publishing the cache

preklica

Thanks for hiding these caches! They are properly awaiting review.

Your reviewer will be along to look at it soon, as their schedule permits. The confirmation message you received after submitting your cache says that the service goal is to provide an initial review within 72 hours of submission. I am sorry it's taking a bit longer than that.

Whether your cache is published right away will depend on the absence of any listing guideline issues. Many caches are published upon the first review.

Here are some articles to read in the Groundspeak Knowledgebase while you are waiting:

Publication of Caches

Getting Your Cache Listed Quickly

Communicating With the Reviewer

Yup, as volunteers, reviewers do get to go on holiday, vacation and even geocaching upon occasion!

They even get to make breakfast for the spouse, change diapers, pay bills and go to work if time allows.

A good group in all, and they usually assist you in most any way. Should there be a problem, or perhaps only a question they need answered, they will respond as soon as they can. Likewise, they will publish your cache as soon as they can. :D:)

Yup, as volunteers, reviewers do get to go on holiday, vacation and even geocaching upon occasion!

They even get to make breakfast for the spouse, change diapers, pay bills and go to work if time allows.

A good group in all, and they usually assist you in most any way. Should there be a problem, or perhaps only a question they need answered, they will respond as soon as they can. Likewise, they will publish your cache as soon as they can. :(:tongue:

WOW! You almost sound like you think that reviewers are human. Next thing you'll be trying to get us to believe is that they aren't absolutley perfect.

Even when they are reviewing - it sounds like a hctic schedule - somebody once wrote the following...

If your reviewers are like our reviewers then this is what is probably going on:

Typically, when a reviewer logs on to GC.com to begin their work they will look at and work on caches that are in their que (new caches that have been submitted). They will work through this list - publishing some and sending emails to the others to address problems.

After that, then they will move on to caches that:

Have been previously submitted (new) and have had problems that are in the process of being worked out.

Have been requested by the owners to have the coords changed (over 528 ft).

Have been reported as "Needs Archive".

Have been reported by other cachers as having a problem.

Have been archived for various reasons and the owner is attempting to re-enable.

Or perhaps a cacher is submitting coordinates for the reviewer to check proximity to existing caches.

How much time it needs to be published? I am waiting for 3 days, but my first 2 caches are not published yet.

I don't understand this...

When I look at your profile I see that you own two cache which were published on 28th January and they've been found several times.

Do you mean that there are two more which are still waiting to be published?

MrsB :unsure:

Edited by The Blorenges

Are there notes on the cache page from the reviewer?

Have you answered all the reviewers questions?

Have you fixed any issues that the reviewer may have identified?

Have you ensured that the cache is ENABLED on the cache page?

Have you communicated with the reviewer in the manner that the reviewer indicated (either by email or by notes on the cache page)?

No, I hided another 2 caches :unsure: and they are not published yet

They are awaiting their turn in the review queue. If nothing happens within a day or two, you can send the reviewer an e-mail to check the status. The published note at the bottom of your published caches should tell you who your local reviewer is. You can contact him through his profile.