PQ's and Vacation

I have an oregon 300 and GSAK, am going on vacation next month and would like to do a pq in one area in one state and another in a different state. Is there a way to load both pq's on my Oregon without one deleting the other. { When I do a PQ at home and then do another, the first one is automatically deleted} Is there something I should be setting on GSAK?

thanks for any help!

What you could do is create a "Vacation Database" within GSAK. Move or load all of the caches and vacation specific PQ's over to this new database and then you can upload all of this info into your unit as one file.

This is what I usually do when I go out of town or vacation.

[…] Is there something I should be setting on GSAK?

[…]

yes.

A: just name the gpx files different. that way you didn't overwrite one with an other. :D

or

B: do a filter in GSAK calling two or more points and export one single gpx file.

happy traveling

hans

Within GSAK you can create as many databases as you like. You can either load all of the PQ's into one large database or create a new database for each area you will visit. If you will download more caches than your GPS unit will hold then you may want to create seperate databases for each part of your trip. If not then I would just have one big database. Good luck.

As HHL mentioned just use different file names. In GSAK if you're using the send waypoints feature (GPS=>Send Waypoints) there is a data field to enter the file name on the Send Waypoints dialog.

Your Oregon 300 will accept up to 200 GPX files and a total of 2000 geocaches (in addition to the 1000 waypoint limit).

Edited by PDOP's

I load my different Gpx files for different locations on memory cards I just change the card instead of having to reload the unit. lets you get every thing ready before your trip. just make sure you do not have gpx file in the internal memory this counts against your GPS limit

First question is "Are you traveling with a laptop or have a computer available at where you are staying?"

If a laptop just load up the maximum amount of caches for the start and load newer ones as you travel. If you don't travel with a laptop and have access to one where you stay you can generally get your email and then load it to your GPS. Just copy the GPX file from the zip file onto the GPS.

I have an oregon 300 and GSAK, am going on vacation next month and would like to do a pq in one area in one state and another in a different state. Is there a way to load both pq's on my Oregon without one deleting the other. { When I do a PQ at home and then do another, the first one is automatically deleted} Is there something I should be setting on GSAK?

thanks for any help!

I generally just add the GPX files from my PQs to the Oregon. No problem if you don't have more than 2000 caches or 200 GPX files. You just need to be sure that the files have different file names. I assume that would be the case if the PQs are from different areas.

If you are combining the two PQs in GSAK:

Load the first PQ ZIP file into a GSAK database. For the second PQ, select "File." Then "Load GPX/LOC/ZIP." When the box comes up, look on the left side of the box about 1/2 way down. (Sorry, don't have time to do a screen shot.) There is a section called "Clear database before loading." Make sure that the box next to "Warning: This will replace old data! is NOT checked. This allows you to add as many PQs to a database as you want.

Not sure of that's what you are looking for, but hope it helps.