Could it be too much coffee

JohnnyVegas

mmmm, bottled angst.

with cream and sugar...

And just a tad bit of extra caffine.

Need to chill out? Well don't open this bottle! Cause it's loaded with everything!

New Angst in a bottle. With Cream, Sugar and Extra Caffeine just to keep you coming back for more!

It's a real kick in the pants!

Lots of diff things going on here...

It sounds like the cache owner was referring to harassing that went on in the past, unrelated to this new cache, and that they feel the OP went looking for the second cache with the intent to harass them further?

Some of the logs mention wasting a lot of their time looking at the listed coordinates - who knows how many looked and looked and didn't post a DNF. The lucky ones had a neighbor point them in the right direction or had access to others' logs. I can see why the cache was archived. I do feel for the CO since it sounds like there was something interesting at GZ that related to the cache's name, but I feel more for the poor families who had a frustrating experience.

Pulling out of the sport seems overly dramatic assuming there was no serious harassing done by the OP in the past. Her comments about her "disabled children" and "a mother and her children" make me feel less sympathy for her rather than more. No one (irregardless of gender or parenting status) should be harassed, nor by the same token, be allowed to break the rules others are expected to follow.

It's interesting she is announcing her plan to ask for a refund on her premium membership as though Groundspeak.com didn't provide what she paid for :) Also surprised by her nudge nudge wink wink comment on her cache description admitting her cache's real location was breaking the rules.

And all that said, I agree there is a polite diplomatic way to go about alerting CO'ers about issues with their cache. That said, I don't consider posting a NM or NA when a CO has not responded for months to a serious issue to be either impolite or harassing. In this case, we simply don't know what may have happened in the past that upset this lady.

I found a cache in which the coordinates were of by 60 feet. So I mentioned this in my log with better coordinates. I was the third person to make this comment, but I was the only that cache owner got pissed off at. This what they wrote.

JohnnyVegas,

Leave me alone. Leave my family alone. I don't know why you feel the need to continue harassing us. I thought that this would be a great sport for me and my disabled children but you refuse to leave me alone. You win, I will stay far away from your sport. After the distasteful correspondence that you have sent me why else would you seek out my last cache? Leave a mother and her children alone. This cache will be permanently archived and I will be contacting Groundspeak for a refund of our premium fees.

If you try to contact me again via private email I will report you to your Internet provider, Groundspeak and IC3. Just stay away.

I am not including the cache GC number, the reviewer does not want people using the cache page for a forum, so please do not post anything on the page.

It appears, from what we've been told here,* that the CO may not have realized that every log is forwarded as an email. It seems she got two logs sent to her, and assumed that Johnny Vegas was sending these to her personal email.

Ah maybe this is the case. I had something similar happen to me. I edited my comment on the RSVP to a meetup I was in a few times within a few mins (I had NO idea the organizer would receive an email each time) and got a nasty email from the organizer of the event who assumed I was spamming her personal email. The comment I was editing (b/c I'm a grammar perfectionist) had to do with asking if my hubby could be added as my guest if a spot opened up, and she assumed I was directly emailing her three times in a row to "beg" for my hubby to be added as my guest lol :) I got this awful email going on about my immaturity and harassing nature :D

Edited by Opalblade

It appears, from what we've been told here,* that the CO may not have realized that every log is forwarded as an email. It seems she got two logs sent to her, and assumed that Johnny Vegas was sending these to her personal email.

Ah maybe this is the case. I had something similar happen to me. I edited my comment on the RSVP to a meetup I was in a few times within a few mins (I had NO idea the organizer would receive an email each time) and got a nasty email from the organizer of the event who assumed I was spamming her personal email. The comment I was editing (b/c I'm a grammar perfectionist) had to do with asking if my hubby could be added as my guest if a spot opened up, and she assumed I was directly emailing her three times in a row to "beg" for my hubby to be added as my guest lol :) I got this awful email going on about my immaturity and harassing nature :D

Wow, Meetup does that?

On this site, if you edit an existing log comment, no new email is generated, so you can correct grammar at will (I do this, too, plus add stuff I forgot, etc.). :huh: Owner emails are only generated for new logs.

Wow, Meetup does that?

On this site, if you edit an existing log comment, no new email is generated, so you can correct grammar at will (I do this, too, plus add stuff I forgot, etc.). :anicute: Owner emails are only generated for new logs.

Had me worried for a moment there. :huh: I've typed up log entries, hit save and only then noticed the glaring grammar or spelling error (most of these I blame on my keyboard, the one with the stuck keys.)

I must say that JohnnyVegas' logs on the cache in question are very appropriate, in my opinion, to a cache that has been reported by several finders as being 60 feet off. I would have done the same thing.

Yes, but would you use "distasteful correspondence"?

This is what I'd like to know. I've posted logs and sent messages informing COs regarding position and/or condition of their caches, but I keep a very diplomatic tone when doing so. Never had anyone write back and accuse me of harassment.

Fot the second time, There was no corospondence between me and the cache owner before I posted my log.

I found a cache in which the coordinates were of by 60 feet. So I mentioned this in my log with better coordinates.

Sometimes no matter what your intent, people take things the wrong way. I figure there must have been something going on that set the whole thing off. Sometimes it really was my fault. Sometimes I'm just willing to take the heat. I'm also willing to offer my hand in peace.

I have no idea what the real issue here is. Who is right, who is wrong?

What I mostly don't understand is why JV would start a thread about this?

Sure... it's interesting reading for us but... meh... I like to keep my problems private.

And is this really even a problem? cripes man... let it go...

I could understand you responding if the CO started a thread complaining about you.

I see no reason for you to start this thread. I also think you should email the CO and alert them to this thread so they have a chance to respond (even if they asked you not to(or is that what you are counting on?))

Fot the second time, There was no corospondence between me and the cache owner before I posted my log.
Watch that coffee, now, JV!

Coffee tends to give me gas.

Yes, they sent you a harassing e-mail that told you to stop sending them (nonexistent) harassing e-mails . Sounds like bait to me. Just let it go. I have received a few odd e-mails in the past which were similar and the best thing to do is to not react while you are angsty about it. Just let it go. Sit in the lotus position and close your eyes and breathe slowly. ohmmmm. :)

...or you could watch "Anger Management" which is a good movie, and sing the song from "West Side Story"

I feel pretty,

Oh, so pretty,

I feel pretty and witty and bright,

And I pity

Any cacher who isnt me tonight

...or not. :D

--puts gloves on to pet the sweaty thing--

Could be this could be that best but just let it gooo.

if you didn't message before on this then it could have been the automated emails to the cache owner and they mistook it as directly from you (dunno how but oh well)

if you did then easiest thing is stop and leave em alone.. simple.

of course there is also c- where the CO has a jealous BF or GF that just went through any messages she had and went off on anyone in the list. don't laugh happened to me once with a now EX.

even then LET IT GO MAN :) Its not worth it