Newbie ready to go!

book.junkie

Hello all!! I am super excited to start geocaching!! I am 33yo mom to 2 heathens! My new geomate jr arrived today and I am going to try and hit my first cache in the morning!!

Cheers :)

Shell

Hehe...your gonna have fun! Man! I wish gps had been around when my two were young.I had them camping from an early age and they loved it,the"hunt" would have been the perfect activity to go with that............thinking about nice cache trade items.......sigh....thinking about the "treasures they found"that absolutely had to come in the tent at night........... ;)....i'm back!I think it will be a huge hit with them!

Enjoy!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Everyone!!! I'm going to go out a few times on my own cause i'd hate to get lost with 2 kids... LOL!!! I'm in East KY if any one would like to do some cachein' together!!

We've got an active local group you might want to check out Big Sandy Area Geocachers. Unfortunately the forum seems to be down at the moment but I'm sure our webmaster is on the ball and it'll be back up soon. We have an event of some kind or another pretty much every month. Drop on by, in the forum or live. ;)

Hi. Congrats on getting your Geomate Jr.. I'm a HUGE fan of Geomate Jrs. and I love mine. I've got another GPSr that has all the bells and whistles (well most), but there are still times when my Jr. is a better option than pulling out my "better" GPSr.

Like others I'm sure your children will love geocaching. The only advice I'll give you is don't forget when you park your car to mark it's position as "Home" on your Jr. that way if you get a bit turned around and confused about where you parked you can have Jr. take you "Home" and it will point you towards your car's location. Have fun and welcome to the game!!!! ;)

We've got an active local group you might want to check out Big Sandy Area Geocachers. Unfortunately the forum seems to be down at the moment but I'm sure our webmaster is on the ball and it'll be back up soon. We have an event of some kind or another pretty much every month. Drop on by, in the forum or live. B)

OK I checked out the site and the forums and I can read them but I cant join... it won't send me the activation email... bummer! I'll try to make it to the next "live" event! Well i'm off to a football game... GO CARDS!! LOL!!

Oh yeah and HUGE props to the shop here, I ordered my geomate monday and it was here thursday!!

Shell ;)

We've got an active local group you might want to check out Big Sandy Area Geocachers. Unfortunately the forum seems to be down at the moment but I'm sure our webmaster is on the ball and it'll be back up soon. We have an event of some kind or another pretty much every month. Drop on by, in the forum or live. B)

OK I checked out the site and the forums and I can read them but I cant join... it won't send me the activation email... bummer! I'll try to make it to the next "live" event! Well i'm off to a football game... GO CARDS!! LOL!!

Oh yeah and HUGE props to the shop here, I ordered my geomate monday and it was here thursday!!

Shell ;)

Hmm, I'll drop the webmaster a note.