GC2B034 Necropolis at Brittania Manor III

I spent so many hours on Ultima IV, before entering the Abyss. I approached the gate at about 4:00 AM and found I didn't have some essential bit exactly the way it wanted it. I haven't played it since.

I'm worried about having such a similar experience at Brittania Manor III. Someone please reassure me that everything works correctly and this can be solved without Lord Brittish getting out of his car and giving me a nudge. (I've still got a few bruises from all the nudging on a multi over the weekend.) :laughing:

So you're looking for a quest-breaking-bug-free cache that's been fully patched and tested, eh? Not one of those rush to release by the holiday jobs?

Exactly!

Now, who's up for designing a NetHack multi?

Ooh, Nethack. Man did I waste a lot of time playing nethack. About 25 years ago I ported nethack to a proprietary operating system. I seem to recall reading about a puzzle cache based on a text based adventure game a few years ago. I can't remember what the game was but you had to play through a modified version of the game to reveal the final coordinates.

Oh my gosh, there's a coupon on the cache page now! Wish it had been there when I did the cache! You end up at this location before you get to the final.......sure would have enjoyed camping out here to wait for darkness. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back!

Oh my gosh, there's a coupon on the cache page now! Wish it had been there when I did the cache! You end up at this location before you get to the final.......sure would have enjoyed camping out here to wait for darkness. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be back!

I'll be there on Friday the 13th! I can't wait to do the cache and I DO plan to use the coupon.

Since no events have popped up as far as we can tell, we've been considering doing it for Wolf Song's 3rd Birthday. It's on the 13th. If anyone is interested in meeting up let us know.

Why don't you schedule an event in Austin that weekend and you will have TONS of people show up!

I've never done one before and I don't know the area at all. Also I think you need 2 weeks notice for an event and we only decided that we might do this when we figured out we couldn't have the party we wanted to have that weekend. We had to move it to the next because his cousin was born on his birthday and 1st birthdays get first choice of party day. (My opinion not a rule as far as I know) But if anything keeps us from going that day I will just push it out 2 weeks and try an event.

Since no events have popped up as far as we can tell, we've been considering doing it for Wolf Song's 3rd Birthday. It's on the 13th. If anyone is interested in meeting up let us know.

If you post it, I will come,.....ummm after I finish the cache adventure.

It doesn't look like we will get to go this week as I'd hoped. Maybe after we get paid I'll find a way. I'm really bummed out. Maybe I will try to push it out long enough to do an event either before or after.

$10,000.00 for the cache, not so much, those props were left over from when he turned his castle into a Halloween Haunted House.

You can't use and Event to collect caches? There's a work around.

You meet for breakfast, that's the event. Then you say, let's go caching!!! There are groups in our area that do this once a month in the summertime.

$10,000.00 for the cache, not so much, those props were left over from when he turned his castle into a Halloween Haunted House.

I'm not taking your post in a negative way, because you are probably right about the props.

However, I believe my friend that started this thread greatly underestimated the cost involved.

I got to spend some quality time there at the final last Saturday. It was outstanding and so detailed that it would have taken several hours to inspect everything. Set up was a monumental undertaking. No doubt about that.

I wouldn't put an exact dollar figure on what I observed except to say that over $25,000 just on props, construction, labor, physical security, coin press, etc. is still probably in the low ball park. Maybe not even all the way to second base. B)

If you scoff at this estimate and many who haven't experienced it will, ask yourself this..... How much would an hour of your spare time be worth if you could spend $30,000,000 on a 12 day working vacation on the ISS? :D:grin:

Honestly, this is easily a $100k cache when you factor in that consideration to the cache owner. :)

I own a coin press myself. The one at the final has 8 die images. 4 top & 4 bottom. The press and those 8 images alone top $3k+.

Construction on the cache "box" itself is top notch down to the screws that were used. I'm in corporate security and this cache is well watched over and constructed to thwart vandalism and break in attempts.

So far I don't know of anyone that has been on the property where the final is located has actually made it off the property without being approached and checked out at least once. I myself, was approached and checked out by a modern day superhero. Jarrett Crippen made contact with me as I prepared to leave.

Woe to anyone that goes there to do harm or to steal. :grin:

Edited by Snoogans

Today is my Mom's birthday, and her wish to us was to visit this cache. So, after I coach my son's football game tomorrow, we are heading to Austin to tackle this one. Going to take it easy and spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning on it before making the drive back up. Going to be a lot of fun!

What a cool Mom you have!! :blink:

It took us two days due to one of the legs being closed sooner (and we got a bit stuck doing one of the earlier legs) than we had anticipated but it was well worth every minute of this cache. We delayed doing the final leg till after dark, and it was a great experience. The pictures you've seen and the stories you've heard do not do it justice. You must do this one!

Amazing cache but it's not a 5/5, it's a 1/5 by definition.

I'm not one to second guess an owner's reasoning for terrain and difficulty. It's listed as a 2/2 and that is quite adequate from my experience. I made it a 2/4 by starting in 104 degree temps with a 2yo and a muggle wife along the first day.

It's not the least bit wheelchair friendly at the final. 1.5 on terrain is as low as I'd go and you might as well round up. :ph34r:

Neener neener on the "I hate Unknown Caches" crowd. :ph34r:

I have the first 7 Ultimas on a single CD-ROM. But I've only ever played 1 and 3 all the way through. I don't have the time for it that I did 25 years ago.

(whoop, didn't realize this was an old bump. My comments stand though).

Edited by Dinoprophet

Neener neener on the "I hate Unknown Caches" crowd. :D

I have the first 7 Ultimas on a single CD-ROM. But I've only ever played 1 and 3 all the way through. I don't have the time for it that I did 25 years ago.

(whoop, didn't realize this was an old bump. My comments stand though).

Neener neener to the multi and puzzle cache H8ers too. :ph34r:

I'm really surprised at how slowly the word is getting out indicated by the number of visits or maybe people are just waiting for the temps to cool off... I count myself lucky to have been in the first hundred visits. I actually scored Lord British's Mission Patches. Those have to be the coolest things I ever got from a cache. Researching them after was really interesting. :(:)B)