UK Geocache Events

I'm still quite new to geocaching B) and would really like to get into it a bit more. Can anyone advise me on where/how I would go about finding out of upcoming uk geocache events. I had a gorgeous tent brought for my birthday and would like to get some use out of it whilst going away for a weekend geocaching.

Thanks in advance for your help and time :)

Home page - Search for a Geocache. Click the Advanced Search link under search box. On the page that opens select Event Caches from the list, By Postal Code and enter your post code or you can search by coordinates if you have a specific location you want to go to.

There you go!

Chris (MrB)

Edited by The Blorenges

If you visit your Profile page, (the link is Individual specific, it takes you to your own Profile page) in the Navigation box On the right. You'll see Search Options: List Newest in the United Kingdom. The First caches listed are the Events which have yet to take Place.

Alternatively icache lists events coming up in the next month

[icache is licensed by Groundspeak]

Deci

your doing well :) replies from 2 Reviewers B)

Fantastic response everyone thankyou. Ok I MUST book some time off of work so I can attend some of the events that I've come across today. I'm just a bit nervous turning up as I've never been to any before and so wont know anyone.

Turning up at any event where you don't know people is always a bit daunting - but events are great fun and there is usually someone else there who is as new as you are. We all have to start somewhere.

My advice is just go for it.

lefthanded99

your doing well :D replies from 2 Reviewers :D

You mean there's no caches waiting to be reviewed? :D:D

This reviewer is lying on his back trying to use a laptop...... suffering with a very painful back problem, so not many caches will get reviewed tonight!

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

any excuse to lay down

laydown.jpg

Don't worry about not knowing anyone, everyone is really friendly and will soon have you a brew (alcoholic, nor non alcoholic) in your hand, and a hand putting up your tent if needs be.

I've done more camping events than I care to count, and I've never struggled for anyone to chat to, borrow something off, or to scrounge a cuppa from!

Just wander over and introduce yourself!

This reviewer is lying on his back trying to use a laptop...... suffering with a very painful back problem, so not many caches will get reviewed tonight!

Chris

Graculus

I hope you don't expect to get sick pay :D, we don't want Groundspeak putting up our subsription do we :D

Edited by Mad H@ter

Chris

Graculus

I hope you don't expect to get sick pay :o , we don't want Groundspeak putting up our subsription do we :anibad:

I have you know we get access to what was described as the Greatest Health Service in the World, as part of the remuneration package off Groundspeak :yikes: all out of your generous subscriptions :yikes: to the UK Government of course :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Deci