Oregon "Arriving at Destination"

Another Garmin Oregon question. The "Arriving at Destination" message, which consumes the entire screen, is very annoying. I poked around and it looks like it is currently an issue. Is there a way to turn it off at this time?

Thanks!

Another Garmin Oregon question. The "Arriving at Destination" message, which consumes the entire screen, is very annoying. I poked around and it looks like it is currently an issue. Is there a way to turn it off at this time?

Thanks!

I also wish there were a way to shut off that message, but I've never found a way. I have a 550t, but in this respect I think the two units are the same.

--Larry

Thanks!

If there is, I haven't found it, either. Same problem on my Dakota 20. Both series do it. My old eTrex Summit HC does it, too, but doesn't waste an entire screen doing it, so it's not such a pain.

I too find it annoying and have been looking to find a way to disable it. It particularly bothers me when driving into a parking lot looking for the "right" light pole and have the screen overtaken by the "arriving at destination" notice. At that point one doesn't need any other distractions when navigating to the right spot. I would certainly like to hear of a solution for this if there is one.

AFAIK, it has been removed from the later firmware versions. Update and you should be good.

P.S. The current Beta version has caused some issues, so stay clear of that :)

I have the latest release of firmware (not beta) on my 450 and I still get this message.

However, as someone else has stated, it's a nice reminder--just in case you were walking and forgot to pay attention to your range ;)

It's only the latest beta firmwares that have it removed...

Just got mine from Cabelas this week and mine does it was well... hopefully there will be a fix. I like the beep, maybe even a SMALL message, but agree that using the whole screen is more of an annoyance than anything else.