Anyone else collect pins?

My name is not Betsy.

My geocaching hat is not covered with pins of all shapes and sizes - earthcaching pins and a Colorado benchmark pin, and a St. Joseph, MO Pony Express pin, and an original stash cache pin, and a southernmost point in the US pin, and a 9-11 pin... and a blue bow...

My geocaching hat does not hang on an old bowling pin when not in use.

I would post a picture of this non-existent hat of the not-Betsy, but a virus ate my OS (this part is true), and alas, the pictures are in danger.

One of most favorite things is opening a Cache and finding a new pin for the backpack!

I cant wait for the spring so we can start getting some more caches!!

anyways heres the collection so far. Its not much since we only just started in September.

039.JPG

No, but you know, it is spooky how much that picture looks like some wierd sort of astronaut with suspenders.

I've been collecting pins for almost 20 years now. Usually buy a souvenir pin when I visit a place. I don't know how many pins are there, a few hundred, and they cover 2/3 of a panel of onee of thos cloth panel room dividers that I use for display. Only a few are found in geocaches. I've left a bunch of pins in geocaches though - usually some interesting stuff I find on eBay.

Wife used to carry her pin collection around with her ALL the time. We meet in high school French class and her school bag use too way a ton empty. It was a messenger bag and the flap was literary covered in pins. Since i have known her we backpacked through eroupe, drove through north western USA, and south western Canada, she has been to the south pacific and south america, and she has picked up pins all along the way. Currently we have a fish bowl near full of pins. and she has found....2 from caching. more to come im sure, as we are heading to Vietnam and Korea in 3 months.

My name is not Betsy.

My geocaching hat is not covered with pins of all shapes and sizes - earthcaching pins and a Colorado benchmark pin, and a St. Joseph, MO Pony Express pin, and an original stash cache pin, and a southernmost point in the US pin, and a 9-11 pin... and a blue bow...

My geocaching hat does not hang on an old bowling pin when not in use.

I would post a picture of this non-existent hat of the not-Betsy, but a virus ate my OS (this part is true), and alas, the pictures are in danger.

sounds impressive, i wish i could see it :P

I only collect the pins i find in caches, i dont buy them from places i go LOL

Yes! We also collect pins - my favorite type of swag! I especially like to find pins with logos of geocaching clubs on them. I pin them to my big geocaching backpack, although it's gotten so heavy that I usually leave it in the car and carry a smaller bag when we get out to look for the caches!

I often order geocaching-themed pins from cafepress; they are pretty inexpensive if you order a quantity at a time. Our local geocacher club has their design for sale on cafepress, and I always take a bunch of them to leave as swag when we go on caching trips outside our own area.

Gift shops at tourist attractions often sell inexpensive pins; my limit to pay is $2.99 or less. They will fit as swag in the smaller type containers that are used most often in our urban area.

I like the banner idea of displaying pins that a previous poster showed; that is probably what I should do with my collection since it's getting a bit too much for the backpack.

Enjoy the game, and keep on "pinning!" :)