help! need to locate a cache owner in Victoria B.C.

addicted2popcorn

Hello all!,

I guess I am a newbie. I was jogging in my hometown of San Diego and found a TB that had been "lost" for 5 years according to it's log. I feel the need to help fulfill the original mission of this bug and get it going on it's way of seeing the world. I will be in Victoria British Columbia the first week of July. I do not own a GPS although I have thought it would be nice to geo-cache since I loved backpacking with geological topographic maps, but have not gotten into the training and equipment. I would like to meet up with someone in Victoria who has a cache that also allows TB so I can place Adventure Fish (edited by mod)in it, log where he is and hopefully someone else will take him further in his travels. How can I locate such a person to ask their permission to deposit him in the cache?

Addicted2popcorn

Edited by briansnat

I would like to meet up with someone in Victoria who has a cache that also allows TB so I can place Adventure Fish (edited by mod)in it, log where he is and hopefully someone else will take him further in his travels. How can I locate such a person to ask their permission to deposit him in the cache?

Addicted2popcorn

OK, this is a snarky reply, and doesn't exactly answer your question, but I almost don't think you need a GPS or anyone's help to find a cache in Victoria. Have you seen how many are there on Google maps? I think they pave their roads with geocaches! :laughing:

Edited by briansnat

I would like to meet up with someone in Victoria who has a cache that also allows TB so I can place Adventure Fish (edited by mod)in it, log where he is and hopefully someone else will take him further in his travels. How can I locate such a person to ask their permission to deposit him in the cache?

Addicted2popcorn

OK, this is a snarky reply, and doesn't exactly answer your question, but I almost don't think you need a GPS or anyone's help to find a cache in Victoria. Have you seen how many are there on Google maps? I think they pave their roads with geocaches! :laughing:

Very Snarky!

Edited by briansnat

Addicted2popcorn

I forgot to add that you are TOO new to this to be offering Snarky replies.

Edited by briansnat

Dear 9key,

Oopps! I see that the ID #was edited for me by the moderator. I have learned another etiquette rule. Sorry, I won't do that again!

I thought I had already "grabbed" Adventure Fish by posting on his tracking site that I had "located" him and where he was found. Is that not correct? If not, tell me what I should be doing to get it correct. Thanks.

addicted2popcorn

You should select either "retrived from xxx" or "grabbed from xxx" to put the TB in your inventory. With your background and the relative concentration of caches in that area, you might be able to find a cache using just compass, maps, and google earth.

Try looking for a cache with "TB hotel" in the name. They're usually fairly easy, located near real hotels, and big enough for trackable items. Do not look for anything listed as "small" or "micro".

Dear 9key,

Oopps! I see that the ID #was edited for me by the moderator. I have learned another etiquette rule. Sorry, I won't do that again!

I thought I had already "grabbed" Adventure Fish by posting on his tracking site that I had "located" him and where he was found. Is that not correct? If not, tell me what I should be doing to get it correct. Thanks.

addicted2popcorn

I read a Forum post this morning about the 3 different ways to log Geocoins. Can't find it now but there was "Grabbing" (which is what you do when someone has a Coin and hasn't dropped into a Cache), something else, & something else. Go to the Trackables page and see if you can find the answers there. Not much help! Good Luck.

Dear 9key,

addicted2popcorn

I read a Forum post this morning about the 3 different ways to log Geocoins. Can't find it now but there was "Grabbing" (which is what you do when someone has a Coin and hasn't dropped into a Cache), something else, & something else. Go to the Trackables page and see if you can find the answers there. Not much help! Good Luck.

Hope this doesn't DP!

We are in Victoria, BC.....there is a travel bug "hotel" downtown. I also have a cache at a rest stop on the Trans Canada Hwy (northbound). My one and only cache-child :) but it may be out of your way. I was pleased when my geocoin started to move after a year, so good on ya for moving Adventure Fish! Send me a message through geocaching.com if you wish.... popokiiti (lower case)

Dear popoki iti,

I am flying out early Tuesday June 30 morning. Will bring laptop with me to try and access the web while in Victoria. I need to try and find the TB hotel that is downtown. What is the name of it? And Where? Thanks

addicted2popcorn

We are in Victoria, BC.....there is a travel bug "hotel" downtown. I also have a cache at a rest stop on the Trans Canada Hwy (northbound). My one and only cache-child :D but it may be out of your way. I was pleased when my geocoin started to move after a year, so good on ya for moving Adventure Fish! Send me a message through geocaching.com if you wish.... popokiiti (lower case)

Okey dokey a2p, pm sent....I will add that the location appears to be closed on Sundays, and probably statuary holidays also. July 1 is Canada Day so they may well be closed. Big ( for us ) fireworks display down at the harbour that evening!

edit to add cheeky comment...be careful you don't trip over any caches when you cross our streets.. [:)] [:D]

Edited by popokiiti