Micro coins

Gamma Ray

I find micros very qute! :D

some of the micros were such a heart breakers and they were sold out very quick, even if they were geting reminds! One of them.... The little rody! Never had a chance to get one... but it is amazing!

ok, most of us like the big coins and I believe that is for the details they have and ok... the size... you feel it in your hands!

Of course, this can be done wih micros too! there are many clever designs that your eye enjoy seeing them!

what to mention... sea shell coins (I do not remember the name), Kansas sunshine, the Canada micros (there is a series and I love them!!! Ionly have the 2009 one but they are so cute!!!), the geonerds, the geojellies... amazing coins!!!! :) I have the feeling that there was a micro in real silver too!!

So.. My opinion.... I love micros too!!!! :D

Hey... I forgot to mention something... How I can say.. I do not like micros.. if I am trying to find the smallest geocoin... for my collection??? :D

I wanted to have the bigest, smallest, oldest (the first), the first shaped...

The biggest is quite expensive... the oldest (moun10bike)... a dream...

And I have no ides which one is the smallest and which one the first shaped, the first 3D coin...

Many people love collecting the real silver ones! They have more value because of the metal... but they are probably very pretty too! I do not know.. never had a chance to get one... but.. if there is a silver micro... would they say no?? I do not think so! :D Maybe they will love it as their baby coin! :)

I prefer full size coins but there are some micros that have really caught my eye, specifically the Kansas Sunshine series.

SO.... if a micro is eye catching, or has some sort of special meaning to me, I'll get one. Otherwise I'd rather have a full sized coin.

I ask as im looking at producing a micro as costs of a full coin may be a bit too high!

That is a mis-conception - The only reason a full(er) sized coin cost so much is because the vendor prices it that way.

<advertisement removed by moderator, this is a discussion thread>

One must shop around to find cheaper and larger coins -

~J

Edited by Eartha

some of the micros were such a heart breakers and they were sold out very quick, even if they were geting reminds! One of them.... The little rody! Never had a chance to get one... but it is amazing!

Which Little Rhody are you after...the Clam or the Horseshoe Crab?

And as a heads up, keep an eye out for this year's Little Rhody - the Fluke.

I love em.

There's a lot of small size caches around us and so there's no problem moving them on, plus they can be cheaper and I appreciate intricate detail. Also, the weight of our geobag is starting to become an issue and each trip we have to decide what to leave behind, so smaller and lighter coins do help. The big hunks of metal have established their place in the caching world, but I prefer the small ones and would like to see some more. My favourite so far is the edelweiss, but haven't seen many.

Now you've got me wondering what you have planning...

Which Little Rhody are you after...the Clam or the Horseshoe Crab?

And as a heads up, keep an eye out for this year's Little Rhody - the Fluke.

Fluke?? Sorry for asking... but what is the fluke?? :)

Have you seen the nano geocoins? Only ½" diameter...

MrsB :)

???Nano??? only 1/2" diameter??? Yuo mean 12.5 - 13mm????

I am probably wrong with the measures... because this is smaller than the 1 eurocent! WOW!!! It will look like an aspirin! :)

Probably that is the smallest coin! hmmm.... Interesting! :)

But I am probably wrong... it can not be that small! I am wondering how easy is to lose them! If many normal size coins are missplaced and you can not find them.... the nano coins... even a small child or a baby can swallow them!!!!

Edited by GATOULIS

A fluke is like a flounder. Flukes and flounders are bottom dwelling, "flat" fish. The have both eyes on teh same side of their body. One has them on the right side, the other on the left side. And what's cool is they are born looking like normal fish, and their eyes "migrate" to the same side.

A fluke is like a flounder. Flukes and flounders are bottom dwelling, "flat" fish. The have both eyes on teh same side of their body. One has them on the right side, the other on the left side. And what's cool is they are born looking like normal fish, and their eyes "migrate" to the same side.

Oh!! so it is like a Sole fish!! Do you eat them? Well here we eat the Sole fishes (fried filets of Sole fish, without any bones, and garlic sauce that we call... Scordalia!) ;)

:lol:both eys on the same side!!! That is what they mean when they say... keep your eyes 14 here in greece (meaning... stay alert) :)

Thank you my friend! :)

Have you seen the nano geocoins? Only ½" diameter...

MrsB ;)

???Nano??? only 1/2" diameter??? Yuo mean 12.5 - 13mm????

I am probably wrong with the measures... because this is smaller than the 1 eurocent! WOW!!! It will look like an aspirin! ;)

Probably that is the smallest coin! hmmm.... Interesting! B)

But I am probably wrong... it can not be that small! I am wondering how easy is to lose them! If many normal size coins are missplaced and you can not find them.... the nano coins... even a small child or a baby can swallow them!!!!

Yes, really that small. B) I haven't seen one myself but drneal has put a comparison picture in the post above. Another geocacher told me about them... I'd like to see one produced with British union flag on it.

Eartha: Sorry about my earlier link to the sales site - I just used it for size comparison.

MrsB

Here's a size comparison of last years europe nano geocoin with one of my chiro-cache geocoins...

IMG_NEW_0001-7.jpg

ILYK

Unfortunatelly I do not have your lovely coin but it is probably a normal size one right? WOW!! The nano is really small!!!

It reminds me the playmobil pirate treasure coins! :rolleyes: It is lovely!!!! :unsure:

I suppose it is hard to read the tracking number.... which probably be in the whole back side! ;)

Edited by GATOULIS