How long to hold onto trackable item

munchtime

Hello.

Forgive me as I am a newbie.........

There is a cache near me that has a geocoin and the person who placed it wants it to do as many miles as possible. I have a trip that will put 10500 miles on it but do not go until the end of Feb. What is the ettiquette here?

Thx

IMHO.....Although the thought of being able to put that many miles on the coin is nice, holding it for 5-7 weeks until you take the trip isn't. Track the coin, keeping an eye on its location, and then just before your trip retrieve it and give it a ride.

Hello.

There is a cache near me that has a geocoin and the person who placed it wants it to do as many miles as possible. I have a trip that will put 10500 miles on it but do not go until the end of Feb. What is the ettiquette here?

Thx

I would email the owner of the geocoin and see if that is a trip they would like their coin to take.

Hello.

Thx

I would email the owner of the geocoin and see if that is a trip they would like their coin to take.

Yes.. ask them. I held one once with the owners permission for a couple months before taking it to New Zealand. Perhaps they would also appreciate you dipping it into a few caches before you leave.

Edited by edscott

Hello.

Thx

Check with the owner and follow their direction.

I personally don't hold a TB of any kind longer than two weeks. If I can't get out again within two weeks of obtaining a TB I will deposit it at a local cache I've found in the past just so that the TB can keep moving.

I also under normal conditions move them relatively quickly.. average hold time is 8.22 days, but to help them along to accomplish a specific mission I've kept them longer.