Forums are SCREAMING tonight

knowschad

What is different about things? I don't get it.

Posts are going through without problem. Threads opening practically as fast as you can click on 'em. A noticeable lack of waiting for the screen to do anything.

Posts are going through without problem. Threads opening practically as fast as you can click on 'em. A noticeable lack of waiting for the screen to do anything.

Man, just THINK of the angst and contrairiness we can post now!!! :)

Man, just THINK of the angst and contrairiness we can post now!!! :D

Give it a night. Lets just enjoy the speed for now. There is always time for angst tomorrow. :)

Man, just THINK of the angst and contrairiness we can post now!!! :D

Give it a night. Lets just enjoy the speed for now. There is always time for angst tomorrow. :)

No! I Want Angst NOW!!! :D

oh, ok. i guess i can wait :D

Some of the functions are not working on the forums. When I hit the "View New Posts" control at the top of the forum screen. I get this error message:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the administrator has taken the search engine offline for the moment. Please try again later."

I can only assume that this is a temporary problem due to the last statement in that error message.

I use Windows XP............ Firefox and will repeat on IE..........

Edited by kayak-cowboy

"Forums are screaming tonight..."

315QHPNBWBL._SL500_AA216_.jpg

:)

That sounds just a little bit frenetic? I think I'd prefer "...pootling like a well-oiled hamster wheel."

After yesterday when I couldn't get anywhere near them from 15:00hrs through to sometime after my bedtime (I felt so deprived :o ) today they're seeming much healthier, so thanks for that.

Yes, I noticed that the Search and Find-New-Posts functions are disabled but I'm hopeful that's just a temporary measure.

MrsB

Some of the functions are not working on the forums. When I hit the "View New Posts" control at the top of the forum screen. I get this error message:

It would be nice if "View New Posts" was turned back on.

Odd... its been working just fine for me all morning.

It does seem to be running a lot better now... I just read like 45 messages and posted two or three, not a single bomb!!!!

Good work whoever did it...

Lets see what it does tonight...

BTW, what was done???? Besides the obvious --A Fix--

Hmm, I just had a timeout about an hour ago. Maybe we should delay the presidential nomination for a little while :)

It is still better than it has been in a long time. Perhaps Secretary of State?

That's true. And it recovers a lot faster. I no longer get the "unable to create thread" message though I still get the occasional 45 second timeout.

Hmm, I just had a timeout about an hour ago. Maybe we should delay the presidential nomination for a little while :)

It is still better than it has been in a long time. Perhaps Secretary of State?

That's true. And it recovers a lot faster. I no longer get the "unable to create thread" message though I still get the occasional 45 second timeout.

I received two of those today. Used to be two of them every 90 minutes. I won't complain*

* For a while, that is. I reserve my right to resume complaining at any time, without notice. My lawyers made me say that.