Trail of the Gods

If I decide to archive one of my caches, all I am required to do is post an archive note and go pick up the cache. I am not required to explain my reasons for archiving the cache to the satisfaction of any nosey nellies that may be curious. The same goes if I were to archive lots of caches.

If I decide to archive one of my caches, all I am required to do is post an archive note and go pick up the cache. I am not required to explain my reasons for archiving the cache to the satisfaction of any nosey nellies that may be curious. The same goes if I were to archive lots of caches.

That's true, no one can force you to be helpful. But in a case like this one, wouldn't it be helpful to anyone who might hide caches on BLM properties to know what NOT to do? Obviously, something with this series of caches went Very Wrong. It would be nice if future cache owners could know what it was, so they can avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Apples and oranges. At best apples and pears.

That's true, no one can force you to be helpful. But in a case like this one, wouldn't it be helpful to anyone who might hide caches on BLM properties to know what NOT to do? Obviously, something with this series of caches went Very Wrong. It would be nice if future cache owners could know what it was, so they can avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Well in that case it might be fairly helpful for one of you who really really wants to know, to simply contact the CO or reviewer who approved them and then pass that importnat information along in here.

Should the reviewer fail to respond to your inquiry, you might take that as an indication that what is known today is what will be known 6 years from now. What could possibly be the rationale for doing otherwise?

I suspect that this cache series taught us absolutely nothing new about placing caches on BLM land.

I just watched a short video clip od Caching on the trail. It's funny how suspicious geocachers look when viewed from the outside, even even you know what they are doing. I can only imagine how closely a Cache run on this trail would resemble a practice run for someone to bomb all those towers. If someone didn't know what they were doing, and viewed from a distance(with no detail on what they did at each site) I could easily see a few panicked calls to Law Enforcement. It may be harmless, and it may have been a lot of fun, but I can certainly can see how other (non-players) would not appreciate the Trail.

I just watched a short video clip od Caching on the trail. It's funny how suspicious geocachers look when viewed from the outside, even even you know what they are doing. I can only imagine how closely a Cache run on this trail would resemble a practice run for someone to bomb all those towers. If someone didn't know what they were doing, and viewed from a distance(with no detail on what they did at each site) I could easily see a few panicked calls to Law Enforcement. It may be harmless, and it may have been a lot of fun, but I can certainly can see how other (non-players) would not appreciate the Trail.

"funny how suspicious geocachers look"

And you are just now figuring that out? Wow.

"funny how suspicious geocachers look"

And you are just now figuring that out? Wow.

I've known for a long time, watching that clip was just today's reminder

I'll assume we have watched the same clip on youtube. I agree that it might look odd from the outside, but except from the occasional burro and coyote, who is there to observe this behavior?

Who knows. Just because we don't see anyone doesn't mean they are not up in those hills doing their own thing, and I'm going to guess that there is also long range video surveilance on the whole road.
I'll assume we have watched the same clip on youtube. I agree that it might look odd from the outside, but except from the occasional burro and coyote, who is there to observe this behavior?

There were also several cows out there. One of them blocked my path for several minutes :rolleyes: I could have found two more caches in that time.

I also saw a blur that I think was a jackrabbit, but it could have been one of them Al-Qaeda insurgents.

The 4x4 club members in the same area?

EDIT: The utility worker that removed some of the caches on the poles?

Edited by Castle Mischief