Html to GPX

gui look

i have a problem. i am not a member and i dont want to be one, but i whould like to know if there is a way of converting the info on a cache page in to GPX. i had a try and i thought maybe there is a program to convert HTML pages in to GPX.

so that's my question, Is there a program to convert HTML to GPX format withought being a member?

i have a problem. i am not a member and i dont want to be one, but i whould like to know if there is a way of converting the info on a cache page in to GPX. i had a try and i thought maybe there is a program to convert HTML pages in to GPX.

so that's my question, Is there a program to convert HTML to GPX format withought being a member?

Not without violating the terms of use...

5. Access and Interference

Much of the information on the Site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Groundspeak by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or (B) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.

So I must further ask the question. Why do you not want to be a member? I can't understand the folks that want to whine and cry about $30 for a premium membership and the extras that it has. It's 8.2 cents per day spread out over a year. Besides, it helps keep the lights on and the servers running, so why not?

Why would you want to do that?

Well, you could download the LOC file from the cache page and then use EasyGPS to convert the file to GPX format. Note that it will not have all the information on the cache page.

If you want GPX files from the cache page, you must be a Premium Member.

Is that the same thing as converting HTML to GPX format? I apologize for being so thick brained on this but what is the OP trying to accomplish, bottom line?

Well, you could download the LOC file from the cache page and then use EasyGPS to convert the file to GPX format. Note that it will not have all the information on the cache page.

Is that the same thing as converting HTML to GPX format? I apologize for being so thick brained on this but what is the OP trying to accomplish, bottom line?

Not it's not the same thing. But it's the closest they can get within the TOS. They can get the cache information in GPX format. But, as I stated, the GPX file will not have all the information on the cache page.

There's no way to do what the OP is asking.

As Lil Devil has inquired, not sure exactly what the OP is trying to accomplish other than not becoming a "member".

Not it's not the same thing. But it's the closest they can get within the TOS. They can get the cache information in GPX format. But, as I stated, the GPX file will not have all the information on the cache page.

There's no way to do what the OP is asking.

As Lil Devil has inquired, not sure exactly what the OP is trying to accomplish other than not becoming a "member".

Thank you. Perhaps the OP will clarify.

Much of the information on the Site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Groundspeak by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or (:D interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.

So I must further ask the question. Why do you not want to be a member? I can't understand the folks that want to whine and cry about $30 for a premium membership and the extras that it has. It's 8.2 cents per day spread out over a year. Besides, it helps keep the lights on and the servers running, so why not?

The thing is that i dont go out geocaching evry day, i do 2 or 3 caches 2 in 2 weeks and i am not paying for a year if im only going to go out geocaching a few times in a year. yes i know that there is a 3 month membership but it is more expensive than the 1 year. i think that the year membership should change and you pay for a year but instaid of a year, you only pay for each day you use a primium membership featchure. there for you can use 360days of primium membership but not restricticly betwen like 3-9-2009 and 3-9-2010 the membership should expire after you have used 360days of a membership feature.

thanks.

ps: does anyone want to give me a gifte certificat or a delorme GPS porchus code B) im availible at any time!

Edited by gui look

Much of the information on the Site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Groundspeak by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or (:D interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site.

The thing is that i dont go out geocaching evry day, i do 2 or 3 caches 2 in 2 weeks and i am not paying for a year if im only going to go out geocaching a few times in a year. yes i know that there is a 3 month membership but it is more expensive than the 1 year. i think that the year membership should change and you pay for a year but instaid of a year, you only pay for each day you use a primium membership featchure. there for you can use 360days of primium membership but not restricticly betwen like 3-9-2009 and 3-9-2010 the membership should expire after you have used 360days of a membership feature.

thanks.

ps: does anyone want to give me a gifte certificat or a delorme GPS porchus code B) im availible at any time!

My wild quess is that you are going to be experiencing 'Premium' envy 365 days per year.

If you don't cache all that often I can understand not wanting to pay for membership. I think membership is well worth it though and I pay my dues.

Another option is to just use the loc files off the cache page for your GPS and then print the page if you want the rest of the info. For the amount of time that you are going to spend that might do the trick for you.

Another option is to build your own GPX I guess. From the way I read it as long as the process is not automated you are legal. Notepad and cut-n-paste. :D If you look at the time it might take buying a membership might be cheaper.

If you don't cache all that often I can understand not wanting to pay for membership. I think membership is well worth it though and I pay my dues.

Another option is to just use the loc files off the cache page for your GPS and then print the page if you want the rest of the info. For the amount of time that you are going to spend that might do the trick for you.

Another option is to build your own GPX I guess. From the way I read it as long as the process is not automated you are legal. Notepad and cut-n-paste. :blink: If you look at the time it might take buying a membership might be cheaper.

ok so i can make my own GPX file, ok but what do i type as a code. can anyone have a look at a GPX code and tell me what to put in! thanks

Another option is to build your own GPX I guess. From the way I read it as long as the process is not automated you are legal. Notepad and cut-n-paste. :blink: If you look at the time it might take buying a membership might be cheaper.

ok so i can make my own GPX file, ok but what do i type as a code. can anyone have a look at a GPX code and tell me what to put in! thanks

Or you could spend a few moments with the google and search for "gpx editor".

thanks.

ps: does anyone want to give me a gifte certificat or a delorme GPS porchus code :huh: im availible at any time!

Having a daily membership could turn into a real mess. Like Cpl.Klinger said it's 8.2 cents per day, that's probably the cheapest part of caching. What else can you do for 8.2 cents a day?

gui look - check your email.

There is nothing in my e-mail.

what did you send?

Your now a Premium member..........and can download GPX files.

I have developed another level of respect for you. :D

Would it still be appropriate for me to ream him/her for wanting to cheat the system considering my wife wont let me keep my membership if I don't find enough pop bottles to pay for it? :laughing:

Yeah I know, Portuguese, but 21 euros shouldn't be that difficult to come up within a year. :laughing:

That was very nice of you StarBrand.. Big applause.

But on the other hand. gui look in his profile page has a hooded GAP sweatshirt on. US price $29.

I can usually get a good quality hooded sweatshirt for 1/2 that price. I wish I could afford a GAP one..

Maybe an American put it in a drop box,it got bailed, shipped over seas, a local bought the bail at a euro a pound and sold that hoody to him for 3 euros. :laughing:

That was very nice of you StarBrand.. Big applause.

But on the other hand. gui look in his profile page has a hooded GAP sweatshirt on. US price $29.

I can usually get a good quality hooded sweatshirt for 1/2 that price. I wish I could afford a GAP one..

but thats not me it is my favorit cusin!!! hehe 1 point for gui look :D