Someone is stealing used golf balls!

I wnet today to do some routine maitnece on so me of my cache's and what do you know 9 out of 10 were missing the dirty used golf balls that were in the cache week ago I even added two more that I had CITOd from someone else' cache, and they were missing!

I don't know what's going on but I'm going to get to the bottom of this (Lol) This is an outrage!!!

I wnet today to do some routine maitnece on so me of my cache's and what do you know 9 out of 10 were missing the dirty used golf balls that were in the cache week ago I even added two more that I had CITOd from someone else' cache, and they were missing!

I don't know what's going on but I'm going to get to the bottom of this (Lol) This is an outrage!!!

Check your single sock drawer... the one full of mismatched socks where the mates disappeared in the dryer.

But I left a pencil in it's place! I traded up!

No, no, the exchange rate is two bottle caps and one short blunt pencil for a used golf ball.

AHA!!! GOTCHA! It's YOU, isn't it? You, who have been stealing those sweet vintage golf balls and replacing them with bottle caps and worn out pencils. I knew this thread would trap you!

So.... what part of town are you in? Wanna meet for coffee some time?

Edited by knowschad
AHA!!! GOTCHA! It's YOU, isn't it? You, who have been stealing those sweet vintage golf balls and replacing them with bottle caps and worn out pencils. I knew this thread would trap you!

So.... what part of town are you in? Wanna meet for coffee some time?

But.. but.. those are rare collector bottle caps - didn't you notice the Tibetan Soy Sauce bottle cap?

And proximity to you and a certain dairy product worries me for some strange reason...

This thread looks like it belongs in off-topic.

It does, doesn't it?

I don't think so. Golf balls and pencils going missing is a very serious topic and very geocaching related. Can you name another activity, other than golf, where golf balls and pencils play a central roll?

Jim

It does, doesn't it?

I don't think so. Golf balls and pencils going missing is a very serious topic and very geocaching related. Can you name another activity, other than golf, where golf balls and pencils play a central roll?

Jim

Putt-putt golf........

It does, doesn't it?

Jim

I could but this is a family forum.

You know, those golf balls are fully capable of moving about on their own. This young golf ball set off on a journey to track down her parents.

e854d9c8-c3c9-4c40-aec5-12d45397f9c9.jpg

Unfortunately, Dimples was lost forever after being taken into the care of a group of geocachers who haven't been out caching lately, apparently--though they do log in here now and again...

I had a micro cache a while back near a golf course that was a hollow golf ball.

to make it more interesting, I had about 6 real golf balls also hidden nearby, these had holes drilled into them, and were placed on sticks, they had the words "decoy, please don't steal" written on the bottom of them.

someone still stole all of those... why, I don't know. I'm not sure what use someone would have with a golfball that has a big hole in it, and "please don't steal" written on it.

gball.jpg

maybe those owners came to your caches when they discovered their balls were gone!