Where to buy Bison Tubes

chag67

Is there any stores (not online) that sell bison tubes? I am looking into hiding a few caches and would like to buy a couple of tubes without having to buy 10 online. I live in Prattville, AL but make many trips to Birmingham, AL. I have asked in places like Walmart and Target but always get funny looks. The looks get even funnier when I try to describe a bison tube to them. Any help would be appreciated.

REI sells them in their stores. Also check out pharmacies. They are sometimes sold there as pill canisters. Some pet stores also sell them as a pet ID holders. Be prepared to premium prices though, at least double and often triple what they will cost you online.

Edited by briansnat

I'm from Alabama as well, and I have seen similar things at the pharmacy section at walmart. They're close to the plastic daily pill holders, blood pressure machines, and diabetic supplies. look for the keychain pill fob. they're a little different than bison tubes, but i'm sure they all work the same. They cost about $3 though. Someone told me that CVS has them too, but i haven't seen them yet.

Walmart also has the hide a key holders and waterproof match holders too!

Lee Valley Tools, if you have one close by, is where I bought some nanos and bison tubes. The nanos were brass and had little name/address labels inside. They have an online catalogue http://www.leevalleytools.com

I think the bisons could be bought individually, but if you buy more than 4? you get a price break. I found it quicker to look through their hard copy fliers I get delivered here - the supplement I think it is. They have a LOT of neat stuff.

Good luck in your search!

Edited by popokiiti

I'm from Alabama as well, and I have seen similar things at the pharmacy section at walmart. They're close to the plastic daily pill holders, blood pressure machines, and diabetic supplies. look for the keychain pill fob. they're a little different than bison tubes, but i'm sure they all work the same. They cost about $3 though. Someone told me that CVS has them too, but i haven't seen them yet.

Walmart also has the hide a key holders and waterproof match holders too!

I haven't purchased one myself because I don't really like to hide bisons, but I've heard that the drug store varieties don't hold up as well as the actual bison kind, which yes, you can buy at REI.

Has anyone mentioned REI? :)

The last time I checked they were selling it for about $4.

The Walmart pill fob is larger (in diameter) and may be harder to hide in some locations.

If you only need one or two, maybe someone local can sell you some spares that they have.

I'll check out the local Walmart pharmacy section. Looks like I'll just end up ordering some online.

If you're looking for it from eBay, note that pretty much all of them are not from Bison Designs. I bought from a vendor, it feels like plastic and looks shiny silver. Doesn't feel sturdy.

I've bought some from http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/store4.shtml - they're active here in the forums as well. I have no affiliation with them and don't benefit in any way if you decide to buy from them. Their price is also the best I've found online for the original version.

Has anyone mentioned REI? :)

No REI stores in Alabama.

I'll check out the local Walmart pharmacy section. Looks like I'll just end up ordering some online.

Ok that right there just sucks. LOL REI is like a geocacher's Toys R Us.

Edited by Itsmy6