Confess Your Sins

bflentje

I have a Red Jeep Travel Bug hanging off my bulletin board above my computer in the our den.

I will release it when all the other Jeep TB's (white, yellow, green and red) are released by all the other geocachers who have decided to keep them as souvenirs.

I don't feel an ounce of guilt over this.

An honest thief, what do you know!

I have a Red Jeep Travel Bug hanging off my bulletin board above my computer in the our den.

I will release it when all the other Jeep TB's (white, yellow, green and red) are released by all the other geocachers who have decided to keep them as souvenirs.

An honest thief, what do you know!

Sticks and stones.......

I will release it when all the other Jeep TB's are released by all the other geocachers who have decided to keep them

Are you planning on logging the TB, or are you too ashamed to let the communinty know which one you're hoarding?

Re: logging the TB: Let me think about that. No.

Re: shame: Shame is an unhappy emotion invented by pietists in order to exploit the human race.

Really? Or perhaps shame is a normal emotional experience.

From Inside the mind of a Sociopath:

Imagine - if you can - not having a conscience, none at all, no feelings of guilt or remorse no matter what you do, no limiting sense of concern of the well-being of strangers, friends, or even family members. Imagine no struggles with shame, not a single one in your whole life, no matter what kind of selfish, lazy, harmful, or immoral action you had taken...

...Many mental health professionals refer to the condition of little or no conscience as "anti-social personality disorder," a non-correctable disfigurement of character that is now thought to be present in about 4 percent of the population - that is to say, one in twenty-five people. This condition of missing conscience is called by other names, too, most often "sociopathy," or the somewhat more familiar term psychopathy. Guiltlessness was in fact the first personality disorder to be recognized by psychiatry, and terms that have been used at times over the past century include manie sans délire, psychopathic inferiority, moral insanity, and moral imbecility.

I re-read the opening post, and need clarification from the absolver.

Confess your sins here. As long as you repent, NO ONE in this thread will blast you.

So, if the sinner is not repentant, is it open season?

Only the absolver in this thread has the power. If you confess a REAL sin and you're not repentatent, you will be cast into the pit of despair for eternal damnation.

Trackable Maggotry. I think that is one of the unforgivable sins.

I hope I never meet you on the trail...I may have some unpleasent words for you.

[quote name='

Trackable Maggotry. I think that is one of the unforgivable sins.

I hope I never meet you on the trail...I may have some unpleasent words for you.

So sad for you.

You geocache with your child so you would cuss me out in front of them over a 25 cent promotional toy put out by a nearly defunct automobile manufacturer for a contest that has been over for 3 years?

That says more about you than me.

I guess this might be a sin of caching. I took an item out of a cache without putting something back in, but I later went back and put two things in to make up for it. Hey, come on, I really wanted the trade item. This was one of those spur of the moment caches with my wife while waiting for a meeting to start. I also went after a cache that was behind a NO TRESPASSING SIGN, and found it. So whose sin was greater? Mine for going to find it, or the owner for hiding it?

Forgive me for I have sinned.

I found a bison tube stuffed with a FOUR page strip log and the last page was heavily damaged by all the attempts by others to put it back in. I tore off the bottom half of the last page to make the log much easier to replace without damage.

~hangs head in shame~

I found a bison tube stuffed with a FOUR page strip log and the last page was heavily damaged by all the attempts by others to put it back in. I tore off the bottom half of the last page to make the log much easier to replace without damage.

Did you tear off any signatures? If it's just blank log, it only rates a meh on the geocaching sin scale :lol:

Did you tear off any signatures? If it's just blank log, it only rates a meh on the geocaching sin scale :lol:

1. Do not do that ever.

2. Do not do that unless you want it done to you.

3. Meh...

4. Do it man

5. If you don't do it, I will.

Nope, no signatures were harmed in the making of that sin.

I have yet to commit any sins outside of procrastination. I still have a travel bug that needs its picture with a cop. I am a cop.

Otherwise, I am confessing as an intermediary for one who knew not what he did. Tonight while my scout troop was preparing our trailer for an upcoming outing I discovered a black ammo can. When I picked it up a scout, who I recently introduced to geocaching, saw the writting on it and said "That's a geocache! Your not supposed to take that!"

Appearantly, one of my boys and another was at a local lake/state park and discovered this a little over a year ago. They took it and didn't know what it was. It ended up in our troop trailer. Prior to this I e-mailed the owner and informed him that I have it.

Edited by pbragg

I suppose it is a sin that I have to confess...

I went out after a cache that had zero logs on it....

I wound up being the first. Instead of me running home to log the cache, I went to work. Someone else left their house with complete determination in logging (yet another) FTF only to find that I had been there several hours earlier.

This is one of those sins where it really isn't clear until afterwards that it is considered a sin to ______.

:D

I suppose it is a sin that I have to confess...

I went out after a cache that had zero logs on it....

I wound up being the first. Instead of me running home to log the cache, I went to work. Someone else left their house with complete determination in logging (yet another) FTF only to find that I had been there several hours earlier.

This is one of those sins where it really isn't clear until afterwards that it is considered a sin to ______.

:D

This isn't a sin. That's the cost of doing (caching) business. Please read the OP. This was meant to be confessions of real sins. Not those lame confessions supposing to be humor.

My husband and I went after a traveling cache once. Got there found a container with sure signs that it was a geocache and it was at ground zero. Packed that baby up and was on our way to its new location. We made a pit stop at a mini mart when we realized after looking at the signatures on the log (we knew who had found it several times before us) was none of the same on the traveling cache page. The last person to place it had set it near one of there own caches to save time. We went back and replaced cache and looked a few more minutes with no luck for other container. It had already been found but not logged yet. That is sin number one although I swear its not our fault.

My husband and I have hiked difficult terrain at night when clearly posted that it is unsafe. Half the time though we would of done it geocaching or not cause of the thrill! Shame on us! That is sin number two.

I recently broke a cache container at an event. It was a temporary cache but the person probably had every intention of re using it. I looked to see if anyone was looking laid it down and moved away quickly. Few minutes later another person came along and was messing around with it and thought the broke it. That is sin number three.

Thats all I can remember for now, please forgive me I will make every effort to not commit the sins above again! No promises though!

My husband and I went after a traveling cache once. Got there found a container with sure signs that it was a geocache and it was at ground zero. Packed that baby up and was on our way to its new location. We made a pit stop at a mini mart when we realized after looking at the signatures on the log (we knew who had found it several times before us) was none of the same on the traveling cache page. The last person to place it had set it near one of there own caches to save time. We went back and replaced cache and looked a few more minutes with no luck for other container. It had already been found but not logged yet. That is sin number one although I swear its not our fault.

You made an effort for a misunderstanding. Not a sin.

My husband and I have hiked difficult terrain at night when clearly posted that it is unsafe. Half the time though we would of done it geocaching or not cause of the thrill! Shame on us! That is sin number two.

Unless the sign said stay out after dark, not a sin. Give me something to work with here.

I recently broke a cache container at an event. It was a temporary cache but the person probably had every intention of re using it. I looked to see if anyone was looking laid it down and moved away quickly. Few minutes later another person came along and was messing around with it and thought the broke it. That is sin number three.

If you did not fess up when the other guy "thought" he broke it, THAT is a sin.

Thats all I can remember for now, please forgive me I will make every effort to not commit the sins above again! No promises though!

Telling me no promises on future sins is a sin. I was going to forgive you up until you said that very last sentence.

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

I have cached on an elevated path behind some houses where a busty young woman was dancing topless in her bedroom and I did not avert my eyes.

I also logged Where in the World? as it was my only chance to log a US cache at the time. I can't delete it as it would mess all my stats up, but I do feel terrible guilt. Please take into consideration YOSM, which I have never logged despite visiting many times. In our country there are many sinners who have logged this moving virtual cache several times.

Forgive me, for I have sinned.

I have cached on an elevated path behind some houses where a busty young woman was dancing topless in her bedroom and I did not avert my eyes.

Finally, a sin assuming it's not a fairy tale. In order to properly handle this sin, I am going to need pictures in order to make my final assessment. :)

Forgive me for I have been sinning... *hangs head in shame* again.

I found a geocoin, and was intending on taking it to a 10 Year celebration for a photo op before dropping it off. Unfortunately, I got stalled and couldn't go to the party (thanks to the weather and flooding recently). I still have the coin. I wrote to the owner with profuse appologies, and got no response.

I swear I'm gonna drop it off. I promise... it's just things got a little busy *sniffle* and I haven't been able to escape *snifflesniffle*... I feel like a bad person... like I drank the last bit of OJ and then put the empty back in the fridge with a slightly sadistic smirk.

Forgive me bflentje, for I have sinned. In 2004 or 2005, I posted a find for not only the famous "four windows" virtual cache, but also the "what in the world" virtual cache in Maine. Both were designed to be armchair caches.

The "what in the world" cache may have at one time been an armchair cache but it has several requirements for logging it now, including "You need to attach a picture of you holding your GPS in front of the REAL CACHE OBJECT AT THE POSTED COORDINATES. " A couple of years ago I found the two traditional caches that are just off the parking lot at this facility and spent probably an hour inside the facility and even took a couple of photos of the OBJECT in question. Only after I got home (332 miles away) did I discover that I was at the location of a virtual cache. Since I couldn't satisfy the requirements I still haven't logged it as a find.

Oh yes, I have also kept a TB far too long. Something in the nature of 5 months.

Ironically on that same trip to Maine I dropped a few trackables into one of the first caches I found close to where I was staying and logged that I had dropped them into that cache. A couple of weeks later I got email from one of the trackable owners indicating the a subsequent finder didn't see the coin that was sure I had placed there. I checked logs all of the other caches that I had found during the trip but didn't find anything so had to break bad news to the trackable owner that their coin was probably missing. About 10 months later I got a coat out my closet and discovered the coin that I thought I had dropped in one of the pockets. As it turned out I had a vacation planned near the same spot in Maine a few weeks later, found another cache nearby and dropped the coin in that cache. It's now in North Carolina and still in play.