3 Days of Peace and Music Cointest

kini_ont

69-08-1520Woodstock201.jpgposter03.gif

Well it is early Friday morning (on the other side of the world) and today marks the 40th anniversary of Woodstock; do you remember where you were?

Ok first, many in these forums will not admit to remembering or possibly mention that they weren’t even born yet, but this event had become a unification of youth, not just in the USA but around the world and 40 years later; I’ll let you fill that in later!

The summer of ‘69 found me working in a brick factory, on a line; piece work so the work was hard. The teenagers gathered at lunch, it was a little solitude to be with others of the same interests and it was here that I got to know a fellow music lover. In fact he had a band that performed locally, and who like Jim Morrison and others used (on stage) what our fathers called offensive language (I guess it still is but more tolerated) and this was his punishment (“Get a job son! And grow up a man” I believe were the words the judge said to him). :rolleyes:

When August rolled around, he told me of a music festival in upper New York, how the world would gather and that I should go with them. Of course being 17 and thinking of all the consequences of leaving in the middle of the night, because that’s the only way I would have gotten out; I stuck to the hard labour. But I remember and wonder of what could have been; lead guitarist for the Dead, drummer for Santana (hey, I believe he was only 16) a roadie for CSN&Y (carrying their towels), oh lofty dreams I grant you but that’s what dreams are for.

So the cointest is for you to tell me about August 1969, what did you do? What did your parents do? Is there a favourite band, music or picture (movie or still) that came from the 60/70’s? If you were in another part of the world and the music and video of Woodstock was shown, what was it like? I can remember go to see the movie with a packed house, not a seat available, this was also where I learned of what I had missed. :D

Tell us a story and if chosen you will win a trackable unactivated geocoin of my choosing, and as always have fun after all its 3 days of peace & music and love and if you get a chance, listen to a tune or two, help your fellow man and "peace to you all" :D

woodstock_poster.jpg

I was just 5 weeks old and my dad was getting ready to go back to sea, so neither he nor my mother was thinking of heading off to Woodstock. Besides, the Beatles was about is rock n' roll as my dad got, and mom has always been a jazz/classical fan.

I always think that I should have been born in the 50's so that I could have grown up with the music of the 60's (except I would have ended up thinking NIN and such bands are too loud :rolleyes: ). I have owned the Woodstock soundtrack in album, tape and CD format, and have worn them all out. My favourite performances are Sly and the Family Stone, Country Joe and the Fish, and The Who.

Well nice cointest, id like to learn ya some info I know of,,

Its not about rock music but think you may find it very insteresting.

This was the time house music was being developed, a person by the name of larry levan was the first well knowen dj to mix house records, he was from newyork, and had his own followers like the dead heads, these folowers are now knowen as old heads. There is a lot to say about this, and I don't wanna be wrong so ill post more when I can get home to reference my notes about this. House music then is very different from the house music we know now. It usually consisted of a well knowen singer and a more upbeat tempo. By 1970 it had hit the top clubs in newyork, clubs like studio 54, the whearhouse and a few others this was knowen as the dance movement. People from all over would come togeather in one place for the same reason, the music, when they were dancing it did not matter who you were or where you came from, everyone was united by the dance revolution. The music!!

People at that time couldent get enuff, it was like their release to go to the whearhouse and dance to house music. They would dance all night long. United by music,larry took a spotlight in the movement and would come in at 1 am and the whole place would just go crazy. Ill reference my notes and post more after work. Again awesome cointest!

Hey Kini,

Great Idea for a cointest.

I was only a little girl, Osmond Brothers Fan So I was probabally singing into a spool of thread on a pencil in front of the mirror singing,

" Down By The Lazy River " LOL!!! Seriously!!

I do have the Documentary on tape , Though!!!!

But, KD1EJ remembers and is heading down to NY to the farm , with his buddy, tomorrow for the anniversary!!!

ROCK ON , BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

I was 11 years old on that Aug. I was an ex-pat living in Italy worried that the War was going to keep on going and take me in when I was going to be old enough. Besides that the only memories/thoughts I had of my homeland were the occasional Xmas visits to my grandfather's place in Wisconsin (loved the snow). So the actual music festival went by without my knowing. But when the record came out I had to have it. Richie Havens, Canned Heat, Arlo Guthrie, Santana, CSN&Y, Jefferson Starship to name those I remember became staples in my room (Jimi Hendrix I couldn't quite figure out). I used to play the Canned Heat track... "give me an F - give me a U....." as loud as my little record player could handle when I was trying to impress some of the neighbours walking down the street. :rolleyes::D

When the movie came out (Italian release) I must have been 13-14 years 'coz I remember that first billboard like it was yesterday and went to see it several times (at the English speaking movie theater though my grasp of English was nearly all gone by then) to sing along, to see the nekid people and just daydream about life in the States or even taking that ride upstate in NY and just blow their little rural minds. With all the hatred coming out of rural America today a repeat would be welcome relief.

Thanks for posting the poster.... that kicked up some nostalgia.

Cool, contest, made me think and remember...

I was 13 and this week 40 years ago I was at summer camp just south of the Sawtooth Wilderness Area in Central Idaho. By a river fresh off a glacier and cold cold cold. Kokanee Salmon in the river.

An hour north by bumpy road from the nearest "civilization".

The sky was like black velvet strewn with diamonds. And every year this time is the Pleides Meteor Shower.

We lay on our backs in the sagebrush all night long watching meteors shower down, racing across the black velvet.

GCP6WR is just south of the area on the same cold cold river.

:wub: WOW this great I love reading everyones adventures or almost adventure, Opalsns if KD1EJ checks in (and I not sure why with little sister :D ) tell him to find a computer and post in on what's happening, I assume he's going to Bethel Woods - Richie Havens, 10 Years After (will be there 40 years after :D ) and Levon Helms ( there's a barn he ownes & plays at I hear) oh so want to be there again.

Oh I almost forgot Country Joe MacDonald and Canned Heat - 1 more time for Droo CJ ..... :rolleyes:

DJ I'd love to hear the rest of the story and Toojin, so cool (done that myself, not in the Rocky's but in Northern Ontario - love it Keep Them Comin' Folks

3 Days Man - 3 Days :D

Oh.... I can write stories about 1969 in Greece! Of course, I was not even in my parents dreams at that time! I was born in 1975! :D

My parents were married in 1968, and in 1969, my sister was born!

things in Greece were not the best! we had Hounta! In case you do nto know what this is.... we had the colonels rulling!

Greece was not going well! all the time we had elections, and in 1967, some colonels of the army made a revolution and created a goverment!

The king (at that time we had King!) couldn't do a lot of things! The colonels closed the parliament and many politicians were taken in prison!

things were so bad! Fear was everywhere! greek secret service, police, the army (I am talking about the high officers!!!), were doing what ever they wanted! Many were taken in exile, in islands, many were tortured in prisons just becasue they didn't like the hounta or they were comunists, or police thought they were!

Everything was under control! Radios, TV, (not many houses had TV!!!), music, songs... EVERYTHING!!!!

I will mention something about 1967 if that is ok....so you can see how things were in greece! 4 days before the Hounta, Rolling Stones were in Athens for a concert! This concert stoped in the middle when policemen started beating the people who were in the stadium!!!

Songs that police or the goverment thought that they had secret messages in them were not alloed to hear! Music and songs from great composers like Thodorakis, were not allowed!!! Thodorakis was in exile in an island too!

Just to make you understand about the songs.... there was one that its lyrics were something like that (I do not remember the words exactly)....

I will climp, and I will sing, In the tallest mountain

and in the solitude you can hear my pain coming out of my music

It was a love song for a lost love....

This song was not alloed because it was saying about mountains and that he was going up there!!!!!!

Their logic and according to them, the secret message...

the song says about men who will go up on the mountains to fight the hounta!!! So they are comunists, rebels, bad people!

So, you can understand how things were!!!!

Propaganda was in its highs at that time! Hounta was powerfull!

If someone was against them... his life and his family was in danger!!!! You were paying in blood!

Mini skirts or long hair were not allowed! Of course some "heroes" were trying and they were dressed like that!

Hippy's were not something very good in that days! People thought that they were bad people, dirty, that only were taking drugs and had sex! Of course... I do not know about 1969!!! I do not think they were any at that time in Greece!

the goverment had pepers for everyone! Huge envelopes to know if you were a communist, or you were supporting the good (always according to them)! So things were only in black and white! No gray at all!!! If you had a grandfather who may had something to do with communism or he was a friend with a communist.... the whole family was doomed!!! their papers were marked!!!!

TV was under military authority! It showed only propaganda things, what the colonels did, where they went, what they created... and they also showed things that we had to see, according to them!

Everythings had to be patriotic, to show that Greece was a great nation etc! Otherwise.. there were some old american films to see, but all were firstly checked!!!

During the 7 years of the colonels, they even changed things in the language! all had to be in the old greek language! Not the ancient but something very close to it! It was the formal language of Greece!

anyway... you know now a little about how things were in greece!

I do not think my parents even know about woodstock! I can not be 100% sure! Maybe the radio or the TV shoed something but only as an anti war of Vietnam event....

I do not even know if they had a TV! I think they had but... I am not so sure!

Greeks in that days when they had time and money to spent they were dancing and going to clubs... they were listening music from records or the famous transistors.... :rolleyes:

Seik, rock n roll sometimes, twist, and slow songs! there were some great greek songs and music too, from Zambetas (bouzouki)....Olympians (team singers and music players)...

Now... just for the record... hounta fell in 1974 -75, when students from Polytechneio (one ofthe universities) in athens closed the doors, stayed inside, and they were yelling against the goverment and the hounta! mottos, papers, were everywhere so other people to go out in the streets and to "drop" this bad goverment! They even made a private radio station!!! the end was not good! an army tank broke the main door of the univercity! the door had students on it!!! Many were killed or wounded! Others were arrested..... But this was the begining of the end for hounta! Then we had the Cyprus war (with Turks).... and everything colllapsed! Democracy came back, and one of the greatest greek symbols, the phoenix, that hounta used as the rebirth of the nation, became the most hated symbol in greece!

And that...even if Phoenix was the first symbol Kapodistrias, the first governor of the free greece in 1928, used in the coins to symbolize the rebirth of the nation!!!

Sorry for my long post, and sorry if I was writing mostly general and not fo the exact date! After all I was not there, and I just wanted to make you understand how things were in Greece! :D

Sorry.. I forgot to mention something!

when I said about exile in islands....

Most of the islands were without any people living there! the whole island was a huge camp, a prison! things were very bad, the food the conditions.....

Islands like tat were Giaros, Makronisos...

Some other islands had people living! Of course the prisoners were in an area far away, and if by any chance you were meeting anyone out (police were taking them to do something! Some of the prisoners were painters, poets, doctors....), you were not allowed even to say a good morning to them, and they were not allowed even to see you!!!!!

Islands like that were mostly in the borders of Greece!

Some of them.... Agios Efstratios, Leros....

:rolleyes:

King Of Greece, tried to make his own revolution take the power again from the colonels and make things right, but failed! Spies knew his moves! He managed to escape and went to an other country! So, we stoped having a king and a "democracy" came!!! what a democracy.... with Hounta to rule.... :D

In 1975 after the fall of hounta, we had the real democracy!

Edited by GATOULIS

Back then I was nothing but a twinkle in my mum's eye. But I've always been an old soul, so who knows? Maybe I'm Janis?

Growing up with 'hippie' friends..those outside the norm I DO remember the first time seeing footage of Woodstock (about 1989), well especially Jimi and Janis. I was mesmerized!

We had a friend out at the farm where I grew up, we'll call him Al :rolleyes: who grew up in New York and who got there as Woodstock was ending. He was one of many who cleaned up after the huge festival.

ok so now after referencing my notes i can jumble a long shorting of that , consering house music. my note are a bunch of clips from wb sites and a movie that came out telling about the big house music boom.

Levan was openly gay and got his start alongside DJ Frankie Knuckles at the Continental Baths, as a replacement for the DJ from The Gallery. Levan's DJing style was influenced by Nicky Siano's eclectic style, and by The Loft's David Mancuso, who briefly dated Levan in the early 1970s. As Knuckles was still trying to make his way in the New York club scene, Levan became a popular attraction perhaps due to his "diva persona", which he developed in the city's notoriously competitive black drag "houses".

Levan was offered a residency at the Paradise Garage. Although owner Michael Brody, who employed Levan at the defunct Reade Street, intended to create a downtown facsimile of Studio 54 catering to an upscale white gay clientele, Levan initially drew an improbable mix of streetwise blacks, Latinos, and punks.

As the popularity of the Garage soared in the mid-1980s just as many of his longtime friends lost their battles with AIDS, Levan became increasingly dependent upon PCP and heroin. While performing, he began to ensconce himself within a protective entourage of drag queens and younger acolytes. As beat-matching and stylistic adherence became the norm among club DJs, Levan's loopy sets elicited criticism from some quarters. Nevertheless, he remained at the vanguard of dance music; recordings of Levan's later sets at the Garage demonstrate his affinity for the insurgent sounds of Chicago house and hip-hop.

In September 2004, Levan was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame for his outstanding achievement as a DJ.

now...

David Mancuso is the creator of the famous "by invitation only" parties in New York City which have come to be known as "The Loft". The first such party was held in 1970 and was called "Love Saves The Day". Prior to that, he was playing records for his friends on a semi-regular basis as early as 1966, and these parties became so popular that by 1971 he and Steve Abramowitz, who worked the door, decided to do this on a weekly basis Mancuso is a pioneer in that he carefully thought out and refined his concept of "private party", as distinct from the more overtly commercial business model of the nightclub. In the early '70s, Mancuso prevailed after one of longest ever administrative trials of the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs found that he was not selling food or beverages to the public and so was exempt from the need for a NYC "Cabaret License". Mancuso's success at keeping his parties "underground" and "legal" at the same time was an inspiration to other music entrepreneurs and DJs

September 19, 2005 Mancuso was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame for his outstanding achievement as a DJ.

On December 23, 2006 a nightclub named after Mancuso opened in Tuebingen, southern Germany.

theres alot to tell so im just tring to sum stuff up so you understand whos -who

House is uptempo music for dancing, although by modern dance music standards it is mid-tempo, generally ranging between 118 and 135 bpm. Tempos were slower in house's early years. This pattern is derived from so-called "four-on-the-floor" dance drumbeats of the 1960s and especially the 1970s disco drummers. Producers commonly layer sampled drum sounds to achieve a more complex sound, and they tailor the mix for large club sound systems, de-emphasizing lower mid-range frequencies (where the fundamental frequencies of the human voice and other instruments lie) in favor of bass and hi-hats. Early house producers like Frankie Knuckles created similar compositions from scratch, using samplers, synthesizers, sequencers, and drum machines.

The main key DJ involved with the evolution of this style of music was Larry Levan

The music was slow, sexy, loose, riff-oriented and danceable. Funky typically described these qualities rather than a distinct genre. In jam sessions, musicians would encourage one another to "get down" by telling one another, "Now, put some stank ("stink"/funk) on it!" At least as early as 1907, As late as the 1950s and early 1960s, when "funk" and "funky" were used increasingly in the context of Soul music, the terms still were considered indelicate and inappropriate for use in polite company. According to one source, New Orleans-born drummer Earl Palmer "was the first to use the word "funky" to explain to other musicians that their music should be made more syncopated and danceable.

By mid-1960s, James Brown had developed his signature groove that emphasized the downbeat – with heavy emphasis on the first beat of every measure to etch his distinctive sound, rather than the backbeat that typified African American music Brown often cued his band with the command "On the one!," changing the percussion emphasis/accent from the one-two-three-four backbeat of traditional soul music to the one-two-three-four downbeat – but with an even-note syncopated guitar rhythm

Brown's innovations pushed the funk music style further to the forefront with releases such as "Cold Sweat" (1967), "Mother Popcorn" (1969) <<<

I have much more to tell but , not much more time....to keep me in the cointest i did find this...

In the late 1960s nationalist grievances were aired publicly in mass civil rights protests, which were often confronted by loyalist counter-protests.[69] The Government's reaction to confrontations was seen to be one-sided and heavy-handed, and law and order broke down as unrest and inter-communal violence increased.[70]

In August 1969, the regional government requested that the British Army be deployed to aid the police, who were exhausted after several nights of serious rioting. In 1970, the paramilitary Provisional IRA, which favoured the creation of a united Ireland, was formed and began a campaign against what it called the "British occupation of the six counties". Other groups, on both the unionist side and the nationalist side, participated in the violence and the period known as "The Troubles" began, resulting in over 3,600 deaths over the subsequent three decades

thanks for the cointest i hope you learned alot about the house music that was started during that time frame and had the same goals as the woodstock, just on a weekly basis.

edit: just incase anyone other then the mods are wondering what house music has to do with the summer of 69,, this is when big names like james brown, and lerry levan became well knowen and house music was being developed,, the above is a real breif history on house music. as far as i understand my post dosent have to be about woodstock,, am i right kini??

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Ah, 1969 a pivotal year in my life. I became engaged in April and graduated from college in May. In June, I took my state exam to become a Registered Professional Nurse. Back then the exam was 2 1/2 full days of testing - filling in little black circles to answer the questions in a book. You did not get the results for about 2 1/2 months and they were mailed to you. Once the envelope came, you knew because it either said RN after your name or it did not.

My life after school had begun. I was hired as a Graduate Nurse in May. Working for what was then Eastern Maine General Hospital (now Eastern Maine Medical Center). The reality of what a nurse did really hit home as I went through orientation. Charge nurse on a floor meant you were directing and controling the destiny of the lives on your floor in a way. I began work in July - right after the 4th and taking boards. It was then, although I had not chosen to enlist in the military, I had an appreciation for their responsiblity. At 20 years old, it was a bit scary to think how your actions, or lack thereof, were so pivotal to a person's destiny.

Obviously, my employer believed in my ability or I would not have been hired. In September, I received my envelope with the coveted RN after my name. During that summer, I had no time to think about Woodstock. Although, I did have several classmates who went and a few friends from high school who went, too. August that year was a blurr and very busy - with transitioning into the new job, setting up a new apartment, and preparing for my wedding in November.

I wasn't much into the music scene or really any scene during my years after high school. I was busy with studying, hanging out with friends at the lake in the summer or working. Oh, I did enjoy going to a local night spot with a local band or out for a drink after work and to dance. My favorite spot was the "Sand Pit" in Bar Harbor ME where a local band, "The Jesters", played on a regular basis. The floor to dance on was beach sand. One of my neighbors was in the band and went on to play with several bands out of Nashville. He played with and composed for the Marty Robbins band for the last 4 years of Marty's life. He actually now owns a studio in California. This fellow was my neighborhood bud and co-high school band member. I loved following his career after college.

My father retired in 1969 after working 40 years for the Bangor and Aroostook Railroad. He was looking forward to retirement and spending the summer at our camp with my Mom. I, his only child, had graduated from college - he could now retire. He and Mom were happy I was establishing a life of my own. I think, they too, were also thankful I had not enlisted. Recruiting was hot and heavy with the nurses in college during the '68-'69 year. I probably would have enlisted had it not been for a boyfriend/fiance'.

Having lost my first "real" boyfriend in the Viet Nam War in 1965, I was of course concerned about the War. Two of my nursing instructors in college were military veterans and real tough professors - but I am all the better for having them. My clinical in psychiatric nursing was a full summer working at the Veteran's Center here in Maine. From the Nam war to WW1 - the veterans spaned all eras. Our clinical instructor was a Veteran, too. This lent a different slant on that experience. Several of my classmates enlisted and became officers.

Movies and other things.........well, I wasn't a movie person - although there were still a couple of real theatres operating in our town back then. Instead of movies, I would go out driving, out to a local dance or down to my parents camp on the lake to just hang out or float in the boat.

Well, I didn't make Woodstock. But, I did enjoy the summer of 1969. My personal life as an adult began to emerge that summer, as I was no longer living with my folks and had full time employment and a paycheck.

Thanks for the memories and the cointest!

DaNang, RVN not far from GC1NWAV. At least that is where I slept. Ventured north of there almost daily. My companions and I didn't think too highly of Woodstock at the time. Although we did enjoy most of the music.

Bless you and thank you for your service! Although it may not have been voluntary - you all are and were the best!

DaNang, RVN not far from GC1NWAV. At least that is where I slept. Ventured north of there almost daily. My companions and I didn't think too highly of Woodstock at the time. Although we did enjoy most of the music.

Bless you and thank you for your service! Although it may not have been voluntary - you all are and were the best!

YES indeed and also to those who today are far away from their homes and families, we thank you

Not a very pretty place at the end of 3 days. Looking at it now, one could never imagine the impact Woodstock had on all People , Places and Things in that area, let alone the world.

I'm not sure , but I think everyone was shooting for the same goal, Just in different ways.

Opalsns

Let's see... in 1969 I was not even thought of. As a matter of fact, my mother was being made. As sick as it may sound, my mother was a direct result of the "summer of love", therefore I was an indirect result of the summer of love.

Although I was born in 87, I still respect much of the music produced during the late 60's and early 70's. I grew up listening to Jimi... furiously trying to replicate any type of sound that he could make on his lefty strat with my righty strat. It took years for me to realize that his sound could not be duplicated... but I still learned the rhythm sections of his songs. "red House", "The wind cries Mary", and "little wing" are my favorites. It is amazing how much Jimi contributed to our culture, our understanding, and our amazement of music. I always thought that it was funny that he was in Airborn in Army... he really was crazy.

And... how could you go wrong with the Who? Name one other band that has had the impact of the Who and has somehow remained together. It is very difficult. Though Moon is no longer with us, his spirit still remains. "behind Blue Eyes" was one of my favorite songs as a kid.

Santana is another great musician who is still making great music. "Evil Ways" is a song that we would play in high school in the band... or attempt to play after school on our preferred instruments. Woodstock really helped spark Carlos' career.

I might not be able to relate directly to Woodstock because, well, I'm not of age. I've always had a respect for art... and crazy people. So, I think that I would have fit in pretty well. I didn't even have a chance to go to my generation's "Woodstock '99" because of the whole age thing. It looked like a great time until they started throwing poo and lighting things on fire. But, yeah Im sure that I would have had a great time there too. It seems as though one of the great things that I have become over my life so far is ecclectic. I know what I like... but I'm not afraid to try new things. I think that is one of the key establishments of Woodstock.

Thanks, Goose

:laughing: Thanks Goose

Glad to see music cross all generations I know it goes in our family as well.

Jimmy put on quite the show but it almost never happened, he was paid $ 32K, twice the amount of the next highest paid act. His manager was really asking for more (the show previous was a 100K) but when he (they) realized how big Woodstock was going to be, they wanted to be in the show.

I myself always thought that "Animal" of the Muppets fame was based on the druming and antics of Keith Moon of the Who. You've got great taste when it comes to music :anicute: .

Thanks for sharing

Edited by kini_ont

Not a very pretty place at the end of 3 days. Looking at it now, one could never imagine the impact Woodstock had on all People , Places and Things in that area, let alone the world.

I'm not sure , but I think everyone was shooting for the same goal, Just in different ways.

Opalsns

It was as beautiful place after 3 days

Hi Kini, yes was up at Bethel woods for the 40th, Richie Havens played Friday night,show was sold out , had tickets for saturday's show, beautiful day,sunny,highs in the 80's, my friend Whitey123 and I was there in 69,so this was our 40th reunion there, place has change. Country Joe , 10 years after, Mountain,Jefferson Starship,Big Brother and the Holding Co., Canned Heat ,Levon Helm and his band plus a couple other persons came on stage, show started at 5pm and ended 1:30 am, at my age I had a hard time staying up,since I don't pull all nighters any more, or maybe it was the Budweiser and the smoke, anyways, I wouldn't have miss this in the world, hope I'm alive in 10 years for the 50th,

Peace and Love,KD1EJ

Hi Kini, yes was up at Bethel woods for the 40th, Richie Havens played Friday night,show was sold out , had tickets for saturday's show, beautiful day,sunny,highs in the 80's, my friend Whitey123 and I was there in 69,so this was our 40th reunion there, place has change. Country Joe , 10 years after, Mountain,Jefferson Starship,Big Brother and the Holding Co., Canned Heat ,Levon Helm and his band plus a couple other persons came on stage, show started at 5pm and ended 1:30 am, at my age I had a hard time staying up,since I don't pull all nighters any more, or maybe it was the Budweiser and the smoke, anyways, I wouldn't have miss this in the world, hope I'm alive in 10 years for the 50th,

Peace and Love,KD1EJ

:D Great to have you back, thinking that 40 years ago we came close (had I gone) to meeting at Woodstock, drinking wine (or what ever we had) and sharing a smoke (yea right, I told my parents that I had been smoking those funny american cigarettes again :huh: ) But just like this past weekend work has kept me grounded.

Stay healthy and wise and at the 50th I'll be there to meet you for sure (you can even bring little sis if you want :rolleyes: we'll need someone to push us around)

Kini

FFFFFFFFFFFFF......

UUUPPPPMMMHHHH....

PPPPPFFFFFIIIIRRRRTTTT......

AAACCCCKKK......

Dun dun dun dun

ALRIGHT NOW!

Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize

Dun dun dun dun

I love you sweet leaf, though you can't hear

Dun dun dun dun

and soon the world will love you sweet leaf

WOOOOOO SOOOORRRRY DUDE

Well although back then I was not old enough to head to WoodStock Mom and Dad disappered for a bit....

And I had a little brother early 1970....MMMMMM......

I do seem to have a love for that era I am a big Zepplin Fan, The Who one of my fav's, Hendrix Star Spangled Banner WOOOOOW...

Not to metion the opportuniy to see CCR, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, The Dead, Joplin, Country Joe, Jefferson Airplane, and to top it off SHA-NA-NA......

Even if you were stright you would be flying high.....

Hey look its Mom and Dad

<The naked photo of Mom and Dad was removed by moderator, family friendly please. Private parts were showing.>

Click Click Bubble Bubble Bubble Bubble........

Suncatcher_Peace_Sign_K3058.jpg

Edited by Eartha

I just realized that I forgot the most important part a favorite poster from that era.....

I have a buddy who's Dad was a Howard Johnsons Manager, and in the Bar at the HoJo sat a picture that just caught my eye I had to have it.....

Well I finally got it when they shut the HoJo down, this is what was on the picture:

0000-0087.jpg

I still have this hidden in my basement, far from the kids view, and my Wifes cleaning whirlwinds.

Edited by The Finding Irish 4

Hah... love this pic from woodstock "2 more days of peace and music" in 1994

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view...;sigb=13bqgva4b

I would post... but I'm not sure if it would be considered "dirty" :D

:D:(:D:D:D

Your right very dirty :D good one

Also for those who have thought of posting now is the time

Dead line has been set - Friday Midnight EDT - A WINNER WILL BE PICKED (all names in a hat)

So even if you didn't attend or see or we're born yet just post something that happened 40 years ago to enter.

Thanks and enjoy the show (I have) :D

BTW the above mention image is suitable

Edited by kini_ont

1969 ... no summer of love for me I was 10. I remember watching the news on tv, black and white of course and seeing footage of Woodstock and all the flower people: the mud, the nudity, the crowds. Everyone talked about how cool it would be to have travelled to Woodstock.

Santana, Hendrix, Canned Heat, Janis Joplin, The Band, Joe Cocker, The Who, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Blood Sweat n Tears, Johnny & Edgar Winters. These artists were popular then and their music endures today.

here's a collection of YouTube clips from Woodstock ...enjoy!

No film or video but Janis' preamble to the crowd is sweet

{language disclaimer ... she says s**t}

musik22.gif

1969 ... no summer of love for me I was 10. I remember watching the news on tv, black and white of course and seeing footage of Woodstock and all the flower people: the mud, the nudity, the crowds. Everyone talked about how cool it would be to have travelled to Woodstock.

Santana, Hendrix, Canned Heat, Janis Joplin, The Band, Joe Cocker, The Who, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Blood Sweat n Tears, Johnny & Edgar Winters. These artists were popular then and their music endures today.

here's a collection of YouTube clips from Woodstock ...enjoy!

No film or video but Janis' preamble to the crowd is sweet

{language disclaimer ... she says s**t}

musik22.gif

ALL for $18.00 ticket in 69

:)

First I’d like to thank you all for submitting some interesting stories, historical information and pictures, a cointest doesn’t happen by itself it requires participants who are willing to give up some time and some effort and you all must be commended in doing this on this one. I really enjoyed coming to the forums to find a new submission daily (I even would take a peek at it from work when I knew the boss wouldn’t catch me).

So now everyone wants to know who won, right..................

Drum roll please................

Determined by random number selection, because I couldn’t decide, the winner is:

6a845ee7-8f64-446e-a88e-01bcabd242d.jpg

:) No not Whitey123, he didn’t enter, It’s the car, and I love it!!!!! But seriously the winner is :huh:

“Toojin” - will you email me your address and I’ll send you your coin,

Which coin you ask, well after some investigating I believe I have one you’re interested in and the rest will have to wait until you post it :blink:

Thanks again folks hope you enjoyed it as much as I have

:P:)

Congrats Toojin,

yup, That's a beautiful piece of art,...

and so is the car!! LOL!!

Hi KINI and Opalsns, that VW bug is beautiful, had a great time at woodstock, thanks for the woodstock cointest

Hey Whitey123 glad to see you've made it to the Forums, one can see you and KD1EJ had a great time and thanks :D

:) No not Whitey123, he didn’t enter, It’s the car, and I love it!!!!! But seriously the winner is :P

Wow cool !! I sent you an e-mail. I'm all atwitter about winning something !!

:ph34r: No not Whitey123, he didn’t enter, It’s the car, and I love it!!!!! But seriously the winner is :P

Wow cool !! I sent you an e-mail. I'm all atwitter about winning something !!

A Coin is on its way to you hope you enjoy it :o