GC.com website VISUAL feedback thread

bittsen

I picked up a geocoin from a cache today and noticed the website now sticks some coordinates (for the cache I assume?) before the text I typed into the coin move log. But it doesn't even put a space between the coords and my text. Here's a pic. Looks like the one place where they needed more white space they left it out. :ph34r:

fffe35c2-6e3e-436d-ae1c-a0f5b88920a0.jpg

Edited by DocDiTTo

I picked up a geocoin from a cache today and noticed the website now sticks some coordinates (for the cache I assume?) before the text I typed into the coin move log. But it doesn't even put a space between the coords and my text. Here's a pic. Looks like the one place where they needed more white space they left it out. :ph34r:

I do believe that it added the coordinates before, but the text was seperated by a line break, before.

Edited by Dwoodford

I do believe that it added the coordinates before, but the text was seperated by a line break, before.

They probably run out of line breaks and white space used on other pages :huh:

I appreciate the post from obsidianspider, I second this. Good idea, but I am affraid it will remain unheard.

If you found something like this which is definitely a bug you should report it in the release notes thread.

This here thread is for moaning and kvetching .

I picked up a geocoin from a cache today and noticed the website now sticks some coordinates (for the cache I assume?) before the text I typed into the coin move log. But it doesn't even put a space between the coords and my text. Here's a pic. Looks like the one place where they needed more white space they left it out. :huh:

Hi!

Just posted here,

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4197549

But, also thought right here would be nice place to 'voice' my thoughts.

Basically and simply,

I dislike the Public Profile's 'Trackables' Unique Icon Column with the new 'alternative strips' scheme.

SO UGLY!!! A huge insult to the icons and their designers!!!

PLEASE bring back the WHITE Background!!!

At least just for the icon column!

- Dr.MORO

PS: Not to mention that Public Profile's 'Trackables' tab opens up a 'Collectables' page, misleading that trackables are also collectables... It's all about consistency...

Seriously, why does this even need to be on every single cache page if you're logged in?

disclaimer.jpeg

What a waste of space.

Again, another annoyance that can easily be taken care of with GreaseMonkey. I believe Lil Devil has a script that takes care of it, or you can do it yourself with 3 lines of code.

Is it just me or did the edit box for changing the description on a cache get really small with this recent site update?? It was small before but now it's like almost unusable.

Why can't the edit box for editing a cache page description be as HUGE as the forum post box I am typing in right now??

I mean the hints box and short description box is identical in size (width) to the cache description box? They are certainly not identical in use.

Yeah there are a lot of people who edit in some other program and copy and paste in but for making quick edits and you happen to be a programmer, that box is not user friendly in the least.

Could this be fixed on a future site update??

Thanks!

I just want to say that the GC websites are starting to look much better.

I still HATE the way the hint and decoder shows up on the cache pages but can live with everything else (that I've seen).

Seeing all the changes "undone" is making me warm in my nethers

Hmm, Intersting threads. I searched through them and didn't see any body mention the relocation of the cache log "Submit Changes" button, it is now on the left, and I am getting quite the sore wrist from it. If this keeps up much longer, I am going to get carpal tunnel syndrome. A submit button next to the scroll bar is more Ergonomically correct. And it doesn't matter which hand you use. Now, where do I find the browers option to put the srcoll bar on the left. But wait! That messes it up for surfing the rest of the Internet. DOH! :( MR

Hmm, Intersting threads. I searched through them and didn't see any body mention the relocation of the cache log "Submit Changes" button, it is now on the left, and I am getting quite the sore wrist from it. If this keeps up much longer, I am going to get carpal tunnel syndrome. A submit button next to the scroll bar is more Ergonomically correct. And it doesn't matter which hand you use. Now, where do I find the browers option to put the srcoll bar on the left. But wait! That messes it up for surfing the rest of the Internet. DOH! :( MR

I agree

Just so you know, 4 "tabs" and "enter" is a way to ease the wrist usage.

Also, why is the field for "visit another listing" so big? Why would you even need the "visit another listing" on the log submission page?

Here are some suggested changes to the cache log page

CachePage1.jpg

Please note the spacing changes and the relocation of some page elements.

There is some graphic elements that don't line up at the bottom.

Look for changes where the red arrows are pointing

Leave out the "MM/DD/YYYY" because there is no need for it.

Add the "GCXXXXX" for the cache next to the name

Etc.

Just a few suggestions from someone who has been in the graphic industry for far too long.

Some major inconsistency here. Clearly different browsers behave differently with the new site.

Profile_in_IE8.jpg

On my laptop, 1024x768 display, Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 (similar results on the same system using Safari 4). I pasted a couple of images together so you could get the BIG picture since some of it was off the bottom of my screen. I know Raine is working with the author of FindStatGen to improve the fit. Seems that my scroll bar indicates the page should be wider; however, GC.com only makes my profile as wide as my screen allows. OK, I can live with that until some agreement is made between the recent CSS changes and FSG's output.

Profile_on_iPhone.jpg

However, on my iPhone 3G, running OS 3.1.2, clearly Safari recognizes that the page should be wider and shrinks everything to fit, but GC.com is not making use of all that space as my profile page is about 3/4 the width of the display.

I don't spend a whole lot of time browsing most of the pages on the web site, as I do most of my work offline using Pocket Queries and GSAK; however, the one page I do visit frequently is my own profile and these recent updates have really been a non-improvement, IMO.

Some major inconsistency here. Clearly different browsers behave differently with the new site.

Profile_in_IE8.jpg

On my laptop, 1024x768 display, Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8 (similar results on the same system using Safari 4). I pasted a couple of images together so you could get the BIG picture since some of it was off the bottom of my screen. I know Raine is working with the author of FindStatGen to improve the fit. Seems that my scroll bar indicates the page should be wider; however, GC.com only makes my profile as wide as my screen allows. OK, I can live with that until some agreement is made between the recent CSS changes and FSG's output.

Profile_on_iPhone.jpg

However, on my iPhone 3G, running OS 3.1.2, clearly Safari recognizes that the page should be wider and shrinks everything to fit, but GC.com is not making use of all that space as my profile page is about 3/4 the width of the display.

I don't spend a whole lot of time browsing most of the pages on the web site, as I do most of my work offline using Pocket Queries and GSAK; however, the one page I do visit frequently is my own profile and these recent updates have really been a non-improvement, IMO.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang,

I am old and my eyes are going south the new format is speeding up the process.. Squint, squint, squint