Travel Bug window decal

yavapaipl

Not sure what your question was exactly, but the idea is that you stick it on your car, and people that spot your car, either on the street or at events, can log it. Its also just a way of letting others know that you geocache. Kinda like having a "Geocacher On Board" sign in the window, but maybe not quite as lame.

I bought one of these decal and tag sets today not realising there was even a number on the decal - I thought the decals were just to show people you were a geocacher. I've already attached the tag to an item and logged it with a photo. Should I edit the tag info (and try to get an admin to remove the photo - is that even possible?) or just cut the number off the decal and use it as a simple decoration? I don't want to confuse people who see the decal and expect to see a number under it. :/

I bought one of these decal and tag sets today not realising there was even a number on the decal - I thought the decals were just to show people you were a geocacher. I've already attached the tag to an item and logged it with a photo. Should I edit the tag info (and try to get an admin to remove the photo - is that even possible?) or just cut the number off the decal and use it as a simple decoration? I don't want to confuse people who see the decal and expect to see a number under it. :/

You purchased a travel bug. You can either place it on your car by showing the tracking number or release it as a standard traveler with a tag.

If you just wanted a TB image go ahead and remove the tracking number.

You do not want to release two TBs with the same tracking number even if one is your car. Only one at a time.

Edited by BlueDeuce

You purchased a travel bug. You can either place it on your car by showing the tracking number or release it as a standard traveler with a tag.

You do not want to release two TBs with the same tracking number even if one is your car. Only one at a time.

I'm pretty sure the bugs alone are cheaper than the decal sets...I'm thinking it would be dumb to not use the decal as its intended. The only problem is that I've already posted a photo of the bug on the info page. Can that be removed? I don't see a way to do it myself so do you think I can request it be deleted or something? Thanks.

edit: You know what...never mind. I'm confused enough about TBs. ;) I'll just cut the number off and if I understand them better later I'll buy a new decal.

Edited by NeitherSparky

I'm pretty sure the bugs alone are cheaper than the decal sets...I'm thinking it would be dumb to not use the decal as its intended. The only problem is that I've already posted a photo of the bug on the info page. Can that be removed? I don't see a way to do it myself so do you think I can request it be deleted or something? Thanks.

edit: You know what...never mind. I'm confused enough about TBs. ;) I'll just cut the number off and if I understand them better later I'll buy a new decal.

You can remove a photo by using the edit option on the side of the bug page.

Your choice on this bug. Use it for your car or use it as a standard traveler. Change it up later if you want.

If you want to use it as a standard traveler you can certainly use the image with the number cut off and place that on your car window.

Oh so just deselecting the image "removes" it, although it stays in the system.

Okay I'll try to decide what to do. Thanks. ;)

I don't see a photo on the bug or in your gallery so I assume you figured out how to delete it completely. If not let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Yeah I deleted the photo, and I did put the decal on my car. Should I put up a photo of my car now, is that how it works?

Are you planing on using your car as a Travel bug?

If you are you can certainly post a photo. Just make sure not to show any tracking numbers in the photo or post it anywhere on line.

After trying to chase a vehicle down a few miles in rush hour traffic just to find out the three TB decals (one on each side, and one on the back), none of the decals had numbers on it is really frustrating. Happened to me a couple weeks ago.

Well...there you go. That's what I was wondering. When I bought the decal I didn't think it would have a number, I just wanted a geocaching sticker on my car - just to tell the world I'm a geocacher, you know? But I did wind up leaving the number on and not using the tag.

I wouldn't expect someone to try and log me while I'm moving though, lol.