How often to you find people with your caches?

I have quite a popular cache which I've placed near where I work "York Science Park", it gets found once a day on average.

Recently I've had cause to walk past the cache site a couple of times a day and kept looking to see if anyone was around looking for my cache.

But last night coming back from work, two people had it open on the fence and were in the process of signing the log book :). I decided to introduce myself as the cache owner and had a quick chat with the couple but didn't have time to stay to long so didn't catch who they were.

As a cache owner have you came across people finding your own caches? And if so do you make yourself known?

I have quite a popular cache which I've placed near where I work "York Science Park", it gets found once a day on average.

Recently I've had cause to walk past the cache site a couple of times a day and kept looking to see if anyone was around looking for my cache.

But last night coming back from work, two people had it open on the fence and were in the process of signing the log book B). I decided to introduce myself as the cache owner and had a quick chat with the couple but didn't have time to stay to long so didn't catch who they were.

As a cache owner have you came across people finding your own caches? And if so do you make yourself known?

I don't own caches myself but on two occasions I've met the cache owner while at the cache.

One was in the woods where I was off the main path. I'd signed the log and was about to return it when I heard people approaching. I figured the best "explanation" for where I was, was to make out like I'd stopped to rummage in my backpack and I was just about to put the cache into my backpack until the people had passed when a voice said "Don't put that away".... it was the cache owner come to check on the cache.

Another time I was chatting to a person who turned out to be the cache owner right by where his cache was hidden, and managed to grab it from practically under his nose without him realising what I'd done. That felt good :)

A couple of times,

one time the finder had asked for a clue by email, so I decided to wait for them to return to the cache.

The 2nd (and 3rd) time was the ftf on a multi, they got a bit lost as the print out they had had a mistake on. I helped them find another of mine they had DNF'd before.

4th time, I was doing a maintainance visit to a couple of caches and met a cacher on the way- I never revealed it was my cache until after they found it.

But last night coming back from work, two people had it open on the fence and were in the process of signing the log book :). I decided to introduce myself as the cache owner and had a quick chat with the couple but didn't have time to stay to long so didn't catch who they were.

Presumably when they log it, you'll see who it was...

I've met a few at caches, which is fun. I don't mind being muggled by cachers or vice versa, but I hope it doesn't annoy them as I know some folk prefer to do all the hunting themselves.

B)

We placed our first cache, which is quite difficult, about 0.3 of a mile from our front door so we keep an eye out for visitors and can watch their progress with bino's from upstairs if we see them arrive. Not long after it was set a young family tried for it but didn't find it, they came back looking quite dejected so we gave them an extra clue and they set off back to the cache and returned with great big smiles! Priceless....

More than once L has also jumped on her bike and ridden over to give an additional hint if required.

We sometime meet Wrighty at his caches as he checks them regularly, and have been accompanied by him and Mrs Wrighty when doing one of his trails - always a pleasure!