OREGON 400T

Jump on it with both feet. You can probably find one cheaper though if you look around. I have a 550t and love it. It was an upgrade from Garmin to replace a string of bad Colorado 400t's that I had the misfortune to own. Don't get me wrong, the Colorado 400t is a pretty good unit now. The earlier (bad) ones I owned were long before the bugs were ironed out.

Hurry, please tell me why not to buy this unit. I have been a Magellan owner for 6 years, but the current product line doesn't interest me. I'm close to buying the 400t I found at an unbelievably good price, $350.00, new not refurbed.

I have two Oregon 400t's ... you won't be disappointed. And at that price? For me it would be a no-brainer. ;)

Hurry, please tell me why not to buy this unit. I have been a Magellan owner for 6 years, but the current product line doesn't interest me. I'm close to buying the 400t I found at an unbelievably good price, $350.00, new not refurbed.

I LOVE mine. I got it a little over a week ago. Easy to use right out of the box. I also paid $100 less refurbished. ENJOY!

Oregon with over 200 finds and love it. It has bee dropped on cement, Dropped on rocks several times, fell in a river with me and still works flawlessly.

Good grief, you sure this geocaching thing is a healthy hobby for you? ;)

To the OP : it'll set you back $350 which can be spent on, say, beer. Sorry, that's the best I could come up with.

On a more serious note : with the 450 coming, you may want to wait for it instead. Prices of the 400t may drop even if you're not interested in the 450. Note : I said "may". Because if I'm that good with prediction, I'll be raking in millions from the stock market instead of posting here :blink:

I, too, own an Oregon 400t and love it, though it sounds like you're alreay made up your mind. However, I have a question for all the 400t owners who have already posted here.

I like the topo maps on the 400t, but they're not very good for on-road use. The main roads are pretty visible, but the smaller roads are nearly invisible, so it's not very useful for navigating to and from caches. Also, it has no routing information, so if I'm not familiar with the area, I'm stuck.

Is City Navigator what I'm looking for?

I, too, own an Oregon 400t and love it, though it sounds like you're alreay made up your mind. However, I have a question for all the 400t owners who have already posted here.

I like the topo maps on the 400t, but they're not very good for on-road use. The main roads are pretty visible, but the smaller roads are nearly invisible, so it's not very useful for navigating to and from caches. Also, it has no routing information, so if I'm not familiar with the area, I'm stuck.

Is City Navigator what I'm looking for?

Yes. And from what I've heard, you can also get the 24k maps. Alternatively, try the free routable maps at http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php