USB cable for PC

I guess this question has risen its head more times on this forum than most things.

As I am very new to this sport I wouldn't have seen the forum questions before.

I have bought an EtrexH Hand held GPS

I dont have the connecting cable from my PC (USB) port to my hand hand devise.

Can anyone tell me please

(1) the make of the cable

(2) The internet site where I can buy one

(3) The price for the cable (Apprx)

(4) Are they worth buying

Thanks for any replies and I am really enjoying the sport

The other thing are there any events in the SE of the UK where other Geocatchers meet up

exchange ideas encourage new members swap or sell Geo items and just have a great

family day with like minded people.

Edited by etrexhmel

I'm sure someone techy will come along VERY soon, but they're well worth having as it means you don't have to sit and input all the coords by hand.... worth it just for that!!!!!

Well worth it, especially when you have a full day out caching - or a weekend away caching.

We bought one from here.

I originally got one from Hong Kong or somewhere via eBay but it didn't work :)

They are well worth having.

Be aware though that caches with seven characters in the GC code will get truncated and overwrite other ones.

(The way round this is to load waypoints into gsak and use %drop2 when exporting :D )

Even though we are paperless (MrsD uses an Oregon and I have a Mio P550), I still use the etrex between caches on long trails because the battery life is so good.

Mark

...The other thing are there any events in the SE of the UK where other Geocatchers meet up

exchange ideas encourage new members swap or sell Geo items and just have a great

Welcome to the fun and games, etrexhmel...

As I'm not "techie" I'll answer the last part of your post:

You can do a search for event caches in your area by using the Advanced Search page. Select "Event Cache", by "State/Country" (page refresh), then select "United Kingdom". If you "Search All" you'll get all the up-coming UK Events, or you can use the State/Province drop-down to narrow the search to a specific UK region.

MrsB

The other thing are there any events in the SE of the UK where other Geocatchers meet up

Have a look at SECACHING where a lot of cachers from your neck of the woods hang out, there are meets and events discussed on their forums