Library Caches

Goooooddddd Morning Geocaching Fans

A while back I seem to remember seeing a thread which talked about some caches placed in Libraries in the UK.

I have done a search but not come back with anything.

Does anybody know of any UK Libary based caches?

Thanks

Chris

The only one I know of is OK0069, but that's an OpenCache in Plymouth.

Rgds, Andy

Goooooddddd Morning Geocaching Fans

A while back I seem to remember seeing a thread which talked about some caches placed in Libraries in the UK.

I have done a search but not come back with anything.

Does anybody know of any UK Libary based caches?

Thanks

Chris

Yes, there's at least one in the Essex. However as it is the ultimate location of a round town puzzle cache, I'll refrain from mentioning which one on a public forum.

I do know from the owners that it's a copy of a cache in Hertfordshire, hence the similar choice of cache name.

PM for more info.

I've done three. Two are puzzle caches in Devon which I can't mention (part of the puzzle is working out the location of the library), and the other was in Somerset, a night cache where you had to go to the library first to get some info from a local reference book.

I've done one in Plymouth. It's a multi where the film pot contains the co-ords for a library, and the name of the book you have to ask for. It's no good just working out the library and not bothering with the micro, as you have to ask for a specific title. The book is then handed over, and it is the geocache which is shaped like a book, and has room for trackables.

I've done three. Two are puzzle caches in Devon which I can't mention (part of the puzzle is working out the location of the library), and the other was in Somerset, a night cache where you had to go to the library first to get some info from a local reference book.

I know of one in South Staffordshire where you need to get details from a book in the local library first, there are a few in museums around Stoke On Trent but this is obviously off topic :unsure:

Edit to add some of the museum ones have actually been set by the museums themselves.

Edited by gushoneybun

I've done 2 in Essex. The first was "WOW THIS IS AMAZING" And I totally didn't expect it to be there. The second was "Oh, OK I know where this is going to be" (Still cool though) Both are meant to be a surprise after going around the town to get clues, so like McWomble I won't mention them here as I don't want to spoil it (I think one of the ones I have done is one of the ones they are referring to as well)

PM me if you'd like to know which ones and I'll be happy to give you the GC's.