "unvote" for any idea anytime you want to if a better one comes along. Once you've voted for something, that idea appears in a list on the right, so you can easily find it again.

edited to add: It just occured to me that, once an idea is marked as "planned" by Jeremy, anybody who voted for the idea can just remove their vote and use it for something else, if they wish. No reason to leave votes lingering on "planned" and just waiting for "implemented" or whatever.

Edited by BuckeyeClan

Votes on planned items don't count against you.

Hmmm.... I've used all 10 of my votes. I voted once for the Nano topic, which just recently got marked as "planned". I haven't gotten that vote back automatically (yet). The Uservoice info says it'll be returned when "completed or deleted", so maybe "planned" isn't good enough to restore votes. But I can always just take that vote back manually when I want.

no i haven't, my point is that there is no way for me to track down through my profile the topics i replied on, same as you can see your posts in the forums if you look at your profile, and same as Get Satisfaction had

and "need help" with an envelope beside it implies email, but it links to the knowledge books :huh:

Edited by t4e

Hmmm.... I've used all 10 of my votes. I voted once for the Nano topic, which just recently got marked as "planned". I haven't gotten that vote back automatically (yet). The Uservoice info says it'll be returned when "completed or deleted", so maybe "planned" isn't good enough to restore votes. But I can always just take that vote back manually when I want.

Yep, just take back some votes from other topics. If the topic has a lot of votes, it's also a good one to withdraw from :huh:

no i haven't, my point is that there is no way for me to track down through my profile the topics i replied on, same as you can see your posts in the forums if you look at your profile, and same as Get Satisfaction had

Not sure why you don't see this. When I click on my user name where it says "signed in as GOF & Bacall" it shows a list of the topics I voted for and below that topics I've replied to.

Weird. Have the topics you participated in been deleted?

no, i remembered pieces of some titles and managed to find them through a search, but i'm running low on memory :huh:

But how is your computer doing? :P

has suddenly gone from being a happy camper thpenguin12.gif to threatening my life avatar_1570.jpg

:)

I see what it is now. You get 10 votes per forum. I have voted once in the Android forum and twice in the GC.com Web Site forum. That is why I thought one did not count against me.

Not sure why you don't see this. When I click on my user name where it says "signed in as GOF & Bacall" it shows a list of the topics I voted for and below that topics I've replied to.

its weird but this is all i see :laughing:

<pic snipped>

You are not getting the hint, are you. :yikes:

Just kidding. :sad:

I get my votes and then just a couple of recent ones I have replied to. You might want to go to the setting tab and check the box to get comment updates.

I see what it is now. You get 10 votes per forum. I have voted once in the Android forum and twice in the GC.com Web Site forum. That is why I thought one did not count against me.

Good to know!

its weird but this is all i see :laughing:

<pic snipped>

You are not getting the hint, are you. :yikes:

Just kidding. :sad:

I get my votes and then just a couple of recent ones I have replied to. You might want to go to the setting tab and check the box to get comment updates.

both boxes are checked, but those imply receiving emails afaic

i logged out and back in still nothing

please investigate this for me, its a really useless service if i can't track the subjects i made comments on

maybe you're not kidding after all

In all seriousness, I would post a topic there regarding that. Post it in the "Report a Problem" section since that is what it is. Keep in mind that the whole point of that site is for Groundspeak to focus their attention there. They are not reading these topics for the most part. If there is a problem like that with UserVoice, it needs to be rooted out early on in case that ends up not being the ultimate solution.

How long does it take to get a vote back into your inventory?

I posted a topic that is now "planned" but my vote hasn't returned.

Does Groundspeak still see a topic, even if it doesn't have any votes?

To post a new topic, one is required to use a vote, but once the topic is posted, that vote can immediately be removed, but the topic will have no priorities.

One thing I wish was that topics had dates and times so you can tell when they were posted.

If a topic is in the "new" tab, is that based on your last log in?

You missed this follow up...

In all seriousness, I would post a topic there regarding that. Post it in the "Report a Problem" section since that is what it is. Keep in mind that the whole point of that site is for Groundspeak to focus their attention there. They are not reading these topics for the most part. If there is a problem like that with UserVoice, it needs to be rooted out early on in case that ends up not being the ultimate solution.

well i tried BuckeyeClan"s suggestion to vote for something and what do you know, all my comments just popped up in my activity tab

weird concept though, so if you don;t vote you don't really count ;)

thanks anyway to all that offered some advice, my frustration level has been reduced by 1% now :D

If a topic is in the "new" tab, is that based on your last log in?

I think the "hot", "top", and "new" tabs all contain ALL of the topics, just arranged differently. "Hot" appears to be arranged in order of recent activity, most recent at the top. "Top" is arranged by the number of votes, most-voted-for at the top. And "new" appears to be in order of when the idea was submitted, with the newest at the top.

well i tried BuckeyeClan"s suggestion to vote for something and what do you know, all my comments just popped up in my activity tab

thanks anyway to all that offered some advice, my frustration level has been reduced by 1% now :huh:

Glad it worked! Now if I can just convince the rest of world to listen to me, things will run a lot smoother.

:D (just kidding!) :ph34r:

thanks anyway to all that offered some advice, my frustration level has been reduced by 1% now :huh:

Glad it worked! Now if I can just convince the rest of world to listen to me, things will run a lot smoother.

:D (just kidding!) :ph34r:

I'm sorry. Did you say something?

I thought that the maximum number of votes that you could give an idea was 3.

Given that, anybody see anything weird about this screen shot of the votes for that API idea:

4b14f.gif

mcgrun has posted 4 times to that idea and given it three votes. I know what it looks like but the total number of votes they cast for the idea is three, not twelve. Each post shows the total number of votes for the idea, not just the votes cast with that post.

So I hate to sound like a noob, but since I am whats the deal? Are these forums going to change into the above format? Or are they going to be a separate forum from these.

I certainly hope not. That format is not conducive to conversation. They are supposed to be updating this forum software. I do not know what the time table is though. I'd say the sooner the better.

So I hate to sound like a noob, but since I am whats the deal? Are these forums going to change into the above format? Or are they going to be a separate forum from these.

I certainly hope not. That format is not conducive to conversation. They are supposed to be updating this forum software. I do not know what the time table is though. I'd say the sooner the better.

From what I see GOF is most likely right on. It is only those particular forum discussion areas. They have said they are working on this forum software. They would not do that if they are going scrap it.

The software associated with UserVoice (UV) allows Groundspeak to track progress with issues in the topics easier. Groundspeak employees follow that site much closer. They do not follow these forums as closely and let volunteers like me do that general duty, which for the most part is just sitting back and observing and letting folks have more free-form discussions.

These forums are for discussion of issues that may or may not need action by Groundspeak. If action is needed by Groundspeak after discussion here, then it needs to be posted on the UV site.

UV is a nuts-and-bolts site to work out an issue that needs direct Groundspeak involvement.